• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kyle Rittenhouse, 17, charged with murder after two killed during Wisconsin protests

W_Heisenberg

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Kyle Rittenhouse, 17, charged with murder after two killed during Wisconsin protests

Prosecutors in Wisconsin have charged a 17-year-old with murder after two people were killed on Tuesday night during protests against Jacob Blake's shooting.

Kyle Rittenhouse, from Antioch, Illinois - 30 minutes drive from Kenosha, where Mr Blake was shot - was charged with first degree intentional homicide.

Lake County prosecutors described him as a "fugitive from justice", saying he had fled the scene.

Some reports on Wednesday however suggested he has been arrested.

Rittenhouse was caught on camera running from the scene and reportedly saying: "I just killed somebody."

Earlier in the evening a man identified on social media as Rittenhouse spoke to reporters in Kenosha and said he and other members of a militia had gathered by a petrol station to protect it from looting.

The man says he has been "pepper sprayed by a person in the crowd."

The interviewer says: "So you have non-lethals, but you just did not respond?"

He replies: "We don't have non-lethals."

The interviewer says: "So you guys are full-on ready to defend the property?"

"Yes we are," the man replies. "Now if I can ask, can you guys step back?"

They caught the thug. Good:

Kenosha gunman Kyle Rittenhouse arrested for murder after cops let him flee out of state – Raw Story

Very curious as to this punk's history.

“Petrol Staton” was the give a way. Also that the UK press posted a minor’s name.

In this climate, I would pick some other type of business to defend, given all the images of fire......

After tossing him a water and telling him they appreciated him

From Charles P. Pierce:

“Be wary of paramilitaries. When the men with guns who have always claimed to be against the system start wearing uniforms and marching around with torches and pictures of a Leader, the end is nigh. When the pro-leader paramilitary and the official police and military intermingle, the end has come.”

---The only good paramilitary is a dead one.

He was being chased by a gang of people who were shouting threats. Then they knocked him to the ground. He has the right to defend himself.

He was being chased by a gang of people who were shouting threats. Then they knocked him to the ground. He has the right to defend himself.

All he has to do is prove that, should he go for an affirmative defense.

All he has to do is prove that, should he go for an affirmative defense.

He had no business being there toting an AR15. Driving half an hour to defend a gas station? He and his militia buddies were just positioning themselves where the action was, on the edge of the protest. I don't blame the protesters for trying to chase them away. He's got no "affirmative defense" because he came to play unauthorized cop. Except the real cops aren't shooting anyone. Murder is a good call, imo.

He had no business being there toting an AR15. Driving half an hour to defend a gas station? He and his militia buddies were just positioning themselves where the action was, on the edge of the protest. I don't blame the protesters for trying to chase them away. He's got no "affirmative defense" because he came to play unauthorized cop. Except the real cops aren't shooting anyone. Murder is a good call, imo.

Yes, he has a bit of an uphill battle.

Sounds like the chasing happened after he shot. These peaceful protesters went after an armed murderer.

Protester Devin Scott told the Chicago Tribune that he witnessed one of the shootings.

"We were all chanting 'Black lives matter' at the gas station and then we heard, boom, boom, and I told my friend, 'That's not fireworks,'" said Scott, 19. "And then this guy with this huge gun runs by us in the middle of the street and people are yelling, 'He shot someone! He shot someone!' And everyone is trying to fight the guy, chasing him and then he started shooting again."

Wait...HE had no right being there, but OTHERS did?

Why....how American of you to think that way.....can you tell me WHY he had no right to be there, but others did?

Let the investigation and the courts sort it out.

Right. Nothing to see here. We'll just move along. It's no big deal a 17 year old with an AR shooting BLM protesters. This is America, right, where it's only news if the shooter gets more than six?

If he hadn't been arrested he could have been a speaker at the RNC.

After all the only qualification the McCloskys had was they pointed guns at blank people.

This kid went out looking to shoot someone.

Sounds like the chasing happened after he shot. These peaceful protesters went after an armed murderer.

I think that the little screwhead thought everyone would run away from his manly gun.

Right. Nothing to see here. We'll just move along. It's no big deal a 17 year old with an AR shooting BLM protesters. This is America, right, where it's only news if the shooter gets more than six?

I should have been more clear. From news coverage the 17 is a suspect. Law enforcement has made an arrest.
Doesn't the 17 year old deserve his day in court? Or would you rather we hold the trial on social media?

How many times over the years that videos released out on social media or news story have been wrong after all the facts came out.
Just look at some of the police shooting. Some of the vids are pretty damning, but they do not tell the complete story.

Wait...HE had no right being there, but OTHERS did?

Why....how American of you to think that way.....can you tell me WHY he had no right to be there, but others did?

Who is talking about rights? I said he had no BUSINESS being there, and he didn't. If you want to try and justify this via the Constitution, good luck, but you'll need to play that game with someone else. I'm not a Constitutional lawyer, and I'm guessing you aren't either.

if he hadn't been arrested he could have been a speaker at the rnc.

After all the only qualification the mccloskys had was they pointed guns at blank people.

This kid went out looking to shoot someone.

they spoke at the rnc convention? Omg.

Well for starters, I dont think it would be legal for a 17 yr old to be carrying (open or concealed). Dont know all the states' laws on that but under 18 would be unusual.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Who is talking about rights? I said he had no BUSINESS being there, and he didn't. If you want to try and justify this via the Constitution, good luck, but you'll need to play that game with someone else. I'm not a Constitutional lawyer, and I'm guessing you aren't either.

Business/right...it amounts to the same thing,

You are perfectly fine with protestors being there, but someone who opposes the protests, you say has no business there...that's just...amazing.

I should have been more clear. From news coverage the 17 is a suspect. Law enforcement has made an arrest.
Doesn't the 17 year old deserve his day in court? Or would you rather we hold the trial on social media?

How many times over the years that videos released out on social media or news story have been wrong after all the facts came out.
Just look at some of the police shooting. Some of the vids are pretty damning, but they do not tell the complete story.

True enough. One article I read said there were other gunshots, meaning more than one person was shooting--time for some simple ballistics. They've got the gun and they dug the bullets out of the victims, so I'll waIt to see if they were all his kills. But to find a way to ever make this alright? Never.

Kenosha Suspect Kyle Rittenhouse Was Front Row At Trump Rally

The law enforcement–obsessed 17-year-old who was charged with shooting and killing two people and injuring another in Kenosha, Wisconsin, during protests for Jacob Blake appeared in the front row at a Donald Trump rally in January.

Kyle Howard Rittenhouse’s social media presence is filled with him posing with weapons, posting “Blue Lives Matter,” and supporting Trump for president. Footage from the Des Moines, Iowa, rally on Jan. 30 shows Rittenhouse feet away from the president, in the front row, to the left of the podium. He posted a TikTok video from the event.

Seven months later, Rittenhouse went with his rifle to the third night of Black Lives Matter protests in Kenosha after police shot Blake, a Black man who is now paralyzed as a result, according to his family. Rittenhouse attended as an armed vigilante, supposedly assisting police and protecting property in an unofficial capacity but instead he prowled the protest with a gun. Videos captured him fraternizing with law enforcement and attempting to get their attention.

rally.jpg

trumpsupporter.jpg

Rittenhouse will probably get a guest speaker spot at RNC tonight.

Back
Top Bottom