• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lack of respect

Artymoon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

The New York City Police Department is looking for suspects seen beating a 61-year-old woman with a kitchen pot before making off with several of her personal items, including her walker. --- Law enforcement in New York released video footage Wednesday showing an unidentified suspect striking a 60-year-old woman in the back of the head July 15 while inside Grand Central Station. The suspect was observed taking a running start before winding up and initiating what appeared to be an unprovoked attack.

Seeing this perturbed me and illustrates a great example of one of the things that ills our society. Not race, not guns or liberal vs. conservative. Just a lack of respect for your fellow human beings.

Oh boy..... Xiden sends a message to criminals, have at it. Its open season. Then he tells every breathing person south of the border come on down, we're open for business.

And this is what we get for it

New York City has turned into a shithole.

Oh boy..... Xiden sends a message to criminals, have at it. Its open season. Then he tells every breathing person south of the border come on down, we're open for business.

We can debate Biden's approach to criminals all day long but this sort of stuff has been happening for a lot longer than that.
Why is this political?
Wasn't sure if GP or law and order. Mods move if appropriate.

I would wager that these gutless thugs running around assaulting elderly folks don't even know who the president is. Certainly not any of his policies.

You keep posting stuff like this with no basis in reality. What do you think you accomplish with this rhetoric?

Seeing this perturbed me and illustrates a great example of one of the things that ills our society. Not race, not guns or liberal vs. conservative. Just a lack of respect for your fellow human beings.

Crime rose during the pandemic, but the rates are still less than at any point from 1960 to 2010.

Truly. This past decade is one of the most peaceful and harmonious decades the human race has ever experienced.

Crime rose during the pandemic, but the rates are still less than at any point from 1960 to 2010.

Truly. This past decade is one of the most peaceful and harmonious decades the human race has ever experienced.
Agree on overall crime rate. I was just imagining, while throwing back a coffee, that if we had just even a tiny bit more respect for each other how a lot of our problems would probably disappear. Wishful thinking for sure.

Another lie.

Why do you lie in nearly every post?

Isn't it embarrassing?

All possessions belong to the community .

This possession mania is horribly white .

Effing selfish old lady .

Linked in the article the OP posted is a twitter link to the NYPD "crime stoppers" information. Go to this link and then just scroll down looking at all of the video clips provided by the NYPD which are showing suspects they are looking for who have committed crimes, many violent attacks. 99% of the criminals in all of these videos are Black people. And true, most are committing offenses against other Black people. But to the point of "lack of respect" we need to call out the Black community for their problem with this plague of crime. That national corporate media doesn't want to talk about the fact that Blacks are committing most of these violent crimes. Yeah, they are quick to point out rouge White cops, or everytime some Antifa goon gets maced or hit with a baton, but you be the judge, look at the evidence, see WHO is committing these crimes?

https://twitter.com/NYPDTips?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

I missed that message. Can you please link to it? Or is it something that can only be heard in Trumpland?

The New York City Police Department is looking for suspects seen beating a 61-year-old woman with a kitchen pot before making off with several of her personal items, including her walker. --- Law enforcement in New York released video footage Wednesday showing an unidentified suspect striking a 60-year-old woman in the back of the head July 15 while inside Grand Central Station. The suspect was observed taking a running start before winding up and initiating what appeared to be an unprovoked attack.

Unfortunately this kind of sick behavior has been around for thousands of years.

Is it wrong? Yes. That seems obvious. I feel for that woman. But there is a subset of scum in every society in every decade in every country all the way back to the first recorded history that has no respect for fellow human beings.

Unfortunately this kind of sick behavior has been around for thousands of years.

Is it wrong? Yes. That seems obvious. I feel for that woman. But there is a subset of scum in every society in every decade in every country all the way back to the first recorded history that has no respect for fellow human beings.
💯

I don't think so...and I don't think this lady thinks so, either.

Right. It is a big city. Millions of people. Bad things happen occasionally.

But NYC remains a wonderful, vibrant, amazing, city.

It is not even in the top 50 most dangerous cities in the US.

Perhaps check the facts before going all chicken litle on us.

New York City has turned into a shithole.
And it's all De Blasio's fault.

He's undone everything that Dinkens, Guiliani and Bloomberg did to bring down and keep down the city's crime rate.

Are there those metal brackets at a lot of places in NYC?
The last Asian attack thread was a place that looked eerily similar to that one

NYC is a wonderfully vibrant city
Old people, Jews and Asians in the city beg to differ, seeing as they've taken a large number of the attacks in the past couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom