• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kwanzaa...the facts behind the fraudulent "holiday"

ksu_aviator

Democrats are the fascists
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Mark Williams, Talk Show Host / Author / Public Speaker » A voice reporting from Occupied America

This is a wonderful article about how illegitimate this "holiday" is.

In 1966 Karenga created a pseudo-spiritual ritual to go with his cult; he called it “Kwanzaa.” Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson (a black author and civil rights activist who works to educate American blacks about their own history) terms Kwanzaa the “black anti-Christmas,” and says that is why the “celebration” takes place December 26 – January 1.The word “Kwanzaa” is a made up word that Karenga attributes to the Swahili phrase “matunda yakwanza.” The only problem with Karenga’s attribution is that the actual English translation of that phrase is “first fruit” and the phrase refers to harvest time and a celebration of a successful growing season. No known culture on Earth celebrates a harvest ritual of any kind in the dead of winter. What’s more,Africa has always been and remains a starkly divided land of individual tribes, each with their own ritual calendars and few of which share more in common than skin color and hatred for the other tribes.Political correctness and media ignorance have also thus far managed to omit from the record that for the ancestors of American blacks Swahili (and any rituals that go with it) would be as foreign as the Dutch spoken by the slave traders who brought them here. Swahili is an East African language, most black slaves brought to America came from a continent away (West Africa), and the only thing they have in common with other Africans is skin color. Same difference if you walked into downtown Beijing and started spouting off in Japanese, or plopped a white American in the Ukraine to ask directions in English… absolutely no connection.Incidentally, Karenga makes no effort to hide his fakery. In 1978 he told the Washington Post that: “People think it’s[Kwanzaa] African, but it’s not. I came up with Kwanzaa because black people in this country wouldn’t celebrate it if they knew it was American.”In a cruel joke, Kwanzaa cons American blacks into celebrating their ancestors’ enslavement with bits and pieces of stolen culture from the Old and New Worlds to go along with its fictional African setting. For instance, the Kwanzaa day of “muhindi” is when ears of corn are set aside to signify “children and the future.” Corn was first cultivated by Mexican Indians and carried around the world (including to Africa) by the Conquistadors and other white conquerors, explorers and even the slave traders. There was no corn inAfrica before Africans became that land’s largest export.Today thousands of American blacks not only unwittingly rejoice annually in the enslavement of their ancestors, and the descendants of the global, white, economic power structure that enslaved their ancestors has discovered that Kwanzaa is a potentially lucrative event and are rapidly commercializing the holiday. The media go along by trading advertising money for suppressing the violent beginnings of yet another attempt at cultural eugenics aimed toward blacks. Thus, Kwanzaa takes American blacks full circle from being slaves to the plantation owner, to slaves to Visa and MasterCard while bastardizing their own heritage and history.

Makes me wonder if pagans celebrating Saturnalia happened to think similarly of Christmas. Hummph, history is bound to repeat itself.

Legitimacy is in the eye of the beholder. What makes Christmas any more or less legitimate than Kwanzaa?

Last time I checked, the legitimacy of the holiday is not decided by whether or not it is celebrated under a deity.

Christmas isn't celebrated under a deity. It is celebrated with THE deity.

Christmas isn't celebrated under a deity. It is celebrated with THE deity.

And "celebration with the deity" is not not the only criteria for a legitimate holiday.

You can't be serious. Christmas was a holiday created by men (namely the early Western churches), for men. Hell, by most historical calculations Jesus wasn't even born in the winter.

It doesn't matter when Jesus was born. Do you really think God cares if we celebrate at the same exact moment that we pass a specific point in space? The point is to celebrate, renew our faith and give thanks for our forgiveness. The exact day is meaningless.

And "celebration with the deity" is not not the only criteria for a legitimate holiday.

Well, sure you can make up any holiday you want, but if you ask which holiday is more legit, the holiday of the creator and the holiday of some guy...

God might not care if we celebrate any holiday for any reason. I would hope he'd be more interested in how you conduct yourself every day.

It doesn't matter when Jesus was born. Do you really think God cares if we celebrate at the same exact moment that we pass a specific point in space? The point is to celebrate, renew our faith and give thanks for our forgiveness. The exact day is meaningless.

You can't be serious. Christmas was a holiday created by men (namely the early Western churches), for men. Hell, by most historical calculations Jesus wasn't even born in the winter.

Didn't the calendar change, since many month's names are based on numeric value yet no longer align to those numbers. E.g. Sept = 7, Oct = 8, Nov = 9 and Dec = 10, but July and August were named for Julius and Augustus Caesar, and got the prime weather months shoving the rest forward into fall/winter.

God might not care if we celebrate any holiday for any reason. I would hope he'd be more interested in how you conduct yourself every day.

I definitely agree with the bold statement. However, we know God does give credence to worship.

As SB said, "legitimacy" is in the eye of the beholder. You could easily determine that Christmas, Hanukkah and every other holiday is "illegitimate" as well. This article just sounds like someone who found an opportunity to crap on something that is alien to them.

I will say that I don't know a single person who celebrates the holiday. I suspect that's because it has modern origins that families aren't deeply connected to.

For the record, the authenticity of one of the main "quotes" attributed to the "founder" of Kwanzaa is contested. ("People think it’s[Kwanzaa] African, but it’s not. I came up with Kwanzaa because black people in this country wouldn't celebrate it if they knew it was American.")

Didn't the calendar change, since many month's names are based on numeric value yet no longer align to those numbers. E.g. Sept = 7, Oct = 8, Nov = 9 and Dec = 10, but July and August were named for Julius and Augustus Caesar, and got the prime weather months shoving the rest forward into winter.

I think you're referring to differences between the Roman calendar vs. more modern Julian and Gregorian calendars. But even taking those differences into account, there is no real evidence to suggest that Christ was born on December 25. Like you mentioned that date was more likely adapted from existing pagan traditions at the time like Saturnalia.

http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/was-jesus-born-on-december-25-faq.htm

Well, sure you can make up any holiday you want, but if you ask which holiday is more legit, the holiday of the creator and the holiday of some guy...

Believe or not, Christmas had to be made as holiday, there was a first Christmas. The logic you use can be transferred 2000 years ago to the Pagans or Jewish people who saw Christianity and its holiday as upstart as illegitimate.

The shoe fits both feet.

Can I make a holiday celebrating Shark Jesus and that will be legitimate because it's celebrating the Shark Lord? I declare December 25th to be Sharkmas.

Last edited:
Believe or not, Christmas had to be made as holiday, there was a first Christmas. The logic you use can be transferred 2000 years ago to the Pagans or Jewish people who saw Christianity and its holiday as upstart as illegitimate.

The shoe fits both feet.

Not really. You should read the article. This guy made stuff up and claimed it to be african, but when put to the microscope; he used the wrong language, the wrong vegetable, the wrong translation...nothing had any real origins. Unlike Christmas that has an origin in multiple religious texts as well as actual events (even if the date is misplaced). Or hanukkah for that matter.

We shall celebrate our great Shark Lord and accept the teachings of the great Shark Jesus with his ability to walk on land and turn wine into water.

You missed the point. The very fact that the holiday isn't even celebrated on Christ's birthday (at least according to the evidence) points to its origins being artificial rather than divinely inspired.

Not really. You should read the article. This guy made stuff up and claimed it to be african, but when put to the microscope; he used the wrong language, the wrong vegetable, the wrong translation...nothing had any real origins. Unlike Christmas that has an origin in multiple religious texts as well as actual events (even if the date is misplaced). Or hanukkah for that matter.

Does that mean I can create the Holy Shark Bible?

Are you God?

God never created the bible, it's how people interpreted it. The Qur'an is the only religious text that can be taken as the literal word of god. Who is to say that I am not merely spreading the teachings of Shark Jesus?

Back
Top Bottom