• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lagerfeld: 'Paris nightmare now'...

It is on one of the first pages..
Yes, you're correct, I see that now. Still doesn't explain why 20% of the population commits nearly half of the rapes, does it? Shouldn't 20% commit 20% of the rapes if what you say is true?

That is the official statistic.. well just under 600
“Research shows that the number of official allegations represents less than 10% of actual crimes,” Christophe Soullez, head of the French National Delinquency Observatory, told Le Figaro."
Reported' 'rapes' 'in' 'France' 'jump' '18'%'' 'in' 'five' 'years' '-' 'France' '24

That would mean that in actuality, 6,000 rapes occur in Paris per year, and only 600 are reported to police. How do you explain this?

And thank you for proving my point. You dispute the Paris number because it must be higher.. as that is what you are lead to believe by the right wing propaganda machine... and yet the actual reality is that there are far more people raped in a place like Houston than there are in Paris.

Paris officials say that only 10% of these crimes are reported. What am I to take that to mean? What do you take that to mean?

Have you been to Houston Pete? I wouldn't recommend it.

Yes, you're correct, I see that now. Still doesn't explain why 20% of the population commits nearly half of the rapes, does it? Shouldn't 20% commit 20% of the rapes if what you say is true?
Those rapes aren’t committed by 20% of the population, they’re committed by a relatively small number of individuals who are members of countless different categories of the overall population. You could identify statistical peaks on the basis of gender and age, almost certainly on residence, income, family background and all sorts of other characteristics.

For example, it’s interesting that Alaska was mentioned above. One feature that could be relevant there is a lot of young male migrant workers (albeit in Alaska they’ll largely be Canadian and American).

That would mean that in actuality, 6,000 rapes occur in Paris per year, and only 600 are reported to police. How do you explain this?
Rape is poorly reported everywhere. It still carries massive stigma, can be intensely emotional for the victims, still suffers from poor police procedures and is known to be extremely difficult to secure a conviction. One this we can’t be sure of is that the patterns in reported and convicted rape statistics would also be reflected in all of the estimated unreported rapes. It’s perfectly possible that rapes committed by some kinds of offender are more likely to be reported than others – rapes by strangers compared to “date-rape” for example. Just another reason not to get too obsessed with specific statistics.

Those rapes aren’t committed by 20% of the population, they’re committed by a relatively small number of individuals who are members of countless different categories of the overall population. You could identify statistical peaks on the basis of gender and age, almost certainly on residence, income, family background and all sorts of other characteristics.

For example, it’s interesting that Alaska was mentioned above. One feature that could be relevant there is a lot of young male migrant workers (albeit in Alaska they’ll largely be Canadian and American).

Rape is poorly reported everywhere. It still carries massive stigma, can be intensely emotional for the victims, still suffers from poor police procedures and is known to be extremely difficult to secure a conviction. One this we can’t be sure of is that the patterns in reported and convicted rape statistics would also be reflected in all of the estimated unreported rapes. It’s perfectly possible that rapes committed by some kinds of offender are more likely to be reported than others – rapes by strangers compared to “date-rape” for example. Just another reason not to get too obsessed with specific statistics.

The study found that foreign nationals commit almost half of the rape in Paris. Foreign nationals account for 20% of Paris residents. I'm guessing that "almost half" would have to equate to somewhere in the 40-49% range.

3 out of the top 5 nationalities of foreign born Parisians originate from countries where the Muslim population is 90-100%.

Of course, many French Muslims live in Paris as well.
-------
Are all of the media reports wrong about this issue? Many news groups that were pro-refugee a year ago, are the same ones reporting on migrant sex crimes in Europe.

It is pathetic because places like Houston or Anchorage have higher rape rates and is that because of Muslims and immigrants as well? If Paris has "epidemic proportions" of immigrant rape, then what the hell is going on in Houston and Anchorage?

It is pathetic because he is trying to link rape to religion and nationality and it is pretty clear if you do that, then American Christians are a raping culture compared to Muslims in France... so is that what you want out of it? That the nationality or/and religion is more important than the rape it self?

This whole focus on nationality and religion, takes away the focus on how many rapes there are. Just look at this thread... many are bitching about "ohh the dirty Muslims are raping", and yet fully ignoring the huge amounts of rapes other places in our industrialized world.

Well, why are the rape rates going up in France? The reporting rates have stayed relatively the same while the numbers reported have gone up tremendously.

Well, why are the rape rates going up in France? The reporting rates have stayed relatively the same while the numbers reported have gone up tremendously.

Wait.. what are you saying. If reporting rates have stayed the same, then the reporting numbers should be the same.. and not gone up.. or am I misunderstanding something? And over what time frame?`

From what I gather there was 12000 rapes reported in France in 2014. It was 11000 the year before and 10000 a decade ago. Yes they have gone up (and down in some years), but not by much. The changes could easily be due to better reporting. Reporting rates are a stab in the dark for the most place as it comes down to laws, society at large, police attitude and of course the willingness of the victim to report. I have seen numbers that state that there are 75000 rapes in France each year. So that would mean only 16% of rapes are reported. Is that realistic? Have no clue nor do most experts. And there is no way to link migrants, Muslims, Martians to the increase in rapes reported.. as such information is not registered in France (or any where else in Europe). Because rape is a taboo subject and women are ashamed, then rape goes under reported.. which fluctuations in reporting numbers can simply be a slight attitude change among women. Hell it could be population change. A decade ago the population of France was 63 million.. now it is 67, more people, more crimes.

For example, the FBI says there is a rape every 4.5 minutes in the US, but anti rape organisations say it is every 2 minutes.. The FBI says there was 84041 rapes in 2014, where as anti rape organisations says that number is closer to 288k+. I am using US numbers because the US rape statistics are the easiest to find because the Internet is so "American" :) And then you have countries like India which barely report any rapes.. but we all know they happen.

There has been a similar debate about the Swedish rape numbers, where the usual suspects claim that the rise in Swedish rape numbers over the last 2 decades is because of Muslim migrants.. and that is despite experts in the field saying it is not. The changes are easily attributed to changes in laws and changes in women rights and attitudes in Sweden. Especially the law part is critical.. there are so many things that are considered rape in Sweden and no elsewhere. For example, in Sweden each penetration with climax is considered a rape. So if you rape a woman 3 times, then that is 3 counts of rapes. In many other countries it would be one count. Or gang rapes. Each man involved is counted as a rape in Sweden, where as in other countries it is still only one count. Also the Swedish prosecutor is allowed to open a rape case against the will of the supposed victim.. which causes problems. All this along with liberated women means higher reporting numbers.

So basically it is a stupid discussion blaming a possible increase in rapes on migrants or Muslims, Jews, fat men, redheads or men with small penises.. as it is impossible to prove. The only thing that is possible to prove is the number of reported rapes... that is a statistic, and here there were 600 rapes in Paris in 2014, which is way lower than similar size cities around the western world..

Wait.. what are you saying. If reporting rates have stayed the same, then the reporting numbers should be the same.. and not gone up.. or am I misunderstanding something? And over what time frame?`

From what I gather there was 12000 rapes reported in France in 2014. It was 11000 the year before and 10000 a decade ago. Yes they have gone up (and down in some years), but not by much. The changes could easily be due to better reporting. Reporting rates are a stab in the dark for the most place as it comes down to laws, society at large, police attitude and of course the willingness of the victim to report. I have seen numbers that state that there are 75000 rapes in France each year. So that would mean only 16% of rapes are reported. Is that realistic? Have no clue nor do most experts. And there is no way to link migrants, Muslims, Martians to the increase in rapes reported.. as such information is not registered in France (or any where else in Europe). Because rape is a taboo subject and women are ashamed, then rape goes under reported.. which fluctuations in reporting numbers can simply be a slight attitude change among women. Hell it could be population change. A decade ago the population of France was 63 million.. now it is 67, more people, more crimes.

For example, the FBI says there is a rape every 4.5 minutes in the US, but anti rape organisations say it is every 2 minutes.. The FBI says there was 84041 rapes in 2014, where as anti rape organisations says that number is closer to 288k+. I am using US numbers because the US rape statistics are the easiest to find because the Internet is so "American" :) And then you have countries like India which barely report any rapes.. but we all know they happen.

There has been a similar debate about the Swedish rape numbers, where the usual suspects claim that the rise in Swedish rape numbers over the last 2 decades is because of Muslim migrants.. and that is despite experts in the field saying it is not. The changes are easily attributed to changes in laws and changes in women rights and attitudes in Sweden. Especially the law part is critical.. there are so many things that are considered rape in Sweden and no elsewhere. For example, in Sweden each penetration with climax is considered a rape. So if you rape a woman 3 times, then that is 3 counts of rapes. In many other countries it would be one count. Or gang rapes. Each man involved is counted as a rape in Sweden, where as in other countries it is still only one count. Also the Swedish prosecutor is allowed to open a rape case against the will of the supposed victim.. which causes problems. All this along with liberated women means higher reporting numbers.

So basically it is a stupid discussion blaming a possible increase in rapes on migrants or Muslims, Jews, fat men, redheads or men with small penises.. as it is impossible to prove. The only thing that is possible to prove is the number of reported rapes... that is a statistic, and here there were 600 rapes in Paris in 2014, which is way lower than similar size cities around the western world..

Pete, you know as well as I do we've had this same discussion and given the same explanation to various posters from across the pond who have a very specific agenda to push and we will all do it again. This is why I walked away a few posts ago - no matter how many times you disprove this, there is a production line of these guys who will continue to come and claim they know something we don't.

Life's too short, we almost need some stickies on the top of the Europe forum which these or any replacement guys have to prove they have read and understood before they make more such claims.

Pete, you know as well as I do we've had this same discussion and given the same explanation to various posters from across the pond who have a very specific agenda to push and we will all do it again. This is why I walked away a few posts ago - no matter how many times you disprove this, there is a production line of these guys who will continue to come and claim they know something we don't.

Life's too short, we almost need some stickies on the top of the Europe forum which these or any replacement guys have to prove they have read and understood before they make more such claims.

Yea I was bored... so why not. But I have proven my point beyond reasonable doubt... Philly has 4 times the rapes a year as Paris... and white Christian Anchorage has almost 10 times as much relative to population... so their whole theory is absolutely debunked and blown out of the water and their true agenda of islamphobia, racism and xenophobia is exposed yet again. End of discussion.

Yea I was bored... so why not. But I have proven my point beyond reasonable doubt... Philly has 4 times the rapes a year as Paris... and white Christian Anchorage has almost 10 times as much relative to population... so their whole theory is absolutely debunked and blown out of the water and their true agenda of islamphobia, racism and xenophobia is exposed yet again. End of discussion.

No you haven't proven anything. If you wish to hide behind those words designed to minimize and dehumanize any critisism and the person doing it, go right ahead.

Yeah, I was bored yesterday but when you walk away because you know the argument you are to be presented with you get that silly "ah, you lost neener! neener!" type of reply.

See ya on another thread.

I did not say that. I said you deny what is right before your eyes and blame everyone else for something you are scared to confront. It is much safer to call people names when you know there will be no violent response. On the other hand, calling out Islam just might get you killed.

Still no response about French authorities saying that only 10% of sexual offenses are actually reported.

Fear of my Dad's razor strap, always kept me in line.
Then your dad failed.

I was kept in line by guidance, love, support and encouragement. My parents didn't have to physically abuse me. They taught by example. When I was bad it was enough to know I'd disppointed them. I didn't need a strap to make me feel remorseful.

Have you in turn physically abused your own children? That's often how it works - learning by example.

I hear you IC (would you be IC3? Even though somebody above claims we've stopped racially classifying criminals in Europe), and there are times when I get very bored with it all and can't be bothered. And then there are other times when you just know that ignorance and bigotry have to be challlenged at every turn, even in an insignificant arena like DP. So please don't stop Pete, bring it on.

Urethra, IC1, (merrily $hagging a muslim IC3 - who isn't a rapist).

Over your uninformed stat you pulled out of thin air? Yea probably so.

Just think about it. US cities with very high crime rates, Anchorage the rape capital of the western world, and these US citizens overrun Paris, and the rape rates go up. Well it makes sense doesn't it? I think it's called the logic of coldjoint.

Just think about it. US cities with very high crime rates, Anchorage the rape capital of the western world, and these US citizens overrun Paris, and the rape rates go up. Well it makes sense doesn't it? I think it's called the logic of coldjoint.

Seems to me you really just like making up stories.

Back
Top Bottom