• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kyle Rittenhouse judge makes ‘racist’ joke about Asian food in court

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

The Wisconsin judge in Kyle Rittenhouse’s murder trial has been criticized for making a joke about Asian food in the courtroom that some denounced as racist.

I hope the Asian food isn’t coming … isn’t on one of those boats from Long Beach Harbor,” Kenosha County Circuit Court Judge Bruce Schroeder said Thursday as court was preparing to adjourn for lunch.

It was an apparent reference to the ongoing supply-chain backlog due to a number of ships waiting to enter California’s Long Beach Harbor port.

Schroeder’s words were slammed as racist by some online, who argued his off-color joke was placing blame on Asians for the large-scale supply-chain issues.
==================================================================
This overt racism could give the state grounds to try Rittenhouse on different charges, disqualifying an openly racist & white supremacist judge.

The Wisconsin judge in Kyle Rittenhouse’s murder trial has been criticized for making a joke about Asian food in the courtroom that some denounced as racist.

I hope the Asian food isn’t coming … isn’t on one of those boats from Long Beach Harbor,” Kenosha County Circuit Court Judge Bruce Schroeder said Thursday as court was preparing to adjourn for lunch.

It was an apparent reference to the ongoing supply-chain backlog due to a number of ships waiting to enter California’s Long Beach Harbor port.

Schroeder’s words were slammed as racist by some online, who argued his off-color joke was placing blame on Asians for the large-scale supply-chain issues.
This overt racism could give the state grounds to try Rittenhouse on different charges, disqualifying an openly racist & white supremacist judge.

I fail to see this as racist. It is really no joke that food is perishable and serving things beyond their sell (or use) by dates is unhealthy.

Oh, for goodness' sake.

I am sure that 99% of Asian Americans would NOT count that statement as "racist."

The only people who would are woke Dems who are looking for a way to prevent the defendant in that case from being acquitted.

REAL racism is the Asians being beaten up by young gentlemen on the streets & subway.

I'm sure we're all surprised.

Reality is racist to reclusive progressives living in their virtual fantasy reality.

Oh, for goodness' sake.

I am sure that 99% of Asian Americans would NOT count that statement as "racist."

The only people who would are woke Dems who are looking for a way to prevent the defendant in that case from being acquitted.

REAL racism is the Asians being beaten up by young gentlemen on the streets & subway.
Anytime I wish to gain perspective into the Asian community and its experience in american society, I always turn to some self-appointed euro spokesman for the community itself. It's all racist, get real. Where do you think your young gentlemen get their marching orders and approval?

The only mistake is he - like most - don't realize almost all our food comes from China. Even if grown here - plant or animal - nearly all is processed in China.

Reality is racist to reclusive progressives living in their virtual fantasy reality.
Reality is, american society is racist. Yes. We designed our reality to be such. I think we've made real progress here today. It's as if we as a society are ecstatic to provide CRT with real time examples, in support of, on a daily basis.

The only mistake is he - like most - don't realize almost all our food comes from China. Even if grown here - plant or animal - nearly all is processed in China.
Thank your capitalist "job creators".

Link?

Maybe riot supporters are trying to accuse the judge of being "racist" because (as I have just discovered) the reputed President of this country labeled that young man as a "White supremacist."

Dang!

After his long record of racist comments, he has the gall to call others a "White supremacist"?

Any other "President" would be impeached for what he has said.

I'm going to amend to "most" food and leave it at that. Grocery store shelves aren't starting become bare because ships carried by trains from the Central USA to the West and East Coast are being parked off the ports. You know where most the ships are from - and it's not the USA. Cargo around the 48 states isn't moved by massive cargo container ships. However, some are from elsewhere than China.

I'm going to be honest, pretty sure I've made jokes more racist than that.

That’s not true

So, they ordered Asian take out and he made a dumb joke about the supply chain issues and that’s racist?

I’m guessing my DoorDash app is racist also then because I can click on “Asian” as a type of food.

That doesn't seem quite as racist as capping the number of Asian students from colleges based on their race.

It was a dumb joke about the supply chain that is in the news. I'm supposed to believe that liberals are offended by that, but not by Joseph Rosenbaum, a multiple little boy rapist? Give me a break.

They are pissed because this judge did not allow clearly inadmissible questions and testimony that they prosecution was counting on as their Hail Mary pass to a possible conviction. Lose the game because your game sucks and then blame the referee. I guess they think "referees," such as facebook fact checkers and journalists are supposed to side with liberals no matter what.

That doesn't seem quite as racist as capping the number of Asian students from colleges based on their race.

It was a dumb joke about the supply chain that is in the news. I'm supposed to believe that liberals are offended by that, but not by Joseph Rosenbaum, a multiple little boy rapist? Give me a break.

They are pissed because this judge did not allow clearly inadmissible questions and testimony that they prosecution was counting on as their Hail Mary pass to a possible conviction. Lose the game because your game sucks and then blame the referee. I guess they think "referees," such as facebook fact checkers and journalists are supposed to side with liberals no matter what.

In reference to your signature about rape accusations and students staying home, you know the Trump administration's Dept of Ed took a dim of this.

Why do Right Wingers always bend over backwards to excuse racism?

:ROFLMAO:

Leftists will try any stunt to try to alter the results of this trial.

yes...I amagine Asians everywhere are apoplectic because the judge made a comment about the shit job Joe Bidens transportation secretary has done. Or the bullshit policies in California.

But...RACIST!!!!!

FM

In reference to your signature about rape accusations and students staying home, you know the Trump administration's Dept of Ed took a dim of this.
I don't know that. Tell me about it. Took a dim (view, I assume) of what? Keep in mind that you misquoted my sig, since it talks about rapes, not rape accusations.

I hope this isn't another example of misstating my position and then arguing against the misstatement instead of what I actually said.

What does this have to do with me?

Back
Top Bottom