• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kyev seems about to be captured

You were saying? Is Kyev still about to "fall"? --

Five weeks after Russian troops hurtled into the country in the hope of swiftly seizing the capital, installing a friendly government and subjugating Ukraine, the Russian military appears to be shrinking its goals to prioritize the east, redeploying forces that had been destined for the Kyiv region and attempting to organize reinforcements to compensate for the thousands of troops that have been killed.

Russia is continuing to encircle Kiev. Once completely cut off, Kiev cannot be reenforced. Kiev is a slow burn and the east is falling fast. I am concerned about the loss of life in Ukraine. I am concerned about what is going to be left after the government falls. I am tired of all of the propaganda.

Russia is continuing to encircle Kiev. Once completely cut off, Kiev cannot be reenforced. Kiev is a slow burn and the east is falling fast. I am concerned about the loss of life in Ukraine. I am concerned about what is going to be left after the government falls. I am tired of all of the propaganda.
Maybe Russia is leaving some troops dug in around Kyiv to keep Ukranian troops tied up there instead of going east to where the worst is going to happen.

Funny you say that, when you're the one spreading it.

Kiev is not about to fall, as the article that I posted earlier today states. Russian forces are withdrawing from the area.

Funny you say that, when you're the one spreading it.

Kiev is not about to fall, as the article that I posted earlier today states. Russian forces are withdrawing from the area.
I did not say Kiev is about to fall. I said it was being encircled and that it was going to be a slow burn. All of this "Ukraine is winning the war" and "Russia is retreating" is propaganda.

Maybe Russia is leaving some troops dug in around Kyiv to keep Ukranian troops tied up there instead of going east to where the worst is going to happen.
Unfortunately, you are probably correct.

I did not say Kiev is about to fall. I said it was being encircled and that it was going to be a slow burn. All of this "Ukraine is winning the war" and "Russia is retreating" is propaganda.
Which is also wrong. Kiev is not being encircled. Russian troops are withdrawing to the north.

LOL The Russians have been forced out of all the towns around Kyiv and Russian forces are withdrawing to Belarus. Putin has given up taking Kyiv outright and is planning on a May "victory" in the east and south. You need to keep up if you are going to post.

Tanks and bodies mark path of Russian retreat near Kyiv

DMYTRIVKA, Ukraine, April 1 (Reuters) - Ukraine recaptured more territory around Kyiv from Russian soldiers who left shattered villages and their own abandoned tanks as they moved away from the capital, while a disputed cross-border strike in Russia complicated peace talks on Friday.

https://www.reuters.com/world/russi...spite-putins-deadline-pay-roubles-2022-04-01/

The only thing Kiev is encircled by is destroyed husks of Russian armored vehicles.

One thing is for sure. This war is a very terrible thing. I wish it could be ended somehow.
A gun and 1 bullet in whatever room Putzin is in would do that.

One thing is for sure. This war is a very terrible thing. I wish it could be ended somehow.
There are two ways - Putin could end it or he can be defeated.

I'm very glad this did not go the way it looked likely to. Kyev seems largely safe now.

There are two ways - Putin could end it or he can be defeated.
Or Putin could win it. But the reality of all three of these outcomes, the violent conflict will continue. If Putin wins the guerilla resistance will continue. If Ukraine forces Russia out, the Russian ancestry Ukrainians will be percecuted. Same thing if Putin simply decided to withdraw completely. This last options is not really a thing that will happen. Putin at a minimum, will take the Donbas.

Or Putin could win it. But the reality of all three of these outcomes, the violent conflict will continue. If Putin wins the guerilla resistance will continue. If Ukraine forces Russia out, the Russian ancestry Ukrainians will be percecuted. Same thing if Putin simply decided to withdraw completely. This last options is not really a thing that will happen. Putin at a minimum, will take the Donbas.
No, Ukraine is going to fight. Putin cannot 'win it'. I'm not convinced about this claim about persecution of Russian Ukrainians. Tensions, yes, war, not so clear.

Back
Top Bottom