• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

L.A. Riots

kal-el

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
3,412
Reaction score
8
Location
United States
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I know this isn't really considered history, but unfortunately, it is a part of our past. And a dark, bad one at that. I had a discussion with a co-worker today about this topic. It seems in the early 90's, Rodney King was beaten for driving down the freeway 100 mph, high as a kite,and with drug parphenalia on him. A nearby person taped the cops beating him, but failed to show the beginning, where I'm sure he resisted. I realize the cops were using "excessive force", but if this law- breaking stoner wouldn't have resisted in the first place, it wouldn't have went down like that. I know this goes against my deep-rooted beliefs, but bare with me here. So after this, the pre-historic, cavemen, in south-central Los Angles starting rioting. They were trashing they're very own neighborhoods, looting, and terrorizing (I shouldn't really say this, but the oppositte skin color). I remember seeing the primates ripping out a trucker, I belive was Reginald Denney, and bludgening him. I know I shouldn't say this, but I wish the military would have went in sooner, and any looter would be shot on the spot. They should have went in with RPGs or heavy machine guns, IMO. They weren't even looting basic necessaties, they were taking Big screen TVs, and such. Of course the beatings. It was absurd. I finally seen with my own two eyes how modern America can turn into a dam jungle.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
kal-el said:
I know this isn't really considered history, but unfortunately, it is a part of our past. And a dark, bad one at that. I had a discussion with a co-worker today about this topic. It seems in the early 90's, Rodney King was beaten for driving down the freeway 100 mph, high as a kite,and with drug parphenalia on him. A nearby person taped the cops beating him, but failed to show the beginning, where I'm sure he resisted. I realize the cops were using "excessive force", but if this law- breaking stoner wouldn't have resisted in the first place, it wouldn't have went down like that. I know this goes against my deep-rooted beliefs, but bare with me here. So after this, the pre-historic, cavemen, in south-central Los Angles starting rioting. They were trashing they're very own neighborhoods, looting, and terrorizing (I shouldn't really say this, but the oppositte skin color). I remember seeing the primates ripping out a trucker, I belive was Reginald Denney, and bludgening him. I know I shouldn't say this, but I wish the military would have went in sooner, and any looter would be shot on the spot. They should have went in with RPGs or heavy machine guns, IMO. They weren't even looting basic necessaties, they were taking Big screen TVs, and such. Of course the beatings. It was absurd. I finally seen with my own two eyes how modern America can turn into a dam jungle.
From what I remember, most of the businesses in the "riot area" were run by Koreans, whom obviously were so far removed from the actual reason to riot. That's like punching out an Italian because an Irish guy slapped me....

Don't you just love it when people try to cure dandruff with decapitation?:roll:
 

kal-el

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
3,412
Reaction score
8
Location
United States
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
cnredd said:
From what I remember, most of the businesses in the "riot area" were run by Koreans, whom obviously were so far removed from the actual reason to riot. That's like punching out an Italian because an Irish guy slapped me....

Don't you just love it when people try to cure dandruff with decapitation?:roll:
Exactly. How stupid can one be? IMO, a non-violent protest would have attracted as much media attention, but no, they had to loot, rob, beat, steal, and I guess they were the judge, jury, and executioner?
 

JOHNYJ

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
567
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
LOs Angeles has always tried to have poicing on the cheap. They have a very small police force given the area they have to police.Because of that they have had a history of heavy handedness. to quell disturbances with force quickly, except the riots.The L A Cops folded like a cheap suit.There incompetence fueled the criminal rioting.
Newark's Riots proved that liberals can't'handle riots Governor hughs was useless during the riots. Newark still hasn't recovered and probably will never.
In New York cities last spree of rioting under Mayor dinkins. Who spent most of the 3 days of rioting watching tennis. Than denied there had been any rioting. An opinion not shared by the Orthodox Jews who had thought they were back in Nazi Germany being beaten in the streets by Black Nazi's.
 

Scarecrow Akhbar

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 22, 2005
Messages
11,430
Reaction score
2,282
Location
Los Angeles
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Rodney King was drugged up and way too stupid to stop when the cops tried to pull him over. He not only resisted arrest, he threw off the taser, twice. Someone one the side taped the incident.

Here's were it gets ugly. The left-wing race baiting pigs controlling the media decided that it would be best if only the Poor-Rodney-On-The-Ground beating scene was aired, and the first two minutes of Rodney resisiting arrest would never see air time again.

Then followed an endless year of perpetual "LAPD is Racist, LAPD is Racist, LAPD is Racist, LAPD is Racist, LAPD is Racist, LAPD is Racist, ....." on the TV, radio, and papers. Pictures of poor bandaged Rodney. The usual race baiting Democrats blaming Republicans for "HATE".

In this atmosphere another incident happens. Young darling shoplifting welfare dependent Latasha Harlan tries to steal a bottle of orange juice from a Korean liquor store in South Central LA. The stupid Korean shop-keeping broad (and yes, most of the Koreans I've met in Los Angeles ARE racist pigs.)
shoots the nice young innocent Latasha dead, unprovoked. What twisted the tail on this donkey for everyone except Koreans was her sentence to a year's probation.

Certainly the Rodney King incident was a manufactured circus.

Certainly everyone had a damn good reason to be upset over this Latasha ruling.

On to The Trial of the cops who arrested Rodney King. Turns out the jury wasn't as racist at the Democrats, and not only didn't presume white cops were automatically racist, but rejected the attempted murder charges the despicable politically motivated DA had on them. Not guilty all across the board.

The worst part: Darryl Gates was expecting emotional outbursts at the conclusion of this trial (stupid people nowadays riot when their team WINS, for pete's sake). He was immediately set upon by the black mouthpieces for being racist. It's clearly racist to prepare for the worst. The claim was that black people won't automatically riot and Gates was racist for getting ready.

Gates said "Fine", he ordered all cops to stand down, and he went to a party just before the verdict went out. He told the police that if anything happened to protect themselves.

The worst part. After the not guilty verdicts were read, Mayor Tom Bradley went to the First AME Church and ON THE AIR instigated the black people of Los Angeles to riot.

I was there that day, and watched it all on TV.
 

new coup for you

Upper West Side Jacobin
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 15, 2005
Messages
10,643
Reaction score
2,283
Location
Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
the riots were a product of alot of things, but we can't ignore the role Korean store owners played. Ever been to Korean store in the ghetto? Prices are marked up outrageously. And you can't take your business elsewhere because the Korean community works together to fix prices, and there are no non-korean stores.

making the poorest people in the country pay 5 bucks for a quart of milk is a dangerous policy
 

JOHNYJ

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
567
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
RE : New Cop For You # 6
Who stoped black people from opening a store ? Los Angeles had a black Mayor at one time. I will bet there are a bunch of grants,loans, all for minorities that want to open business's. What about all those Rapp artist,basketball players, that talk about helping, " their People ".
The Koreans probably couldn't get insurance for those stores or credit from suppliers. After the Newark Riots many people in Newark had to shop outsde the city because no supermarket would open a store there .It took over 10 years for Newark to get a movie theatre and it was built outside the city proper near the turnpike. The koreans filled a void created by black people.
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
kal-el said:
Exactly. How stupid can one be? IMO, a non-violent protest would have attracted as much media attention, but no, they had to loot, rob, beat, steal, and I guess they were the judge, jury, and executioner?
It had nothing to do with getting a message out. It was al about getting something for nothing. It was a reason to steal things break things and hurt people.
 

kal-el

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
3,412
Reaction score
8
Location
United States
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Calm2Chaos said:
It had nothing to do with getting a message out. It was al about getting something for nothing. It was a reason to steal things break things and hurt people.
:rofl , you're probably right about that.
 

MSgt

Stabler Genius
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
23,722
Reaction score
8,409
Location
Highlands Ranch, CO
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Calm2Chaos said:
It had nothing to do with getting a message out. It was al about getting something for nothing. It was a reason to steal things break things and hurt people.

Hmmm. Where else have we seen such behavior?
 

TimmyBoy

Banned
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I think some of you guys don't fully appreciate the extreme pressures of being a cop. You deal with frivolous complaints against you that have no merit but have the potential to be blown out of proportion. You are always under the microscope. You are always in a compromising position where, no matter what decision you make, you are screwed. You can't trust the system because the system will simply crucify you to appease political pressure from the community, even if you haven't broken the law. You have to protect your own life as well. The public doesn't appreciate what you do and you constantly have to deal with the worst of society and must treat them with extreme care or face being sued or criminal charged. You don't get paid worth a damn either. Stop busting on cops. Law Enforcement has the second highest sucide rate of any profession in the US, the first being the medical profession. They deserve to be treated with the highest respect for what they endure and put up with. I will always be glad to buy a cop a beer and thank him.
 

TimmyBoy

Banned
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If you want to survive as a cop, you have to be as perfect as Jesus on a daily basis both when you are not working and when you are working, which is extremely hard to do. You have to be the role model of society.
 

vergiss

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
2,356
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
As a matter of fact, I can't even remember the LA riots. Heh... *feels like a baby*

I love cops. They're right heroes. Well... not the corrupt or power-tripping ones, obviously, but the majority are truly admirable people.
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
GySgt said:
Hmmm. Where else have we seen such behavior?

Hey .. They needed that TV to float on as they tried to survive. And the jewlry would be used for fishing lures... It was innocent I tell you...LOL
 

new coup for you

Upper West Side Jacobin
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 15, 2005
Messages
10,643
Reaction score
2,283
Location
Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
JOHNYJ said:
RE : New Cop For You # 6
Who stoped black people from opening a store ? Los Angeles had a black Mayor at one time. I will bet there are a bunch of grants,loans, all for minorities that want to open business's. What about all those Rapp artist,basketball players, that talk about helping, " their People ".
The Koreans probably couldn't get insurance for those stores or credit from suppliers. After the Newark Riots many people in Newark had to shop outsde the city because no supermarket would open a store there .It took over 10 years for Newark to get a movie theatre and it was built outside the city proper near the turnpike. The koreans filled a void created by black people.
i'm not a riot apologist, i'm suggesting one possible motive

having a black mayor inherently helps black people? if we follow that logic we must accep that having a white mayor helps white people.

Korean immigrants because of cultural traits and a higher level of education were able to monopolize the market, and in my opinion they abused that position. and, also in my opinion, the riots were partly the result of that abuse.

want to get slightly more outrageous? look at the situation in inner city Germany post WWI. it was almost identical, except with poor germans and store owning jews. a market monopoly and abusively high prices forced on terribly poor people.

if you **** a community over they'll hit back. that's not to say the Nazi party or the LA riots were reasonable responses, but they were responses.
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
new coup for you said:
i'm not a riot apologist, i'm suggesting one possible motive

having a black mayor inherently helps black people? if we follow that logic we must accep that having a white mayor helps white people.

Korean immigrants because of cultural traits and a higher level of education were able to monopolize the market, and in my opinion they abused that position. and, also in my opinion, the riots were partly the result of that abuse.

want to get slightly more outrageous? look at the situation in inner city Germany post WWI. it was almost identical, except with poor germans and store owning jews. a market monopoly and abusively high prices forced on terribly poor people.

if you **** a community over they'll hit back. that's not to say the Nazi party or the LA riots were reasonable responses, but they were responses.
Ummm they hit them self back. They destroyed there own neighborhood...

They wanted free ****.. They got it.. I don't think there was much more to it then that
 

MSgt

Stabler Genius
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
23,722
Reaction score
8,409
Location
Highlands Ranch, CO
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Calm2Chaos said:
Ummm they hit them self back. They destroyed there own neighborhood...

They wanted free ****.. They got it.. I don't think there was much more to it then that
At the expense of coming off racist, in the absence of law, we have seen this in L.A., New Orleans, Miami, Chicago, etc.

Leighton Levy writes for the Jamaica Star......

The dark side of black people

LET ME START by saying that if I had my life to live over a thousand times, the one thing I would not change would be my race. I am proud to be a black man. There are times however, when I wish that certain people and I did not share that trait.

For the past few days, the whole world ... well, at least those who have access to satellite and cable television, have been seeing pictures of the virtually total devastation of the cities of the U.S. Gulf Coast by Hurricane Katrina. An estimated 90 per cent of homes in New Orleans have been destroyed by flood waters and more than 100 people have been confirmed dead.

We see people standing on the roofs of their submerged homes desperate to be rescued, others being airlifted to safety, and we have heard tear-jerking stories of families losing their loved ones. But in all of this, we have also seen the really dark side of black people.

The day after the hurricane passed, there were reports of looting but network reporters had been saying that people were looting out of desperation, in search of food and water. A lot they knew.

The pictures I have been seeing are of people - black people - stealing shoes, diapers, and television sets. Not food and definitely not water. Not unless the armfuls of clothing, shoes, and appliances I see people wading through the streets with count as food and water.

Now, if all the looters were looting out of desperation, how desperate were the guy and girls I saw toting several boxes of size 13 Nikes? How desperate was the fellow with the stack of diapers? What, is it that he has several babies at home suffering from loose bowels? What am I talking about, what home? Everything is under water and what isn't, has been totally destroyed.

Plasma TV?

And just what are those guys stealing the plasma television sets going to be watching when there is no power in the entire city?

Desperation? Yeah, right. I am beginning to believe that black people, no matter where in the world they are, are cursed with a genetic predisposition to steal, murder, and create mayhem.

The entire firearm department at a Wal-Mart department store, for example, was cleaned out and the looters used the stolen weapons to rob people. How low is that? Everybody is suffering and the black people would seek to rob people who are suffering just like themselves.

No white looters?

And it has nothing to do with poverty. Where are the white people in all this? I am sure there are poor white people living in New Orleans, Biloxi and the other towns affected by what has been going on. Is it that the media are not showing pictures of them looting and robbing? Or is it that they are too busy trying to stay alive, waiting to be rescued, and hiding from the blacks.

And you know what? Even if the poor whites were looting and robbing, wouldn't it be nice if the blacks could have made them the only ones doing it?

Just once, I would like for us blacks to take the high road in situations like this, where instead of showing our darkest side, we put our best foot forward. But I guess that would be too much to ask, too much of a case of wishful thinking.


http://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/20050902/cleisure/cleisure1.html
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
GySgt said:
At the expense of coming off racist, in the absence of law, we have seen this in L.A., New Orleans, Miami, Chicago, etc.

Leighton Levy writes for the Jamaica Star......

The dark side of black people

LET ME START by saying that if I had my life to live over a thousand times, the one thing I would not change would be my race. I am proud to be a black man. There are times however, when I wish that certain people and I did not share that trait.

For the past few days, the whole world ... well, at least those who have access to satellite and cable television, have been seeing pictures of the virtually total devastation of the cities of the U.S. Gulf Coast by Hurricane Katrina. An estimated 90 per cent of homes in New Orleans have been destroyed by flood waters and more than 100 people have been confirmed dead.

We see people standing on the roofs of their submerged homes desperate to be rescued, others being airlifted to safety, and we have heard tear-jerking stories of families losing their loved ones. But in all of this, we have also seen the really dark side of black people.

The day after the hurricane passed, there were reports of looting but network reporters had been saying that people were looting out of desperation, in search of food and water. A lot they knew.

The pictures I have been seeing are of people - black people - stealing shoes, diapers, and television sets. Not food and definitely not water. Not unless the armfuls of clothing, shoes, and appliances I see people wading through the streets with count as food and water.

Now, if all the looters were looting out of desperation, how desperate were the guy and girls I saw toting several boxes of size 13 Nikes? How desperate was the fellow with the stack of diapers? What, is it that he has several babies at home suffering from loose bowels? What am I talking about, what home? Everything is under water and what isn't, has been totally destroyed.

Plasma TV?

And just what are those guys stealing the plasma television sets going to be watching when there is no power in the entire city?

Desperation? Yeah, right. I am beginning to believe that black people, no matter where in the world they are, are cursed with a genetic predisposition to steal, murder, and create mayhem.

The entire firearm department at a Wal-Mart department store, for example, was cleaned out and the looters used the stolen weapons to rob people. How low is that? Everybody is suffering and the black people would seek to rob people who are suffering just like themselves.

No white looters?

And it has nothing to do with poverty. Where are the white people in all this? I am sure there are poor white people living in New Orleans, Biloxi and the other towns affected by what has been going on. Is it that the media are not showing pictures of them looting and robbing? Or is it that they are too busy trying to stay alive, waiting to be rescued, and hiding from the blacks.

And you know what? Even if the poor whites were looting and robbing, wouldn't it be nice if the blacks could have made them the only ones doing it?

Just once, I would like for us blacks to take the high road in situations like this, where instead of showing our darkest side, we put our best foot forward. But I guess that would be too much to ask, too much of a case of wishful thinking.


http://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/20050902/cleisure/cleisure1.html
I think that was pretty to the point wasn't it.
 

MSgt

Stabler Genius
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
23,722
Reaction score
8,409
Location
Highlands Ranch, CO
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Calm2Chaos said:
I think that was pretty to the point wasn't it.

I thought it was. It was a black guy that wrote it too.
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
GySgt said:
I thought it was. It was a black guy that wrote it too.
He must be an "Uncle Tom" then
 

Canuck

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
849
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
those who fought this foiled revolution should be hailed as heroes of america
instead America sends its youth to kill innocent people and when they kill good they are heroes
while America's youth fights and spills their blood for America are they really fighting for freedom
America lost freedom since the iraq terror war
as long as you think you are free they have you hoodwinked
what America need is another LA riot in every city untill freedom rings
 

MSgt

Stabler Genius
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
23,722
Reaction score
8,409
Location
Highlands Ranch, CO
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Canuck said:
those who fought this foiled revolution should be hailed as heroes of america
instead America sends its youth to kill innocent people and when they kill good they are heroes
while America's youth fights and spills their blood for America are they really fighting for freedom
America lost freedom since the iraq terror war
as long as you think you are free they have you hoodwinked
what America need is another LA riot in every city untill freedom rings

......said the 8 year old.
 

Billo_Really

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by kal-el:
I know this isn't really considered history, but unfortunately, it is a part of our past. And a dark, bad one at that. I had a discussion with a co-worker today about this topic. It seems in the early 90's, Rodney King was beaten for driving down the freeway 100 mph, high as a kite,and with drug parphenalia on him. A nearby person taped the cops beating him, but failed to show the beginning, where I'm sure he resisted. I realize the cops were using "excessive force", but if this law- breaking stoner wouldn't have resisted in the first place, it wouldn't have went down like that. I know this goes against my deep-rooted beliefs, but bare with me here. So after this, the pre-historic, cavemen, in south-central Los Angles starting rioting. They were trashing they're very own neighborhoods, looting, and terrorizing (I shouldn't really say this, but the oppositte skin color). I remember seeing the primates ripping out a trucker, I belive was Reginald Denney, and bludgening him. I know I shouldn't say this, but I wish the military would have went in sooner, and any looter would be shot on the spot. They should have went in with RPGs or heavy machine guns, IMO. They weren't even looting basic necessaties, they were taking Big screen TVs, and such. Of course the beatings. It was absurd. I finally seen with my own two eyes how modern America can turn into a dam jungle.
Even though Rodney King probably deserved a beating, lets not take away the atrocity that was committed by those eleven cops nor the Simi Valley court that gave four of them a slap on the wrist.

Your commenting on something that happened in my own backyard (so to speak). Since I was born and raised in Long Beach, California, I not only lived through this riot, but went through the Watts riot back in 1965 (although only 8 at the time).

Don't blow off the reason they rioted. What happened on South Central was wrong. Thats not how you protest government. But why they rioted was even more wrong. When you have a government that will not protect you from abuse, will not listen to your cries, will not give you justice, will look the other way when atrocities are committed under the color of authority, what would you expect should happen?

The one cop (I forget his name at the moment), the one doing most of the beating, said that he was "...in fear for his life". I saw the tape several times. He is surgically beating this guy with 10 other cops standing around with their hands on their service revolvers. And he says he was in "...fear for his life!" He is either lying, or is the biggest ***** on the planet!

What happened in Simi Valley is now happening in Washington D.C. We have a government that does not represent, nor does it care, about its citizens. It only cares about corporations that fill their coffers. Apparently, those riots didn't teach us anything.

What it should have taught us is:
  • People need to get more involved in the political process if they want true change in government.
  • Rioting and violence is not the proper way to address your grievances to your elected officials.
 

MSgt

Stabler Genius
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
23,722
Reaction score
8,409
Location
Highlands Ranch, CO
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Billo_Really said:
Even though Rodney King probably deserved a beating, lets not take away the atrocity that was committed by those eleven cops nor the Simi Valley court that gave four of them a slap on the wrist.

Your commenting on something that happened in my own backyard (so to speak). Since I was born and raised in Long Beach, California, I not only lived through this riot, but went through the Watts riot back in 1965 (although only 8 at the time).

Don't blow off the reason they rioted. What happened on South Central was wrong. Thats not how you protest government. But why they rioted was even more wrong. When you have a government that will not protect you from abuse, will not listen to your cries, will not give you justice, will look the other way when atrocities are committed under the color of authority, what would you expect should happen?

The one cop (I forget his name at the moment), the one doing most of the beating, said that he was "...in fear for his life". I saw the tape several times. He is surgically beating this guy with 10 other cops standing around with their hands on their service revolvers. And he says he was in "...fear for his life!" He is either lying, or is the biggest ***** on the planet!

What happened in Simi Valley is now happening in Washington D.C. We have a government that does not represent, nor does it care, about its citizens. It only cares about corporations that fill their coffers. Apparently, those riots didn't teach us anything.

What it should have taught us is:
  • People need to get more involved in the political process if they want true change in government.
  • Rioting and violence is not the proper way to address your grievances to your elected officials.

How PC of you and you do it with a complete disregard for true issues. L.A. is no where near the only place where "black people" have shown the world their sense of self control and there is never a reason to riot. In the absence of law, this has always been an option.
 

Billo_Really

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by GySgt:
How PC of you and you do it with a complete disregard for true issues. L.A. is no where near the only place where "black people" have shown the world their sense of self control and there is never a reason to riot. In the absence of law, this has always been an option.
How dare you call me PC! I almost used the J-word here. I never said L.A. was the only place. I can't respond to the rest because I don't know what your saying.
 
Top Bottom