• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kyle Rittenhouse judge makes ‘racist’ joke about Asian food in court

The Wisconsin judge in Kyle Rittenhouse’s murder trial has been criticized for making a joke about Asian food in the courtroom that some denounced as racist.

I hope the Asian food isn’t coming … isn’t on one of those boats from Long Beach Harbor,” Kenosha County Circuit Court Judge Bruce Schroeder said Thursday as court was preparing to adjourn for lunch.

It was an apparent reference to the ongoing supply-chain backlog due to a number of ships waiting to enter California’s Long Beach Harbor port.

Schroeder’s words were slammed as racist by some online, who argued his off-color joke was placing blame on Asians for the large-scale supply-chain issues.
==================================================================
This overt racism could give the state grounds to try Rittenhouse on different charges, disqualifying an openly racist & white supremacist judge.
I dont think it would be grounds for disqualification but honestly its a courtroom full of clowns.

The Wisconsin judge in Kyle Rittenhouse’s murder trial has been criticized for making a joke about Asian food in the courtroom that some denounced as racist.

I hope the Asian food isn’t coming … isn’t on one of those boats from Long Beach Harbor,” Kenosha County Circuit Court Judge Bruce Schroeder said Thursday as court was preparing to adjourn for lunch.

It was an apparent reference to the ongoing supply-chain backlog due to a number of ships waiting to enter California’s Long Beach Harbor port.

Schroeder’s words were slammed as racist by some online, who argued his off-color joke was placing blame on Asians for the large-scale supply-chain issues.
==================================================================
This overt racism could give the state grounds to try Rittenhouse on different charges, disqualifying an openly racist & white supremacist judge.
Eh

People are too sensitive, get over it.

Oh, for goodness' sake.

I am sure that 99% of Asian Americans would NOT count that statement as "racist."

The only people who would are woke Dems who are looking for a way to prevent the defendant in that case from being acquitted.

REAL racism is the Asians being beaten up by young gentlemen on the streets & subway.
Yes there is a racism problem, one should turn within their own party and begin a self examination before offering advice across the aisle. Though i believe the post was just a partisan snipe and not real concern for examining Asian hate.

Yes there is a racism problem, one should turn within their own party and begin a self examination before offering advice across the aisle. Though i believe the post was just a partisan snipe and not real concern for examining Asian hate.
The most blatant example of systemic racism against Asians in America has to do with college admissions. But, the Biden administration put an end to the DOJ lawsuits to fix that problem as soon as he was sworn in.

:ROFLMAO:

Leftists will try any stunt to try to alter the results of this trial.

yes...I amagine Asians everywhere are apoplectic because the judge made a comment about the shit job Joe Bidens transportation secretary has done. Or the bullshit policies in California.

But...RACIST!!!!!

FM
Right wingers deny the presence of racism, even when blacks were being lynched.

Why do Right Wingers always bend over backwards to excuse racism?
Your team is keeping Asians out of college and jobs. When Ted Cruz offered an amendment to the anti-Asian hate bill banning colleges from discriminating against Asians every single democrat voted against it. Take the moralizing elsewhere

Right wingers deny the presence of racism, even when blacks were being lynched.
No blacks people have been lynched in my lifetime. And in any event more blacks are killed by other blacks every single year then were ever lynched in the history of the country

Back
Top Bottom