• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lake Charles, the "King of Refinery Towns" out of action.

You can't simply stand back up power poles like they were Christmas trees. So you are correct.

Hurricanes are very well known. Protections are well known. People who refuse to self protect are always in added danger.

Brownie did a **** job! People from Louisiana and Mississippi will not hesitate to tell you that. If I am not mistaken it was Louisiana where the first t-shirts were made that said: FEMA - Fix Everything My Ass.

Y'all been through a bunch of big hurricanes up there in Idaho?

Here is the naked truth, if you haven't lived in hurricane country a few years and haven't experienced hurricane season after hurricane season and hurricane threat after threat, and hurricane damage and relief and lack thereof, you really don't know what any of it is like.

Living in Idaho you might have a blizzard experience. I have none. I lived in Omaha for a year and a half during the old heavy snow years and I used to travel to Chicago for business long ago and got snowed in once or twice, but none of that can compare to the experience of living in the cold frozen north year after year. None of that experience means I understand life in blizzard conditions. I don't.

There are many, many, good and logical reasons why most long time residents in hurricane country do what they do and don't do what they don't do.

Brownie did a **** job! People from Louisiana and Mississippi will not hesitate to tell you that. If I am not mistaken it was Louisiana where the first t-shirts were made that said: FEMA - Fix Everything My Ass.

Here is the naked truth, if you haven't lived in hurricane country a few years and haven't experienced hurricane season after hurricane season and hurricane threat after threat, and hurricane damage and relief and lack thereof, you really don't know what any of it is like.

Living in Idaho you might have a blizzard experience. I have none. I lived in Omaha for a year and a half during the old heavy snow years and I used to travel to Chicago for business long ago and got snowed in once or twice, but none of that can compare to the experience of living in the cold frozen north year after year. None of that experience means I understand life in blizzard conditions. I don't.

There are many, many, good and logical reasons why most long time residents in hurricane country do what they do and don't do what they don't do.

Good discussion and I congratulate you for the thoughtful commentary.

I moved to Idaho only 15 months back and have yet to experience a major snow storm.

Naturally where it snows heavy in this state, the State closes down highways like around October I think it is.

Take Katrina as a major example. New Orleans did manage to survive the hurricane. It did not survive the naked lack of response of Mayor Ray Nagin recently released from prison.

I believe the cause of the flood was a huge barge breaking into the levee that flooded the city for the most part.

Two Democrats tried to lay all the blame on both Bush and Brownie.

As to Bush he urged Blanco to declare an emergency and she said no to him.

Nagin had school buses in a parking lot that with a shred of leadership he would have declared martial law and ensured the citizens got onto those many buses and taken to safety.

Bush played no role at all in Nagin's failure to correctly use the buses.

We feel exactly the same way about you. The difference is, we're right and you're wrong.

I can speak for Democrats and also Republicans since learning the cold facts.

If Democrats actually wanted to cure racism, they would have by now.

We Republicans do try to cure racism but democrats work hard to prevent us from accomplishing that.

No, it means the cops aren't always right, and should be held accountable. I'm not surprised that's an alien concept to you though.

What about Drug users of a dangerous drug Fentanyl used b the violent George Floyd?

We have video of Floyd being very violent.

We also know the autopsy downplayed Fentanyl calling 11ng/ml a non death cause when research proves it is a deadly drug.

There have been hundreds of deaths from fentanyl since deaths from its abuse were first reported over 30 years ago. These include those first reported in California [5], to other states including Illinois [6,7], Michigan [8,9], Florida [10], Kansas [11], Maryland [12], Massachusetts [13], Minnesota [14], New Mexico [15], and also in other parts of the world including clusters in Canada [16] and Sweden [17]. In 2015, the USA Centre for Disease Control (CDC) reported 33 091 opioid deaths, of which almost 10 000 were due to synthetic opioids other than methadone (including fentanyl and related drugs), an increase of 72% over 2014 [18].

Fentanyl is about 100 times more potent on the mu-opioid receptor than morphine and has now been detected in batches of heroin. This is a particularly dangerous combination and has led to increased risk of sudden drug-caused death [8,19].

This publication reviews reports of these novel psychoactive opioids that have led to fatalities and provides an overview of their concentrations and circumstances in reported fatalities, and the detectability of these drugs in biological specimens.

Fatalities caused by novel opioids: a review

No, it means the cops aren't always right, and should be held accountable. I'm not surprised that's an alien concept to you though.

How often are crooks right? Should crooks be held accountable?

And what about Floyd so soaked in Fentanyl even though the autopsy found it, declared it a non factor. Despite the national Institute of Health declaring that amount will kill a human?

The officer charged will do as did OJ Simpson did and walk out a free man after the murder charge.

Hell no. When is the right going to stop running such losers? We thought W was bad until trump came along. Who's your next candidate tucker carlson?

Bush won both times. Trump will also repeat.

Recall when Democrats proclaimed the Gulf would be hit by one vicious hurricane after the other and the Gulf coast was doomed?

And we didn't get another hurricane for 10 years...lol

Yeah, I saw a truckload of thoughts and prayers heading that way.

There's more than that going on. :lamo

This isn't some blue ****hole like Ohio.

And everyone else lost. I would be careful of what I was wishing for.

I do not rank GW Bush as high as I rank Reagan and for good reason. I do rank Bush much higher than Obama.

Obama signed the screwed up law called Dodd Frank.

Obama signed the screwey law called the ACA.

Ane when he dicked off and after 8 years blocked the Canada Oil Pipeline to TX, he stopped us from getting the Oil and put men out of work.

Trump fixed that.

And everyone else lost. I would be careful of what I was wishing for.

How do you feel when Democrats call you greedy for your wealth?

I'm retired. I own my home mortgage free. I basically have no debt and every other week I spend in vero beach in an oceanfront condo.
Someone please tell me again about how envious and jealous I am of others.

I do not rank GW Bush as high as I rank Reagan and for good reason. I do rank Bush much higher than Obama.

Obama signed the screwed up law called Dodd Frank.

Obama signed the screwey law called the ACA.

Ane when he dicked off and after 8 years blocked the Canada Oil Pipeline to TX, he stopped us from getting the Oil and put men out of work.

Trump fixed that.

Obama showed us that ugly racists still exist. Trump brought them out into the open. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom