• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lab leak cover up

Good4Nothin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
You have heard recently from mainstream news, and many of you believe, that covid came from nature. But if you read this Vanity Fair article, you will probably change your mind.

[In December 2019]
At the highest levels of the U.S. government, alarm was growing over the question of where the virus had originated and whether research performed at the WIV, and funded in part by U.S. taxpayers, had played some role in its emergence.

To Dr. Robert Redfield, the director of the CDC at the time, it seemed not only possible but likely that the virus had originated in a lab. “I personally felt it wasn’t biologically plausible that [SARS CoV-2] went from bats to humans through an [intermediate] animal and became one of the most infectious viruses to humans,” he told Vanity Fair. Neither the 2002 SARS virus nor the 2012 MERS virus had transmitted with such devastating efficiency from one person to another.

What had changed? The difference, Redfield believed, was the gain-of-function research that Shi and Baric had published in 2015, and that EcoHealth Alliance had helped to fund. They had established that it was possible to alter a SARS-like bat coronavirus so that it would infect human cells via a protein called the ACE2 receptor. Although their experiments had taken place in Baric’s well-secured laboratory in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, who was to say that the WIV had not continued the research on its own?

I have always thought it came from that Wuhan lab.

You have heard recently from mainstream news, and many of you believe, that covid came from nature. But if you read this Vanity Fair article, you will probably change your mind.

Did you read it?

[A reporter asked Fauci:] Could SARS-CoV-2 have come from a lab? His answer from the White House podium was swift and clear. A recently published analysis from a “group of highly qualified evolutionary virologists” had concluded that the virus was “totally consistent with a jump of a species from an animal to a human.” He was referring to the Proximal Origin letter, drafted by some of the scientists he’d met with confidentially in early February.

The next day, Daszak sent an email of profuse thanks to Fauci for “publicly standing up and stating that the scientific evidence supports a natural origin for COVID-19 from a bat-to-human spillover, not a lab release from the Wuhan Institute of Virology.” Fauci responded, thanking him back.

Previously, EcoHealth Alliance had signed a pledge, along with 57 other scientific and medical organizations, to share data promptly in the event of a global public health emergency. And yet, in the face of just such an emergency, Daszak told Nature magazine, “We don’t think it’s fair that we should have to reveal everything we do.”

Not fair, no. If you start a pandemic, you should be allowed to hide the evidence.

It obviously came from the lab in Wuhan. I don't believe in coincidence anymore.

eye_roll.gifeye-roll-emoji.gif

It obviously came from the lab in Wuhan. I don't believe in coincidence anymore.

Even if you already have read a lot about it, it is worth reading this article, published yesterday. You won't have any doubt that Fauci is a liar.

Even if you already have read a lot about it, it is worth reading this article, published yesterday. You won't have any doubt that Fauci is a liar.
I'll check it out. I already think Fauci is a liar.

You already think so, but you will be certain. And I hope some of the Fauci-worshiping Big Brother lovers here will read it.

I realize there are people with a deep need to trust in authority (as long as that authority is not Republican). And they won't be able to read it without having an anxiety attack.

It's common sense that it leaked out of the lab where they were researching that virus and not from the wet market that was less than a mile away from that lab.

The thing is that it does not matter where it came from. Fauci and company got away with infecting the world. They are not going to be held accountable. Nobody will.

There is no reason to waste your energy getting upset about it. It has been made clear they are part of the untouchable class.

They said some of the most ridiculous things imaginable with a straight face to the public. They know they will face any consequences for it.

Next time they scream that the sky is falling and you must obey them, remember who these people are and who they are about. Their interests do not align with ours.

It's common sense that it leaked out of the lab where they were researching that virus and not from the wet market that was less than a mile away from that lab.

The thing is that it does not matter where it came from. Fauci and company got away with infecting the world. They are not going to be held accountable. Nobody will.

There is no reason to waste your energy getting upset about it. It has been made clear they are part of the untouchable class.

They said some of the most ridiculous things imaginable with a straight face to the public. They know they will face any consequences for it.

Next time they scream that the sky is falling and you must obey them, remember who these people are and who they are about. Their interests do not align with ours.

It does matter, and they might be held accountable. The problem is that progressive Democrats have become authority worshiping totalitarians. And that includes most of the members of this forum. If only they would start reading and thinking -- instead of just soaking up mainstream news -- then MOST of the American public would object to what has been going on.

But the Democrats here, and elsewhere, accuse every skeptic of being a far right conspiracy theorist. All Fauci has to do is say the conspiracy theorists are out to get him.

Come on Democrats, your Dear Leaders are lying crooks. At least read this VF article.

What has mainstream news said about RFK Jr.'s Fauci book? NOTHING. They can't deny what it says, so they say NOTHING. Even though it was a best seller.

It does matter, and they might be held accountable. The problem is that progressive Democrats have become authority worshiping totalitarians. And that includes most of the members of this forum. If only they would start reading and thinking -- instead of just soaking up mainstream news -- then MOST of the American public would object to what has been going on.

But the Democrats here, and elsewhere, accuse every skeptic of being a far right conspiracy theorist. All Fauci has to do is say the conspiracy theorists are out to get him.

Come on Democrats, your Dear Leaders are lying crooks. At least read this VF article.

What has mainstream news said about RFK Jr.'s Fauci book? NOTHING. They can't deny what it says, so they say NOTHING. Even though it was a best seller.

Chariots of the Gods was a best seller.

So what?

I read the article. All of it. It comes to no conclusions. Everything is speculative. Please cite the passages that prove Fauci is a liar and that the virus was definitely created in the Wuhan lab.

I read the article. All of it. It comes to no conclusions. Everything is speculative. Please cite the passages that prove Fauci is a liar and that the virus was definitely created in the Wuhan lab.

No one can prove anything since China won't cooperate. You should be able to see very clearly from the article that Fauci was trying to cover it up from the beginning. If the virus did not come from the lab, there were some pretty strange coincidences.

But when people are in denial nothing will make them see the obvious.

No one can prove anything since China won't cooperate. You should be able to see very clearly from the article that Fauci was trying to cover it up from the beginning. If the virus did not come from the lab, there were some pretty strange coincidences.

But when people are in denial nothing will make them see the obvious.

The challenge was :

Please cite the passages that prove Fauci is a liar and that the virus was definitely created in the Wuhan lab.

Viruses are notoriously changeable.

Assuming that they are not is beyond rational.

However, assuming that the Covid-19 Alpha virus jumped from an animal to a human one time in the Wet Market and then NEVER did it again is irrational.

Things that happen in nature, happen a lot in nature. Example? The Covid virus and its variants seem to have jumped from person to person more than 500 million times.

WE KNOW the virus jumps from person to person. It has been shown to have occurred 100's of Millions of times.

Jumping from an animal to a human OUTSIDE OF A LAB has not been shown to have happened even one time.

Not fair, no. If you start a pandemic, you should be allowed to hide the evidence.
interestingly, i've said something similar. if you start an attempted insurrection, you shouldn't be allowed to hide the evidence.

Why?

interestingly, i've said something similar. if you start an attempted insurrection, you shouldn't be allowed to hide the evidence.

Your comment has nothing to do with this post. You are trying to inject partisan BS into a scientific discussion.

Viruses are notoriously changeable.

Assuming that they are not is beyond rational.

However, assuming that the Covid-19 Alpha virus jumped from an animal to a human one time in the Wet Market and then NEVER did it again is irrational.

Things that happen in nature, happen a lot in nature. Example? The Covid virus and its variants seem to have jumped from person to person more than 500 million times.

WE KNOW the virus jumps from person to person. It has been shown to have occurred 100's of Millions of times.

Jumping from an animal to a human OUTSIDE OF A LAB has not been shown to have happened even one time.

You know for a fact it never happened again?

Please do, and see if you can find the part in the article that supports the notion that he’s a liar.

Your comment has nothing to do with this post. You are trying to inject partisan BS into a scientific discussion.
i'm just applying your logic to another current situation.

Please do, and see if you can find the part in the article that supports the notion that he’s a liar.

You don't remember when Fauci angrily stated that the NIH did NOT fund gain of function research? You don't remember when he said it is "molecularly impossible" that covid was modified in a lab? You read the article and yet did not notice the secret meetings he was involved in? Fauci is covering his ass. It isn't hard for him to do, since he controls most medical research funding in US universities. Any medical researcher who feels like opposing him can say good bye to their career.

You already think so, but you will be certain. And I hope some of the Fauci-worshiping Big Brother lovers here will read it.

I realize there are people with a deep need to trust in authority (as long as that authority is not Republican). And they won't be able to read it without having an anxiety attack.
I just read it and had an anxiety attack because it was so fricking long.

There is absolutely no doubt there is a massive cover up happening. This is what happens when you do business with a Chinese facility.I heard they don’t even have “Employees must wash hands” signs in the bathrooms.

Please don’t make read anything this long again. I don’t like acronyms.

Back
Top Bottom