• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kwanzaa...the facts behind the fraudulent "holiday"

So I guess Thanksgiving is right out, huh? Plus Columbus Day, Presidents Day, Veteran's Day, MLK Day... oh, and Halloween.

Kwaanza is a question of power. No white politician alive, nor anyone in the MSM has the nerve to state what the rest of the country already laughs about. So every year, because of cowardice, the nation has to pretend that Kwaanza is a BIG deal. You must lower your voice when you mention it. Kind of like Juneteenth.

Another example is that to be really, amazingly, incredibly super cool in the liberal elitist universities, you have to pretend that you're really angry that convicted white cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal was ever convicted and went to prison. Those in lower degrees of coolness will then follow your example without knowing anything further except they should pretend to be angry also.

Last edited:
Kwaanza is a question of power. No white politician alive, nor anyone in the MSM has the nerve to state what the rest of the country already laughs about. So every year, because of cowardice, the nation has to pretend that Kwaanza is a BIG deal. You must lower your voice when you mention it. Kind of like Juneteenth.

Another example is that to be really, amazingly, incredibly super cool in the liberal elitist universities, you have to pretend that you're really angry that convicted white cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal was ever convicted and went to prison. Those in lower degrees of coolness will then follow your example without knowing anything further except they should pretend to be angry also.

Do you actually know anyone who celebrates Kwanzaa? I don't. And I generally know a lot of people. And what's your beef with Juneteenth?

Do you actually know anyone who celebrates Kwanzaa? I don't. And I generally know a lot of people. And what's your beef with Juneteenth?

No, I don't know anyone besides politicans, the MSM and specific local churches that celebrate Kwaanza. That's what I said.

No, I don't know anyone besides politicans, the MSM and specific local churches that celebrate Kwaanza. That's what I said.

Then why do you care? Some whackadoodle came up with his own holiday, and almost nobody follows it. And what's your beef with Juneteenth?

Legitimacy is in the eye of the beholder. What makes Christmas any more or less legitimate than Kwanzaa?

The same thing that separates Christianity and Scientology, one is so recent, so well documented, and so palpably artificial and untrue (among other things) that it beggars a particularly cold and skeptical look. Not that Christianity is any more valid in terms of what it professes to be true. But its fair to separate them I think.

Moderator's Warning:
Thread moved to appropriate topic

Didn't the calendar change, since many month's names are based on numeric value yet no longer align to those numbers. E.g. Sept = 7, Oct = 8, Nov = 9 and Dec = 10, but July and August were named for Julius and Augustus Caesar, and got the prime weather months shoving the rest forward into fall/winter.

In the Julian Calendar there are only 10 months. When the Gregorian Calendar was made it changed (correctly) to 12 months of equal (sorta) length. It has always been thought that the originators of the Gregorian calendar forgot to put back the 8 months it took to create it but that is a myth.

I definitely agree with the bold statement. However, we know God does give credence to worship.

Personally I think this is debatable. Like Speck said its How you conduct yourself not how or that you worship. If you live a good and moral life and never worship one day its still all good.

So I guess Thanksgiving is right out, huh? Plus Columbus Day, Presidents Day, Veteran's Day, MLK Day... oh, and Halloween.

the only legtimate caucasion holiday is Mother Nerthus celebration dec 21-25.

I've never thought it was legitimate as celebrated by Black Americans. Many black Americans are so far removed from their strong and independent ancestors as to be a mockery of them -- certainly not a celebration.

What she said. Some African historians have mentioned several 'holidays" celebrted by different tribes but because of the melding of tribes in the USA there is no way for an African American to know which one is theirs.

In the Julian Calendar there are only 10 months. When the Gregorian Calendar was made it changed (correctly) to 12 months of equal (sorta) length. It has always been thought that the originators of the Gregorian calendar forgot to put back the 8 months it took to create it but that is a myth.

I've always thought a calendar with 13 months of 28 days each, with a leap day every year and two leap days every 4 years would be much better (and simpler). That way every month the date's number and the day of the week would be the same, with the leap days being simply party or holiday "extras", that did not belong to any day of the week (or month), only the year (first day, or days) would be easier, no need for a calendar at all, except maybe to keep notes on. People born on "party day(s)" would have no birth month though. ;)

What she said. Some African historians have mentioned several 'holidays" celebrted by different tribes but because of the melding of tribes in the USA there is no way for an African American to know which one is theirs.
I agree that a lot of black Americans of African ancestry don't know the entirety of their history, but her snide remark about them being removed from their "strong and independent" ancestors to the point where they are a "mockery" of them was as laughable as it was despicable. It's disappointing that you would support "what she said."

I've never thought it was legitimate as celebrated by Black Americans. Many black Americans are so far removed from their strong and independent ancestors as to be a mockery of them -- certainly not a celebration.
Congratulations on that prejudice nearing racism. Tell us the one about how blacks are "brainwashed" again.

Congratulations on that prejudice nearing racism. Tell us the one about how blacks are "brainwashed" again.

Oh, I'm so surprised you held yourself in check. Congratulations right back.

I agree that a lot of black Americans of African ancestry don't know the entirety of their history, but her snide remark about them being removed from their "strong and independent" ancestors to the point where they are a "mockery" of them was as laughable as it was despicable. It's disappointing that you would support "what she said."

I think you took it too literally. Their ancestors had strong family ties and independant tribes which allowed for a strong sense of cohesion. When they came to this country by force they lostt that. Being a professional genealogist, I completely understand that concept. Only for the slaves it wass in spades.

In my family the credo is "you cannot know who you are unless you know where and who you come from". That i believe is Maggies point and as such she was spot on.

It doesn't matter when Jesus was born. Do you really think God cares if we celebrate at the same exact moment that we pass a specific point in space? The point is to celebrate, renew our faith and give thanks for our forgiveness. The exact day is meaningless.

So God is totally fine, that you celebrate the jesus on a pagan holidy, doing pagen rituals .... ??? Really?

Not really. You should read the article. This guy made stuff up and claimed it to be african, but when put to the microscope; he used the wrong language, the wrong vegetable, the wrong translation...nothing had any real origins. Unlike Christmas that has an origin in multiple religious texts as well as actual events (even if the date is misplaced). Or hanukkah for that matter.

Christmas has the wrong date, rituals that have nothing to do with the birth Of Jesus, with a guy (st Nick) who is based on pagen traditions .... there is nothing christian about it.

Legitimacy is in the eye of the beholder. What makes Christmas any more or less legitimate than Kwanzaa?

Tradition. Give it a thousand years and Kwanzaa will have the legitimacy Christmas does, but until then it's open to criticism.

So God is totally fine, that you celebrate the jesus on a pagan holidy, doing pagen rituals .... ??? Really?

Sure, why wouldn't he be? What is the point of celebrating Christmas? To celebrate the birth of Jesus. God isn't worried about accuracy, but devotion. Getting the day wrong isn't important in comparison to the intent.

Christmas has the wrong date, rituals that have nothing to do with the birth Of Jesus, with a guy (st Nick) who is based on pagen traditions .... there is nothing christian about it.

No one cares whether the date is right or wrong. That is the least important reason for the celebration. Rituals like midnight mass? Gathering with family? Exchanging gifts (like the wise men)?

You are so caught up in what is done, you seem to think that the why is unimportant. It really doesn't matter how you honor God and remember Jesus, just that you do.

Didn't the calendar change, since many month's names are based on numeric value yet no longer align to those numbers. E.g. Sept = 7, Oct = 8, Nov = 9 and Dec = 10, but July and August were named for Julius and Augustus Caesar, and got the prime weather months shoving the rest forward into fall/winter.

Christmas was really a Pagan holiday and from what I have read Jesus was born in February.

Christmas was really a Pagan holiday and from what I have read Jesus was born in February.

Christmas is the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year. As agriculturalists, such has been noted/marked/celebrated since the ag revolution 15k years ago - before any known official religion.

Christmas was placed at such a time to garner converts.

Back
Top Bottom