• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ladies

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Serious question. If you get intoxicated & have sex is that rape?

What an idiotic and poorly conceived question!

You need to elaborate on the circumstances. For example, is the female an adult and the male underage? Did you mean does it qualify as rape of the male?

Is either party acting in a way that they wouldn't sober?

Bottom line: Go back to the drawing board and rewrite your question.

Rape is determined by consent, not intoxication. Intoxication could impact ability to consent but it’s in no way an automatic of definitive link either way.
Incidentally, gender is irrelevant to the answer too.

SmokethatbGreen…..do you get women drunk so you can have sex with them?
Have you ever met a woman? believe it or not they're people just like you and me. And some of them just drink on their own they don't have to have some man get them drunk.

They have this thing called the agency, and if you ever get caught like forcibly shoving liquor down a woman's throat pretty sure you'll get in trouble for just that.

So nobody gets women drunk quit infantilizing women.

Rape is determined by consent, not intoxication. Intoxication could impact ability to consent but it’s in no way an automatic of definitive link either way.
Incidentally, gender is irrelevant to the answer too.

It doesn't seem too anymore. If we look at two cases one with Louis C k and another one with Aziz Ansari these two men that performed consensual sexual acts with the people that didn't later accused them of some form of sexual assault.

It's happened, men have been charged with rape for having sex with a woman because she was intoxicated but it depends on the circumstances. Many times being intoxicated does not help your defense in a criminal trial because you chose to drink so what happens because of the intoxication is on you. Obviously our criminal justice system isn't looking at being intoxicated as an illness the person can't control. Seems you can be drunk but still not be considered an alcoholic and not everyone views alcoholism as a disease. The same with mental illness, usually doesn't keep you out of prison.

If you don't want to put yourself at risk for sexual assault don't drink. This seems to be the usual way our justice system looks at sexual assault of a woman who was intoxicated.

It doesn't seem too anymore. If we look at two cases one with Louis C k and another one with Aziz Ansari these two men that performed consensual sexual acts with the people that didn't later accused them of some form of sexual assault.
My statements were entirely correct by the law of any relevant jurisdictions. What people claim (or what is misreported in the media or misremembered by forum posters months later) doesn’t change the facts of the law.

It's happened, men have been charged with rape for having sex with a woman because she was intoxicated but it depends on the circumstances.
That isn’t technically true. The rape will be because the victim didn’t (couldn’t) consent. The reason she couldn’t consent may well have been due to her intoxication but it is the lack of consent that is the significant point.

This may sound pedantic but it’s the key distinction for the question (especially if it’s being asked as the basis for some kind of gotcha which is sadly possible here).

That isn’t technically true. The rape will be because the victim didn’t (couldn’t) consent. The reason she couldn’t consent may well have been due to her intoxication but it is the lack of consent that is the significant point.

This may sound pedantic but it’s the key distinction for the question (especially if it’s being asked as the basis for some kind of gotcha which is sadly possible here).

You probably are correct about consenting or not consenting, I would have to have all the evidence from the particular case to be able to know and no way for me to get that information. I can remember a few cases where the woman was so intoxicated she was sexually taken advantage of but most likely consent was the reason for conviction of rape.

It's always possible the OP was thinking our laws should be changed. If alcohol or drugs have caused a person to not be able to think and make decisions in a normal way then having sex while intoxicated could be considered rape even if you consider consent. He or she made a faulty decision when it came to having sex, said yes but meant no, couldn't fight off the attack, blacked out etc. Like with most rape convictions you need witness's because he said, she said is difficult to convince others of who is telling the truth. When you're intoxicated you don't remember or perceive things correctly so your memory of the event is tainted.

Alcohol and certain drugs take away a persons inhibitions so if you were sober you would not do what you do when intoxicated. You could look at a woman who drinks as becoming a whore every-time she's intoxicated but you also could say the liquor or drug is the cause of her consenting and in her right mind she would not have sex. Thing is if the man is also intoxicated they both could be making decisions they normally would not make.

I'm rambling, trying to get my thoughts together. I'm not certain where the OP is going with the question but much to be considered.

Seriously, the title and content of the OP made me laugh out loud.

Why did it make you laugh out loud? I'm certain many a woman and also men have felt violated after having sex while intoxicated.

What an idiotic and poorly conceived question!

You need to elaborate on the circumstances. For example, is the female an adult and the male underage? Did you mean does it qualify as rape of the male?

Is either party acting in a way that they wouldn't sober?

Bottom line: Go back to the drawing board and rewrite your question.

Not for nothing, IMHO, this post is "idiotic and poorly conceived."

It is very clear what teh OP is asking and it needs to clarification.

No one acts the same sober as when intoxicated. This we know by freakin' definition.

Good grief.

Well...it was titled just for ladies for starters. It comes off as a very stupid question or a stupid pick up line.

Why did it make you laugh out loud? I'm certain many a woman and also men have felt violated after having sex while intoxicated.

and even more used the alcohol to intentionally lessen their inhibitions so they would have sex.

Bottom line, men are in peril every time they have sex or even make a sexual advancement.

Heck, a guy takes a chance by simply smiling at a women in this day and age. It's insane.

My statements were entirely correct by the law of any relevant jurisdictions. What people claim (or what is misreported in the media or misremembered by forum posters months later) doesn’t change the facts of the law.

Fair enough.

and even more used the alcohol to intentionally lessen their inhibitions so they would have sex.

Bottom line, men are in peril every time they have sex or even make a sexual advancement.

Heck, a guy takes a chance by simply smiling at a women in this day and age. It's insane.

I agree and seems to me society needs a big change on how sex is looked at, especially here in the United States.

You probably are correct about consenting or not consenting, I would have to have all the evidence from the particular case to be able to know and no way for me to get that information. I can remember a few cases where the woman was so intoxicated she was sexually taken advantage of but most likely consent was the reason for conviction of rape.

It's always possible the OP was thinking our laws should be changed. If alcohol or drugs have caused a person to not be able to think and make decisions in a normal way then having sex while intoxicated could be considered rape even if you consider consent. He or she made a faulty decision when it came to having sex, said yes but meant no, couldn't fight off the attack, blacked out etc. Like with most rape convictions you need witness's because he said, she said is difficult to convince others of who is telling the truth. When you're intoxicated you don't remember or perceive things correctly so your memory of the event is tainted.

Alcohol and certain drugs take away a persons inhibitions so if you were sober you would not do what you do when intoxicated. You could look at a woman who drinks as becoming a whore every-time she's intoxicated but you also could say the liquor or drug is the cause of her consenting and in her right mind she would not have sex. Thing is if the man is also intoxicated they both could be making decisions they normally would not make.

I'm rambling, trying to get my thoughts together. I'm not certain where the OP is going with the question but much to be considered.

You need to video the entire encounter to protect yourself. :mrgreen:

Well...it was titled just for ladies for starters. It comes off as a very stupid question or a stupid pick up line.

I agree the OP could have been more clear with how he asked the question. Thing is if, as a woman, you've ever been so intoxicated, the sex you had while intoxicated left you feeling violated, the question makes sense in that circumstance.

I agree the OP could have been more clear with how he asked the question. Thing is if, as a woman, you've ever been so intoxicated, the sex you had while intoxicated left you feeling violated, the question makes sense in that circumstance.

It goes both ways. I'm sure men have also been taken advantage of in the same way. To title the OP to just ladies seems creepy.

Back
Top Bottom