• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kurdistan deserves an amicable divorce from Baghdad

why do you believe that ? your president told you to believe ?if you look at my signature you may not need to accuse me of unbelievable things

Why would the west want to divide Turkey?

why do you believe that ? your president told you to believe ?if you look at my signature you may not need to accuse me of unbelievable things
Where is this proof that the "west wants to divide Turkey"?
Especially since:
"According to our research engine:
The U.S. Government gave a total of $25,234,639 to Turkey in 2012:

The aid was broken down in the following manner:
Economic
Department of Defense Security Assistance: $1,324,000
Development Assistance: $133,731
Migration and Refugee Assistance: $15,671,682
Nonproliferation, Anti-Terrorism, Demining and Related: $1,255,826
Other Active Grant Programs: $2,552,975
Other State Assistance: $559,000
Other USAID Assistance: $-713,675
Other USDA Assistance: $4,000

Military
Military Assistance, Total: $4,447,100"
Turkey | United States European Command

When the U.S. invaded Iraq in 2003, they needed Turkey consent to assist the U.S. invasion from the North and for supply lines.

At that time, Turkey insisted on and received assurances that the Kurds would not be given autonomy.

And the constitution which Bremer imposed implicitly stated that Iraq was to be a "Federation" and that all oil assets were to be managed from Baghdad.

Calm

- Turkey's defense spending as a share of GDP was 1.7 percent for the year 2015

- The combined defence and security budget is now TRY62.9 billion (USD21.2 billion), an increase of TRY10.4 billion in fiscal 2016 (FY 2016) compared with FY 2015.

https://www.cihan.com.tr/en/turkeys-defense-budget-and-nato-commitment-1976964.htm
Turkey details 20% increase in defence and security spending | IHS Jane's 360

Most of payments in imports of defence equipments are done to USA by Turkey; which is billions of dollars every year.

So, Who is helping who?

When the U.S. invaded Iraq in 2003, they needed Turkey consent to assist the U.S. invasion from the North and for supply lines.
balderdash.

Turkey refused any assistance whatsoever. They merely allowed use of Turkish air space.

At that time, Turkey insisted on and received assurances that the Kurds would not be given autonomy.
balerdash again. Assurances were neither sought nor given.
And the constitution which Bremer imposed implicitly stated that Iraq was to be a "Federation" and that all oil assets were to be managed from Baghdad.
.........and that had nothing to do with Turkey.

balderdash.

Turkey refused any assistance whatsoever. They merely allowed use of Turkish air space.

balerdash again. Assurances were neither sought nor given.
.........and that had nothing to do with Turkey.

Allowing their Air space is not some small factor.

Are you saying that Turkey did not insist that the Kurds not be allowed to form their own state at the early stages of the Iraq War? And with special concerns of Kirkut?

Calm

Last edited:

Are you saying that Turkey did not insist that the Kurds not be allowed to form their own state at the early stages of the Iraq War? And with special concerns of Kirkut?

Calm

I am sure Chagos will be right back with(pablum) proof.:lamo

I am sure Chagos will be right back with(pablum) proof.:lamo

I apologize. I got confused between Iraq and Afghanistan as per Turkish Involvement.

However, I stand by my comment (assertions) concerning Kirkut and the Kurds.

Calm

I follow this issue rather closely ....

Kurds Demand Autonomy
http://www.pair-annoyed.com:9090/NEW-Calm-Forum-NEW/showthread.php?t=6822

Turks To Kurds : Hands Off Oil Town Of Kirkut
http://www.pair-annoyed.com:9090/NEW-Calm-Forum-NEW/showthread.php?t=6747

Last edited:
I apologize. I got confused between Iraq and Afghanistan as per Turkish Involvement.

However, I stand by my comment (assertions) concerning Kirkut and the Kurds.

Calm

I follow this issue rather closely ....

Kurds Demand Autonomy
http://www.pair-annoyed.com:9090/NEW-Calm-Forum-NEW/showthread.php?t=6822

Turks To Kurds : Hands Off Oil Town Of Kirkut
http://www.pair-annoyed.com:9090/NEW-Calm-Forum-NEW/showthread.php?t=6747

You don't need to apologise. Those links you posted will make sure you get no proof of what was said to you about Turkey.

Calm
If you are unable to comprehend what I said in post # 105, I doubt that repetition will prove to be of any help.

Instead of asking what I'm saying, you might read what I said.

It's Kirkuk.

You linking to your own site?

Actually, the links were to a collection of hundreds of commentaries and articles by various writers which dealt with the topic at hand.

I left the site available for 12 hours after I posted the link and then took it off-line because my site is not normally open for public viewing.

Too, bad.

Calm

Actually, the links were to a collection of hundreds of commentaries and articles by various writers which dealt with the topic at hand.

I left the site available for 12 hours after I posted the link and then took it off-line because my site is not normally open for public viewing.

Too, bad.

Calm
Not that it matters, linking to one's own opinion pieces entered elsewhere is about as substantiating as is zilch.

If you are unable to comprehend what I said in post # 105, I doubt that repetition will prove to be of any help.

Instead of asking what I'm saying, you might read what I said.

Maybe he would like sources that prove what you said. I know I would.

Read more @: Kurdistan deserves an amicable divorce from Baghdad

What say you? Do you think the Kurds in northern Iraq should move forward with complete independence from Iraq?
I may disagree with the KDP (the ruling party in Northern Iraq (part of Kurdistan)) mainly because of their hostile actions with the PYD, YPG, PKK, but I do believe that Kurdistan in Northern Iraq should vote for complete independence from Iraq. The Kurds have shown that they are good partner when it comes to military affairs and protection of different sects of the population, but they have also been getting screwed economically by Baghdad. I hope the referendum moves forward. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Agreed wholeheartedly. Iraq does not deserve to control Kurdistan, and they have worked hard and deserve their independence.

The Constitution in Iraq has given the Kurds a "Federation" and it is spelled out in the Constitution which the Americans imposed on Iraq. The constitution gives control of all Iraqi oil to the central government in Baghdad. Kirkuk holds the very largest oil reserves in Iraq.

GR2008091300327.gif

If I was Shia and "Constitutionally" own the energy assets, why would I ever agree to Kurd independence?

The Iraqi government has not been given the military tools which are required to control its land mass such as helicopters and whatever. The U.S. has built a huge military base at Arbil.

In addition; Israel has been training the Kurd military since day one.

Google Search: "Shlomi Michaels + "Kodo"

The large Israeli intelligence operations in northern Iraq incorporate anti-Syrian and anti-Iranian activity, including support to Iranian and Syrian Kurds who are in opposition to their respective governments

Israel has been supporting the PEJAK with armaments to attack the Iranians at the Eastern border.

Calm

Last edited:
I think you are off topic.

Calm
Think what you like but pointing out somebody's source of substantiation as highly questionable is very much on topic. :roll:

The Constitution in Iraq has given the Kurds a "Federation" and it is spelled out in the Constitution which the Americans imposed on Iraq. .......................
Show where Turkey demanded that no Kurdish autonomy be granted during or in the wake of the Iraq war and show where the US agreed to this, prior to the war.

You made the claim, back it up with evidence.

Back
Top Bottom