• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Labor Day, looking ahead.

Torus34

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
If private and public gatherings of people who do not take 'Big 3'* precautions result in the spread of the Covid-19 virus and if the incubation period for the virus is about a week or two, we can probably expect an increase in reported cases and the inevitable increase in Covid-19 assigned deaths which follows about 2 weeks later to begin in mid-late September.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

* The Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

If private and public gatherings of people who do not take 'Big 3'* precautions result in the spread of the Covid-19 virus and if the incubation period for the virus is about a week or two, we can probably expect an increase in reported cases and the inevitable increase in Covid-19 assigned deaths which follows about 2 weeks later to begin in mid-late September.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

* The Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.
It's happening.

It's happening.

Hi!

There's a lot of 'bounce' in the data for daily new cases, deaths and recoveries attributed to the Covid-19 virus in the US. The last 3 weeks, deaths Monday through Sunday total, have shown a steady drop in the double digits. There's not enough data for the present week to suggest a change in the general trend. We should know in about 3 weeks.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Hi!

There's a lot of 'bounce' in the data for daily new cases, deaths and recoveries attributed to the Covid-19 virus in the US. The last 3 weeks, deaths Monday through Sunday total, have shown a steady drop in the double digits. There's not enough data for the present week to suggest a change in the general trend. We should know in about 3 weeks.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.
I pursued this in another thread, but I'll add here, I've been charting the national numbers since the beginning. The current "trough" ended on September 10 (or 13, depending on your metric). It has been a general increase since then. I agree, there is not enough data to confirm the trend, but it is identifiable.

What it reflects, really, is the continued spread of the pathogen into new populations. It's like an algae bloom. At present, maybe 20% of the population has been exposed. We have a very long way to go before it "just disappears" as Trump continues to insist.

Back
Top Bottom