• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ladies -- how much younger?

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Do you have a "rule" of how old the guys are you'll date? I think most women feel comfortable dating older guys, but what about younger ones? How much younger is too young for you?

If I were a woman, I'd have a bunch of 20 year olds nibbling on my private parts.

I'm more into older women. I like them at around 23.

Interesting how this is targeted toward women and two men answer. :lol:

If I were a woman, I'd have a bunch of 20 year olds nibbling on my private parts.

I'm more into older women. I like them at around 23.

Wasn't there a Roman emperor that would swim in a pool and have young boys nibble on his private parts? I think he would call them his "little minnows" or something.

It's a dark and lonely job but dammit, someone's got to do it.

Interesting how this is targeted toward women and two men answer. :lol:

Do you have a "rule" of how old the guys are you'll date? I think most women feel comfortable dating older guys, but what about younger ones? How much younger is too young for you?

I have dated men as much as 12 yrs younger than me. As long as you keep things in the right perspective, it can be a lot of fun. Really depends on the individual. I have known plenty of men in their late 20s or early 30's who were more mature and balanced than a lot of men in their 40s and up.

Oh...pfft. Big whoop. I justify my being with an older women very easily, in many ways - one of which is that the average American woman outlives the average American man by 5-8 years.

Look at the bright side - if it goes the distance, you'll kick off at the same time, and neither of you get to be lonely at the home.

Depends on the guy really, but I might say 25 to be the youngest I would go and I'm 31. The oldest would probably be around 42ish. I don't want a little boy or a dad.

Depends on the guy really, but I might say 25 to be the youngest I would go and I'm 31. The oldest would probably be around 42ish. I don't want a little boy or a dad.

I don't care much about age personally. I figure that if you can find someone that you can really connect with and have a good time with, an arbitrary numbers means jack.

I tend to date older women, but that's because they espouse traits I desire...and women in their 20s and early 30s tend to lack those traits. If I found a 27 year old woman that had what I wanted, I'd go for it. Just so happens that I have a better chance with a 44 year old.

See, told ya we aint so bad! Only took ya at least a couple years to buy into it! ;)

I'm a little bit over 50. I highly doubt that I would find much in common with anybody under about 45, or over 60....

I don't have "rules" per se, but being only 24, there's only so low I can go.

I'm still young, but I'm old enough to be at least somewhat of an adult. I definitely wasn't at 18, 19, 20, or even 21, by my own admission. The top of that range is kind of my limit -- and it's going to depend on the guy.

My man is actually 2 years younger than me. We started going out when I was 23, and he was 21. And that is absolutely as low as I'd go, because at this age, a couple years makes such a huge difference.

He is uniquely mature; in certain ways, possibly more than I am. I don't notice that he's younger much, when I'm just with him.

But his friends? That's a mixed bag. They're all nice people, but there's some of them that I feel aren't quite in the place in their life I like in the company I keep. I don't make a fuss about that or anything. They're his friends, and they're all decent enough people, and I don't mind hanging out with them now and again. But the age gap shows when it comes to hanging out with each other's friends, even though it's 2 years difference.

Last edited:
I don't have "rules" per se, but being only 24, there's only so low I can go.

I'm still young, but I'm old enough to be at least somewhat of an adult. I definitely wasn't at 18, 19, 20, or even 21, by my own admission. The top of that range is kind of my limit -- and it's going to depend on the guy.

My man is actually 2 years younger than me. We started going out when I was 23, and he was 21. And that is absolutely as low as I'd go, because at this age, a couple years makes such a huge difference.

He is uniquely mature; in certain ways, possibly more than I am. I don't notice that he's younger much, when I'm just with him.

But his friends? That's a mixed bag. They're all nice people, but there's some of them that I feel aren't quite in the place in their life I like in the company I keep. I don't make a fuss about that or anything. They're his friends, and they're all decent enough people, and I don't mind hanging out with them now and again. But the age gap shows when it comes to hanging out with each other's friends, even though it's 2 years difference.

No way, you're young but you're totally an adult. You are much more mature and well-spoken than most adults I know. :lol:

Of course, you are at that age where a lot of your peers are not up to your level of maturity, so I can see where it would be difficult to find someone that you really "click" with. :)

I've never found younger guys to be attractive if the span is more than a few years - because I'm young, and I'm not drawn to immaturity. Though I have nothing as silly as 'take my years - divide by 2 - and add 7'

I'm 33 - by that ridiculous equation, I should go for a 23 year old . . . but I don't know any who aren't obnoxious idiots.

On the flip side - my husband was my age, now, when he met me - so apparently I wasn't an idiot in his eyes.

No way, you're young but you're totally an adult. You are much more mature and well-spoken than most adults I know. :lol:

Of course, you are at that age where a lot of your peers are not up to your level of maturity, so I can see where it would be difficult to find someone that you really "click" with. :)

Daw, thanks. But honestly, I wish I were half as good as I am when I write.

Yeah. Some of the people I've known for a long time are a mixed bag as well. So I get why some of his are. There's lots of reasons to keep hanging out with someone who's known you so long, even if they're kind of on a different level from you in some ways.

But the majority of my new friends are older. And honestly, a lot of my friends when I was a kid were older as well. He's the only guy I've ever dated who's younger than me, and go figure he's a better cook/general domestic, and looks older than I do. :lol:

Daw, thanks. But honestly, I wish I were half as good as I am when I write.

Yeah. Some of the people I've known for a long time are a mixed bag as well. So I get why some of his are. There's lots of reasons to keep hanging out with someone who's known you so long, even if they're kind of on a different level from you in some ways.

But the majority of my new friends are older. And honestly, a lot of my friends when I was a kid were older as well. He's the only guy I've ever dated who's younger than me, and go figure he's a better cook/general domestic, and looks older than I do. :lol:

Hey, as long as you two get along well, that's the important thing, and that he's of legal age of course. :lol:

I don't care much about age personally. I figure that if you can find someone that you can really connect with and have a good time with, an arbitrary numbers means jack.

I tend to date older women, but that's because they espouse traits I desire...and women in their 20s and early 30s tend to lack those traits. If I found a 27 year old woman that had what I wanted, I'd go for it. Just so happens that I have a better chance with a 44 year old.
l can say the same thing about men younger than 30 35

l see it is usually older ones that know how to treat women

l dont deny the fact that it may depend on the person but men usually mature slower than women ,they can still act like teenagers when they are 30

Hey, as long as you two get along well, that's the important thing, and that he's of legal age of course. :lol:

Due to what a dramatic shift it is for me to date someone younger when normally I'm in the 5-10 years older bracket, I've joked about "robbing the cradle."

And as a response, he simply says, "Egg time." Which is a reference to one of my more hilarious kitchen blunders while we were attempting to make dinner. :lol:

So at this point we only have one woman with a cutoff of 45+? Swell....:(

So at this point we only have one woman with a cutoff of 45+? Swell....:(

I'm always stunned by some of the hypocrisy I see in such threads, and sometimes just outright lies. :lol:

My BF is 8 years younger than I am and sometimes I feel he's the more mature one. Definitely more mature than my ex husband who is 8 years older than I am. You just never know. Age doesn't mean squat sometimes. Anyhoo, to answer the OP, I don't think I'd be comfortable dating someone who's more than 15 years younger. At some point, I would start feeling like I'm dipping into my 18 year old daughter's dating pool. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom