• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kyle Rittenhouse - The Truth in 11 Minutes

So you refuse to acknowledge fact? no big surprise there. Your emotions control your logic. Its fascinating really.

You have demanded judges give you what you want or you’re gonna be mad. Over and over. And over.

And? I'm not entitled to an opinion? I think I am.

You are entitled to be as passionate as you want to be, Alphie. Very passionate.

Keep in mind that Rittenhouse’s attorneys do not have to prove he acted in self defense, the prosecution has to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that he didn’t. That’s a high burden already and video showing him initially running away from conflict will make it tougher.

I've mostly stayed out of this debate but after viewing a new video that's been released, looks like Rittenhouse self-defended.

Sure, because he chased down a white nationalist mass shooter.

We live in a failed shithole, Alphie. Our degenerates are murdering each other in the streets.

If you live in a failed shithole, why don't you leave it?

If you live in a failed shithole, why don't you leave it?

Because real Americans like Ilhan Omar inspire me to want to stay here in our home and make it better. :)

Shame for him that he hired a utter bozos for lawyers.

He's going away forever.
We can hope that happens. Justice for those killed.

But Americans tend to hate white nationalist mass shooters.

We're also not crazy about people who accuse others of being white nationalists without a shred of evidence.

Maybe. You and others keep discounting the *fact* that he put himself in that situation.
So did the people he shot. No one asked them to riot in the streets. No one ordered those people to chase him down. No one forced one a few of them to to carry/shoot at him.

This is why you have no credibility. Compound it with the fact that you keep calling Rittenhouse a white nationalist without having shown a shred of evidence to that effect, and anyone who takes you seriously on this matter is a complete moron.

The video CLEARLY shows Rosenbaum chasing Rittenhouse. He does it for at least half a block. To deny this you have to be either stupid or a liar.

Keep in mind that Rittenhouse’s attorneys do not have to prove he acted in self defense, the prosecution has to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that he didn’t. That’s a high burden already and video showing him initially running away from conflict will make it tougher.
Running away after you murder someone is not running from conflict.

This is why you have no credibility. Compound it with the fact that you keep calling Rittenhouse a white nationalist without having shown a shred of evidence to that effect, and anyone who takes you seriously on this matter is a complete moron.

The video CLEARLY shows Rosenbaum chasing Rittenhouse. He does it for at least half a block. To deny this you have to be either stupid or a liar.

Im sorry that you stan a white nationalist mass shooter because your ideology is so anti-American you literally root on folks to shoot other Americans in our streets.

No snark. I am sincerely sorry. I hope you’re just doing a message board thing.

Running away after you murder someone is not running from conflict.

He was retreating first, that’s going to be hard to overcome. Don’t misunderstand me. I’m not one that thinks Rittenhouse is a hero, but neither is he a mass murderer. Everybody made bad decisions that day.

Im sorry that you stan a white nationalist mass shooter because your ideology is so anti-American you literally root on folks to shoot other Americans in our streets.

This from someone who stans Antifa. Lol.

I'm tempted to say every word in this sentence is a lie, but I honestly have no idea what it means to "stan" someone. Never heard that term before.

I'll also note that you didn't even attempt to support your earlier denial that Rosenbaum was chasing Rittenhouse. Also, you again repeated your "white nationalist" slur, again without providing evidence.

This is something people need to understand. Wisconsin has very good self defense laws. Even if they were attempting to make a "citizen's arrest" or to simply "disarm" him he has the right to defend himself if he feels his life is in danger, as it clearly was. The charges against him are ridiculous and purely political.

The fact that he's a high school dropout, that at some other time he hit a girl, or people's belief that he's a racist, etc.. has no bearing on whether or not he had the right to defend himself from a violent and angry mob. In every instance the person who was fired upon made the first move/attack on him first. There is clear video evidence of that in each case. Which means every murder charge is going to fail. Additionally, the illegal possession of a firearm is likely to fail as well.

If they were attempting to make an improper citizens arrest of an innocent bystander, then yes he has the right to self defense.

However, if he was in the process of committing, or had just committed, a crime, then he loses his right to self defense even if the people pursuing him were intent on doing him bodily harm. Any action he takes to defend himself in that scenario is added to his initial crime. If the prosecution can show that Rittenhouse committed or was in the process of committing a crime just before he was pursued by a mob intending to do him harm, then self-defense goes right out the window and he is guilty of murder.

Anyone have a dull butcher knife so I can slice the above irony?

However, if he was in the process of committing, or had just committed, a crime, then he loses his right to self defense even if the people pursuing him were intent on doing him bodily harm. Any action he takes to defend himself in that scenario is added to his initial crime. If the prosecution can show that Rittenhouse committed or was in the process of committing a crime just before he was pursued by a mob intending to do him harm, then self-defense goes right out the window and he is guilty of murder.
Even if they believed he had committed a crime, Rittenhouse is legally allowed to defend himself in Wisconsin. He's going to get off on all the murder charges. These are clear cases of self defense.

Back
Top Bottom