• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kyle Rittenhouse Weighs In on Hunter Biden for the First Time

j brown's body

"A Soros-backed animal"
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
"Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse has spoken out about the authenticity of emails from Hunter Biden's laptop while tying them to his own case. Rittenhouse, who was cleared of two counts of murder following a highly divisive trial in November 2021, waded into the debate surrounding information reported to have come from a laptop belonging to President Joe Biden's son.

Rittenhouse, who was embraced by the right and praised as a hero after being found not guilty of murdering two people at Black Lives Matter protests in August 2020, has now joined in the chorus of those claiming the Hunter Biden laptop story has been shown to be a legitimate concern.
"Let me get this straight, Joe Biden can turn a blind eye to the misconduct of his own son, but defames me for defending myself?" Rittenhouse tweeted on Tuesday.

Link

I hadn't seen a new Hunter Biden story today so I thought I would fill the gap.

"Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse has spoken out about the authenticity of emails from Hunter Biden's laptop while tying them to his own case. Rittenhouse, who was cleared of two counts of murder following a highly divisive trial in November 2021, waded into the debate surrounding information reported to have come from a laptop belonging to President Joe Biden's son.

Rittenhouse, who was embraced by the right and praised as a hero after being found not guilty of murdering two people at Black Lives Matter protests in August 2020, has now joined in the chorus of those claiming the Hunter Biden laptop story has been shown to be a legitimate concern.
"Let me get this straight, Joe Biden can turn a blind eye to the misconduct of his own son, but defames me for defending myself?" Rittenhouse tweeted on Tuesday.

Link

Is this where we point out that people here are obsessed with Kyle Rittenhouse?

This douche bag's 5 minutes of fame is up.

Why isn't he in Ukraine trying to be a hero there?

Not while you folks keep talking about him.

Link

Boy oh boy that out to have President Biden worried.

Link

Who wouldn't have had to have defended himself, had he stayed at home like he should have.

But hey - who doesn't want to hear what this wet-behind-the-ears Call of Duty incel has to say?

giphy.gif

It is not surprising to see the right cling to Rittenhouse, most of them would like to do the same thing he did. Show up armed to a protest and "in defense" gun unarmed people down.

"You folks?"

Someone had to ask his his opinion on this.

I wish instead they'd ask if he going to Ukraine to help there, since he likes leaving his state to poke his nose in other people's business.

But Newsweek didn't need to report it, the OP didn't need to give the newsweek story legs by posting it, and so on. Whoever it was who asked Rittenhouse the question could also be ignored.

It is not surprising to see the right cling to Rittenhouse, most of them would like to do the same thing he did. Show up armed to a protest and "in defense" gun unarmed people down.

Well one of them is now “unarmed”. Hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
"You folks?"

Someone had to ask his his opinion on this.

I wish instead they'd ask if he going to Ukraine to help there, since he likes leaving his state to poke his nose in other people's business.

Rittenhouse supporters complaining about him being given the attention he's begging for, in tongue of sour grapes. Hilarious.

Was Newsweek always right leaning? I notice them quoted quite a bit here and always with a significant right wing bias.

But Newsweek didn't need to report it, the OP didn't need to give the newsweek story legs by posting it, and so on. Whoever it was who asked Rittenhouse the question could also be ignored.

Instead of giving the story another leg, you could have ignored it too. Anything else you want to talk about you don't think people should talk about? Now that you've appointed yourself the arbiter of what shouldn't be talked about?

Mr 5 minutes of Fame could have told whomever asked him that he is not an expert and has no comment or said "I don't care."

But he did respond, because he wants another 5 minutes of fame.

I'm sure Fox News will be running with this and having Mr Five Extra Minutes of Fame on every show providing his "expertise" on Hunter Biden and the laptop.

Link

Good stuff. The little creepy moron is talking about Hunter Biden now. Love it.

Does he have a girlfriend to beat up or a mope to kill?

Honestly who gives a shit about Kyle? I mean other than than the Trumpist Cult-o-sphere? When is he going to get his gig on Fox? Run for Congress? These all seem like viable paths for the darling of the right.

Nothing he says "ties" the emails from Hunter Biden's laptop to his own case. Kyle Rittenhouse just commented on the emails. So what?

Yes, he was cleared on all counts, including a gun possession charge, because the jury found that he had reasonably defended himself against people who attacked him.

This article frames this as "embraced by the right" - as if acting in self-defense is somehow a right wing thing to do. He was found not guilty, he wasn't "embraced." And, the article suggests he "joined the chorus of those claiming..." the laptop has been shown to be a legitimate concern. Oh, yeah - like - the Washington Post, New York Times, and other media outlets who previously covered the story up are not reporting ont he story, because it is a legitimate concern? That "chorus?" LOL.

So Rittenhouse said "Biden can turn a blind eye to misconduct of his own son, but defames me for defending myself?" I mean - Biden did defame Rittenhouse. He depicted an image of Rittenhouse when he referred to Trump not condemning "white supremacists." And, he said flat out that Rittenhouse was a "militia member" and asked "have you ever heard this president condemn white supremacists..." in that same comment, referring to Rittenhouse. That's not "tying" the laptop to his own case, that's comparing what Joe Biden says about his crackhead crook son, compared to what he said about a presumed innocent and later found not guilty, person.

This is a "Republicans Pounce!" article. The article says "....organizations such as The New York Times and The Washington Post have authenticated some of the original claims regarding Hunter Biden's laptop, which were first published by the New York Post just weeks before the 2020 election." So, it's not just a "chorus" of "right wingers" who are interested in the laptop. But, this article frames it as "A number of Republican figures have jumped on how news..." See, cuz, like, it's bad to "jump on" or "pounce" on something that comes out negative about a democrat - see, then it's not the negative information that is the issue, it's the "pouncing" that's the issue. LOL.

The framing is beautiful in this piece -- the article describes how "Hunter Biden arranged for then Vice President Joe Biden to meet with an executive from Ukrainian energy firm Burisma, where Hunter Biden was a board member, in April 2015." -- But, it's couched in terms of "the original reporting from the NYPost claimed..." that. No no. The original reporting of the NY Post REPORTED that the emails REVEALED that Hunter arranged that meeting. But the article wants to downplay it, so it becomes just some claim made by the NYPost in the original reporting, lol.

Then it gets better - Since the emails "suggest there was a conflict of interest where Joe Biden was involved or even profited from his son's foreign business dealings with Ukraine and China during his first stint in the White House," you'd think the reporting would be about that conflict of interest, right? Oh, no. Not this reporter - he says "the claims were used by the GOP" to suggest that. LOL. So, it's not about the conflict of interest anymore, it's about the "Republicans Pounce!" - they're taking advantage of this! That's dirty pool!

Way down deep in the article, the writers says "After originally dismissing the reports as potential misinformation and casting doubt on its authenticity, The Washington Post found that thousands of emails did come from the computer that Hunter Biden allegedly dropped off at a repair shop in Wilmington, Delaware in April 2019 and never picked up." - so where did this author get off leading in the article with "far right..." and "republicans jumping...." ?

Mr 5 minutes of Fame could have told whomever asked him that he is not an expert and has no comment or said "I don't care."

But he did respond, because he wants another 5 minutes of fame.

I'm sure Fox News will be running with this and having Mr Five Extra Minutes of Fame on every show providing his "expertise" on Hunter Biden and the laptop.

His 5 minutes of fame is extended by publications like Newsweek perpetuating it and people distributing the Newesweek article on forums, Twitter, etc.

Newsweek publishes an otherwise throw away comment by Kyle Rittenhouse, the OP reads it, distributes it, and Newsweek sees a Kyle Rittenhouse story drawing a lot of views, and Kyle Rittenhouse sees his increase in his name recognition and publicity...

This does two things: 1) It tells Newsweek that reporting on Kyle Rittenhouse is profitable.. so they do it more and 2) Tells Kyle Rittenhouse that the world cares about what he says... so he talks more.

It's a microcosm of what I'd call the Howard Stern effect.

Link

Oh Kyle

Your so wise

His 15 minutes have got to be up!! 🙄

Who wouldn't have had to have defended himself, had he stayed at home like he should have.
The same could be said for rioters and the guys that assaulted him. They oughta stood in bed themselves.

Who is "clinging" to Rittenhouse? I mean, the guy was acquitted and he was found to have acted in self-defense. Have you heard anything else about it?

And, one of the people he shot literally drew down on him. And, the other two chased him and assaulted him, and had threatened to kill him. This was an obvious case of self-defense, and even left-wing legal analysts have uniformly said the same thing.

one of the rioters showed up armed, with a handgun he was not legally allowed to carry at the time. Was "showing up armed to a protest" ok for him? https://apnews.com/article/wisconsi...-jacob-blake-620ad5801a29c986b658f6a74d3f9649

Back
Top Bottom