• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kuwait Proposes Test to 'Detect' Gays, Ban their Entry.....

Saudi is coming along peacefully. No "death to America" or "death to Israel". No state sponsored terrorism (Hamas, Hez, Assad). No pursuit of nukes. No violations of UNSCRs. While progress is slow, too slow even, Saudi cannot be compared to the Iranian regime.

And you thinks all is fine in the Kingdom

Saudi king boosts economic benefits to citizens - Washington Times

It's no secret the Saudi regime has been pumping billions into benefits for citizens etc. Add to that a brutal police apparatus, what do you expect?

Paul

Apart from 9/11, I guess.

While I disagree with his general characterization, the 9/11 hijackers were not sponsored nor supported by the Saudi state.

Saudi is coming along peacefully. No "death to America" or "death to Israel". No state sponsored terrorism (Hamas, Hez, Assad). No pursuit of nukes. No violations of UNSCRs. While progress is slow, too slow even, Saudi cannot be compared to the Iranian regime.

Saudi Arabia's a parasitic theocracy, just like Iran. Both can be reasonably blamed in some way, shape, or form for all of our problems in the ME today. We should turn to the new democracies - Iraq and, with luck, Syria - as oil producers and strategic allies, to challenge the duopoly of these tyrannical regimes.

Saudi Arabia's a parasitic theocracy, just like Iran. Both can be reasonably blamed in some way, shape, or form for all of our problems in the ME today. We should turn to the new democracies - Iraq and, with luck, Syria - as oil producers and strategic allies, to challenge the duopoly of these tyrannical regimes.

The Iranian regime:

1. World's largest supporter of international terrorism.
2. Constant violation of UN resolutions in regard to nukes.
3. Shares missile tech with North Korea.
4. "Death to America and Israel" is a standard chant at any celebration and in parliament.

Saudi regime:

1. Fights terrorists through shared intel and operations.
2. No major UN violations, none even proposed to the SC by anyone.
3. Shares no tech, US gear.
4. Does not propagandize against the West.

Pretending these two countries are the same, on any geopolitical level, let alone basic philosophy, is ridiculous. It's similar to an ignorant child claiming "but they did it" without context. Debate wise, such an argument is hardly worth addressing and best made fun of. If the other person really has no idea what the obvious differences are, no debate could change their view. If they realize the differences, it's a troll.

Back
Top Bottom