• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kuwait Proposes Test to 'Detect' Gays, Ban their Entry.....

There are plenty of gay businessmen and transit tourists of all stripes and backgrounds. The GCC is a fairly large node for that.

I'm not sure what you mean by "transit tourists" - perhaps people just passing through?

As for business travel, I'm not sure that being openly gay is a successful business trait.

That said, I think any country interested in improving international business and other relationships is blindly ignorant if their focus is on such attempts.

I'm not sure what you mean by "transit tourists" - perhaps people just passing through?

As for business travel, I'm not sure that being openly gay is a successful business trait.

That said, I think any country interested in improving international business and other relationships is blindly ignorant if their focus is on such attempts.

Well you don't have to be openly gay to be subject to this 'inspection and test'. Though in most of the Gulf States you usually don't have to worry too much if you are a Westerner and you appear to be gay as long as you don't rock the boat. As for transit tourists I meant people en route to India or further east who will stay for a few days in Dubai, the Emirates, etc before passing on.

Why is the test only being developed for foreigners? Shouldn't we test king and his family? What's more important, keeping the gays out of tourist locations or out of public office? I question the priorities of this endeavor. Are we really trying to catch gays? Oh... these countries don't have any, that's right. Still, wouldn't some people in power be like 'wait a minute, we're gonna do what how?'

There will be questionnaires (according to country) about TV, movies, music, fashion... Too much pansy and you're banned.

I'm sorry sir, but you know virtually nothing about any sport. We err on the safe side, have a nice flight home.

The plan of developing a test for gays is pretty hysterical.

Well, if the ME had the ability to lead the way in any branch of scientific development, I'm sure bigotry would be it

Well, if the ME had the ability to lead the way in any branch of scientific development, I'm sure bigotry would be it

As soon as they discovered your colorful-assed ape avatar, you'd be banned.

All kinds of nasty stuff occurs in Africa on level with what saw in iraq, or even worse. But it never gains the type of international attention, or generates the level of political concern we see in regards to the ME. So I can't help but to think that oil is influencing this to some large degree.

medical tests could be introduced to detect such individuals.

Like what? Show them boobs and measure their pulse rate? How can you tell whether they are aroused or scared? And what if they are bisexual?

Gulf Arab state plans stricter measures to "help us detect gays who will be then barred from entering Gulf countries."

307422.jpg

Kuwait City Skyline.

Gulf countries could seek to bar entry to all homosexual tourists and expats, a senior Kuwaiti government official claimed, adding that medical tests could be introduced to detect such individuals. He claimed that the measure could also be introduced in all Gulf Cooperation Countries (GCC) which includes Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, all of which deem homosexual acts unlawful already.

Health centers conduct the routine medical check to assess the health of the expatriates when they come into the GCC countries,” Mindkar was quoted as saying by Al Rai. “However, we will take stricter measures that will help us detect gays who will be then barred from entering Kuwait or any of the GCC member states.”

Last month, the government of Oman sued the editor of a weekly tabloid and suspended it from publication after it ran a story about gays in the Gulf Arab state. The article was deemed to be sympathetic to homosexuals, according to BBC news.

According to the Daily Mail Online, at least 78 countries deem homosexuality illegal, with five countries issuing the death penalty to gay people – Iran, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Yemen and Mauritania.....snip~

Kuwait Proposes Test to 'Detect' Gays - Middle East - News - Israel National News

Well, well, well......this ought to make all those into the LGBT wake up and take notice.....huh? So how you Neo Cons and oh you Neo Libs with the blinders on, feeling now? This comes from the Sunni Arabs and those that follow that Doctrine. Despite their words to the US and the UN.

Bahrain is home to the US 5th Fleet.....do you think that we, the US will be able to do anything about this? Other than voice our displeasure. How do you think this will affect US Military Operations and for State Dept personnel that have to be assigned to these countries? Now you think about those Left leaning State Dept Democrats that are gay and are all about PC.....do you think that our SOS will muster up and make it known.....That we will not accept this.

Then if the Sunni Arabs can and will test people to say they are GAY.....showing No tolerance. That we take the stance of NO TOLERANCE with them. Should we not come back and tell all of them. Tell them, If you do not stop the conflict in any your Countries and the surrounding region. We will send each and every one of you for Medical testing.....as we know there is a gene inside you that causes you to react without thinking. So we will remove your problem.....and you will never become violent ever again. As we will medicate each and every one of your asses on Thorazine and Prozac even if it means doing so for your next 3 generations. Do you think the Sunni Arabs and Muslims will then wake up to the reality of that which can be done to them on this planet.....anytime and with anything we choose to do so.

Do you think just us making a public statement of saying we condemn this will do or change anything? Where rre all those damn so called moderate arabs now? Notice all those that say the extremists are hijacking their religion. Yet say nothing about the damn Governments that are in charge of these Countries. Who ally with the West with only the intention of stabbing those from the West in the back and using the West for their own deluded schemes.

Do all the libs and Progessives want to go and protest? Do you think using social media will do any good? When these governments can shut them off any time they choose to do so.

Wasn't the left crying about Putin and Russia with their treatment of Gays and the LGBT community? Got anything to say to the Sunni Arabs or do the Sunni have you scared to speak out? They make ya a little bit nervous when they go violent.....huh?
l think the gulf crisis never provided enough democracy for them

:lol:

All kinds of nasty stuff occurs in Africa on level with what saw in iraq, or even worse. But it never gains the type of international attention, or generates the level of political concern we see in regards to the ME. So I can't help but to think that oil is influencing this to some large degree.

A country needs infrastructure and resources to assist in nation building or the West goes broke in vain. Thus, countries with such are prioritized. In addition to this, one must consider things like genocide and UN violations. Oil was a factor, because the West cannot pay for all of a nation build - not because the West was desperate for Iraq to produce oil.

They aren't testing women, right?

A country needs infrastructure and resources to assist in nation building or the West goes broke in vain. Thus, countries with such are prioritized. In addition to this, one must consider things like genocide and UN violations. Oil was a factor, because the West cannot pay for all of a nation build - not because the West was desperate for Iraq to produce oil.

how would that account for central Africa, though? Also, I'm not saying we invaded to take control of Iraq's oil resources. But our general high interest in the region and seemingly high tolerance for political organizations like the House of Saud is based on the amount of oil in the region.

how would that account for central Africa, though? Also, I'm not saying we invaded to take control of Iraq's oil resources. But our general high interest in the region and seemingly high tolerance for political organizations like the House of Saud is based on the amount of oil in the region.

Infrastructure and resources. Saudi is coming along peacefully, though too slowly.

Infrastructure and resources. Saudi is coming along peacefully, though too slowly.

people's heads are cut off for swearing at god

they are very peaceable

Infrastructure and resources.

Doesn't the Congo have vast amounts of valuable natural resources, and it's not like we didn't take a larger interest in the region when Mobutu was in power, due to anti-communist strategies and interests.

Surely you don't think it was pure coincidence his favor in the west and our interest in the region both faded in conjunction with the collapse of the soviet union?

For the life of me I cannot figure out what the test will be?

Maybe a quiz testing your knowledge of Broadway musicals.
'Sex in the City' triva questions, perhaps?

Return flights from one of these ports could become a dating scene. There'd be an airline dedicated to flights out of these places.

You'd rather go home than die? Fly homo-air.

Well, honey, my business in the ME is cancelled and I've some bad news.

Lessee, GHW Bush sends troops to help his "friends" in Kuwait to expell Iraq forces, then many years later serves as a witness to a same sex wedding.
Now his friends are going to openly discriminate against gays. hahahahaha
Because you always have 100% controle of what your friends do.

Because you always have 100% controle of what your friends do.

And as if allowing Saddam to annex Kuwait was reasonable.

I prefer the term geolib. I figure Saudi will develop (socially even) peacefully. The Iranian regime should be toppled.

Why do you have more faith in the development of Saudi Arabia than Iran? I'd even argue that in some regards Saudi Arabia is worse than Iran.

Why do you have more faith in the development of Saudi Arabia than Iran? I'd even argue that in some regards Saudi Arabia is worse than Iran.

Saudi is coming along peacefully. No "death to America" or "death to Israel". No state sponsored terrorism (Hamas, Hez, Assad). No pursuit of nukes. No violations of UNSCRs. While progress is slow, too slow even, Saudi cannot be compared to the Iranian regime.

Wasn't the left crying about Putin and Russia with their treatment of Gays and the LGBT community? Got anything to say to the Sunni Arabs or do the Sunni have you scared to speak out? They make ya a little bit nervous when they go violent.....huh?

I've been campaigning for an end to arms exports in this region since i was 16, the overwhelming majority of those i worked with were Joan Baez listening guardian reading, CND types, and naturally the LGBT community for disproportionately represented as it always is in such contexts. On the contrary Bush junior raised military aid to the Gulf States to unprecedented levels. Neocons only seem interested in these issues if they can be used as a reason to blow something up.

Last edited:
Saudi is coming along peacefully. No "death to America" or "death to Israel". No state sponsored terrorism (Hamas, Hez, Assad). No pursuit of nukes. No violations of UNSCRs. While progress is slow, too slow even, Saudi cannot be compared to the Iranian regime.

but the society and culture itself seems much more rigid and prone to both fundamentalism and extremism

Back
Top Bottom