• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ladies and Gentlemen -- IL's NEXT Governor

Wouldn't surprise me if you see Michelle Obama's name on a ballot after the kids are off to college.

Wouldn't surprise me if you see Michelle Obama's name on a ballot after the kids are off to college.

Well, that's one way to get me to move...

I would think your 55 minute 911 response time unless you want to pay a private company for a 30 minute response time would be encouragement enough, but I guess we just have to find the right tipping point.......

Bill Daley makes run for Illinois governor official | WGN-TV

So, I suppose I should be happy that dink Quinn will be out of our hair...

Outside of that, I'm not enthused...

Yeah.....I called it. I knew once he was looking into putting his exploratory committee out there. He would throw his hat in the race. Right after he gave up Obamas Chief of White House position. I knew then he was breaking back for here. He could have had any other spot he wanted. Be a nice feather in the Daley's Cap if they can gain the Governors Office.

The Daleys will have their first real Chance to break into the Govs Office.....Maybe we should bring back Edgar to run against him.

As Republicans are weak in Illinois. Not to mention divided over Walsh and who should lead for the GOP in Illinois.

Which means he is opening the door for a Second Emanuel term in Chicago.....which that has been a Joke in itself. As Emanuel is a straight up Putz. Albeit until the chip gets knocked off his prima donna lil ass, he will continue to keep thinking he can talk the talk. Without ever having walked that walk.

I would think your 55 minute 911 response time unless you want to pay a private company for a 30 minute response time would be encouragement enough, but I guess we just have to find the right tipping point.......

I've got a home invasion kit, a retired CPD SWAT next door, a hospital within spitting distance, and a wife who's a HCP. That's not a concern.

Yeah.....I called it. I knew once he was looking into putting his exploratory committee out there. He would throw his hat in the race. Right after he gave up Obamas Chief of White House position. I knew then he was breaking back for here. He could have had any other spot he wanted. Be a nice feather in the Daley's Cap if they can gain the Governors Office.

The Daleys will have their first real Chance to break into the Govs Office.....Maybe we should bring back Edgar to run against him.

As Republicans are weak in Illinois. Not to mention divided over Walsh and who should lead for the GOP in Illinois.

Which means he is opening the door for a Second Emanuel term in Chicago.....which that has been a Joke in itself. As Emanuel is a straight up Putz. Albeit until the chip gets knocked off his prima donna lil ass, he will continue to keep thinking he can talk the talk. Without ever having walked that walk.

You need allot stronger opponent than Edgar, like Big Jim strong. Which I personally would love... Rahm's caving in to the CPS union gave him his second term. Especially since there are no real contenders to run against him. So the GOP opposition on both fronts is non existent.

The only "hurdle" :lamo if you can call it that, for Daley is Quinn. Like I said, meet our next Governor.

There is no GOP to lead. It's a sad, pathetic, state of affairs.

I've got a home invasion kit, a retired CPD SWAT next door, a hospital within spitting distance, and a wife who's a HCP. That's not a concern.

who is going to put out the fire?

You need allot stronger opponent than Edgar, like Big Jim strong. Which I personally would love... Rahm's caving in to the CPS union gave him his second term. Especially since there are no real contenders to run against him. So the GOP opposition on both fronts is non existent.

The only "hurdle" :lamo if you can call it that, for Daley is Quinn. Like I said, meet our next Governor.

There is no GOP to lead. It's a sad, pathetic, state of affairs.

Plus it is like I said.....they are divided way to much and are crossed over with what they are calling themselves here. Moderates. It hasn't helped them much in gaining any numbers. Nor any influence.

who is going to put out the fire?

Heh, with the river running a stone's throw away I suppose me and my neighbor's could form a bucket brigade... ;)

Plus it is like I said.....they are divided way to much and are crossed over with what they are calling themselves here. Moderates. It hasn't helped them much in gaining any numbers. Nor any influence.

If only the corn could vote, eh?

Well, I would settle for the dead not participating any more. Just sayin! :lol:

Ahhh, to be young and idealistic... :stars:

;)

Ahhh, to be young and idealistic... :stars:

;)

Didn't you hear....they said Change was gonna come.
grampa.gif
smiley_ROFLMAO.gif

I like Quinn - I just wish he would grow a pair and expose more of the corruption that is Illinois politics. He's in a good position to do so - he's still an outsider even as Governor.

Yeah, I would have to agree with you TG. Quinn isn't part of the machine and the Outfit. He takes a lot of flack from his own. But I did like the way he stopped their paychecks and now is making them look bad. Might be short term. But at least he got their attention.

Yeah, I would have to agree with you TG. Quinn isn't part of the machine and the Outfit. He takes a lot of flack from his own. But I did like the way he stopped their paychecks and now is making them look bad. Might be short term. But at least he got their attention.

The people who complain about Quinn must enjoy the Machine politics in the state. A guy like Quinn won't ever happen again.

The people who complain about Quinn must enjoy the Machine politics in the state. A guy like Quinn won't ever happen again.

Well that would be Mr. Madigan and his boys. That's who's on Quinn's ass. Course now.....it will be the Daley Outfit too. Which he doesn't really have an ally in Emanuel, either.

Heh, with the river running a stone's throw away I suppose me and my neighbor's could form a bucket brigade... ;)
Given the pollution, wouldn't that just be :fueltofir ;)

I did...twice - ain't no better anyplace else. The not-so-Mighty Quinn needs to go but another member of the Daley royal family?! Speaking of monarchies, what's happening with Lisa Madigan? There was some talk of her running...don't think she'd have a chance against the Daley machine though. Only thing she'd have going for her is daddy.

On the other side, what do you folks think about Rauner and/or Rutherford? Again, probably no chance.

Given the pollution, wouldn't that just be :fueltofir ;)

Heh, the North Branch isn't that bad...

I did...twice - ain't no better anyplace else. The not-so-Mighty Quinn needs to go but another member of the Daley royal family?! Speaking of monarchies, what's happening with Lisa Madigan? There was some talk of her running...don't think she'd have a chance against the Daley machine though. Only thing she'd have going for her is daddy.

On the other side, what do you folks think about Rauner and/or Rutherford? Again, probably no chance.

Don't get me wrong I'm not endorsing him, just reading the tea leaves. Quinn got his reward for helping in the coup against Blago now its time for the wolves to come out... I most certainly hope nothing is happening with "My Money" Mike's little girl, hopefully some scandal will break on her and papa before she can do any real damage.

The GOP in IL is a joke, which is funny since all but 2 or 3 counties vote red.

the only one in recent memory who had a fighting chance if he chose got out while the getting was good, and that was Jerry Weller... The Machine seen him as a threat, Nicaragua was a shot across the bow, and bow out of politics he did...

Smart man...

I like Quinn - I just wish he would grow a pair and expose more of the corruption that is Illinois politics. He's in a good position to do so - he's still an outsider even as Governor.

I never liked Quinn, and the way he helped snake Blago (whom I disliked even more, but I gotta call a witch hunt for what it is) made me like him even less.

There will never be an outsider as governor, as it is now don't expect anyone outside of Crook County to be one either...

Well that would be Mr. Madigan.

I would be perma-banned if I told you how I really felt about this guy...

Yeah well.....if ya see a Vet on the News and putting his Boot real deep off into Madigan's Ass, like Right in front of his whole family. Ya can helps, by getting up my bond money. :lamo

I never liked Quinn, and the way he helped snake Blago (whom I disliked even more, but I gotta call a witch hunt for what it is) made me like him even less.

As far as Quinn is concerned, I'd call it more of a palace coup than a witch hunt...but yeah.

There will never be an outsider as governor, as it is now don't expect anyone outside of Crook County to be one either...

Sad but true.

No feces!

Yeah well.....if ya see a Vet on the News and putting his Boot real deep off into Madigan's Ass, like Right in front of his whole family. Ya can helps, by getting up my bond money. :lamo

I'd cover the whole thing and consider it money well spent...(anonymously of course...);)

Back
Top Bottom