• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

L.A. Riots

Whatever happened before did not justify what I saw on film.

What ever happened on film did not justify a riot.But the thugs who saw this only used it as a excuse to riot.In my opinion any other videos of police brutality should be kept out of the media,the media should be partially held respsonsible if
they release any more police brutality videos and a riot occurs.After all you do not pour gasline on a fire.

Originally posted by jamesrage:
What ever happened on film did not justify a riot.But the thugs who saw this only used it as a excuse to riot.In my opinion any other videos of police brutality should be kept out of the media,the media should be partially held respsonsible if
they release any more police brutality videos and a riot occurs.After all you do not pour gasline on a fire.
I agree that what was shown on film did not justify rioting.

George_Washington said:
People shouldn't have a right to riot. It's stupid, immature, and uncivilized in any case. There are much more civilized ways of handling things.

Agreed. That shows some people are nothing but savages. If this happened in Beverly hills or Malibu, they wouldn't have rioted.

jamesrage said:

Maybe, the media should expect what's going to happen. I mean, these people obviously have a caveman-esque mentality. They only know violence.

new coup for you said:
the riots were a product of alot of things, but we can't ignore the role Korean store owners played. Ever been to Korean store in the ghetto? Prices are marked up outrageously. And you can't take your business elsewhere because the Korean community works together to fix prices, and there are no non-korean stores.

making the poorest people in the country pay 5 bucks for a quart of milk is a dangerous policy

Then it should be very lucrative for blacks to start stores in their neighborhoods and sell at lower prices. Show me a place where someone is overcharging and I'll show you a great business oportunity. Of course if the black store owners have to add in additional margin to cover the cost of stolen merchanise and higher insurance cost then they just might have to charge the same high prices and whose fault is that?

If the L A Rioters had headed for beverly hills and started burning there.How much sympathy do you think the Liberal Hollywood establishment wuld have for them .
One of the reasons that dummy prosecutor moved the O>J> trial. He was afraid that if a local jury where it happened. convicted O.J. there would be riots. Some reflection on black people by a pblic official.

Billo_Really said:
Whatever happened before did not justify what I saw on film.

You should watch Chris Rock's "How Not to Get Ur Ass Kicked by the Police."

Quote: "If you run from the cops, they're coming after you, and they're bringin' an ass-kickin' with 'em."

Words to live by. (Chris is black, if you didn't know.)

George_Washington said:
I love people who think racism never happens to white people

All white people are racist.:roll: Didn't you know that?

Sob said:
All white people are racist.:roll: Didn't you know that?

Yes, all of them... to a certain extent. Whites are just as guilty of racism as Blacks are.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Then the blacks in this country have a legitimate history of oppression.

Why should they simply discard their culture and assimilate the culture of their oppressors?

Because they're HERE? Wouldn't that be a good reason to assimilate? Nobody's asking them to discard their culture, unless you consider rioting and looting part of their culture.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Another cause of racial friction is the natural attractives of asian women compared to the pallid ghastliness of the european women and the kinky-haired big butted black women. So the women seek to carve out seperate cultures to protect their access to males.

And that's nature. Nothing will ever change that.

53ff18fa8a.jpg
9bcb1d1780.jpg
d1bc0e51e0.jpg

I see what you mean. I just need to uhh, think about this for a little while.

I should be back in 20 minutes or so.

Back
Top Bottom