• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kudos To Ole Lyin Ted, The Good Guy

TheHammer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The old saying that “pay-backs are a bitch” proved true again last night.

The Donald who coined the title “lyin Ted” all of a sudden flipped his opinion about Ted Cruz and called him “a good guy” in the spirt of party unity. Then the brilliance of The Donald made a party unity gesture and ask ole Lyin Ted, the good guy to speak at the Republican Convention. This of course is the kinda stuff America’s future Presidents should be made of and the kind of decisions they should make, yeah right!:2rofll:

Here we have the Republican candidate who publically insulted ole Lyin Ted, the good guy’s wife and father and of course ole Donald the brilliant boob was expecting ole Lyin Ted, the good guy to endorse him, (The Donald), for the Presidency.

Kudos to Ole Lyin Ted, the good guy!:2rofll:

Agreed. Not a fan of Ted but at least he isn't kissing Trump's greasy ass like the rest of the prostitutes that were at Trump's throat a few months ago.

It just amazes me how quickly principals are lost when it comes to furthering themselves.

The old saying that “pay-backs are a bitch” proved true again last night.

The Donald who coined the title “lyin Ted” all of a sudden flipped his opinion about Ted Cruz and called him “a good guy” in the spirt of party unity. Then the brilliance of The Donald made a party unity gesture and ask ole Lyin Ted, the good guy to speak at the Republican Convention. This of course is the kinda stuff America’s future Presidents should be made of and the kind of decisions they should make, yeah right!:2rofll:

Here we have the Republican candidate who publically insulted ole Lyin Ted, the good guy’s wife and father and of course ole Donald the brilliant boob was expecting ole Lyin Ted, the good guy to endorse him, (The Donald), for the Presidency.

Kudos to Ole Lyin Ted, the good guy!:2rofll:

Trump knew he wasn't endorsing him two hours before the speech.

Montafort playfully suggested-by-golly-gee-certainly-I'm-not-suggesting-that that the booing of Cruz was deliberate, planned, and started by Trump people. If so, Classy.

Montafort playfully suggested-by-golly-gee-certainly-I'm-not-suggesting-that that the booing of Cruz was deliberate, planned, and started by Trump people. If so, Classy.

Huh? I don't understand.

Cruz always did strike me as someone who actually believed what he was professing.

They wouldn't do that, would they? :roll:

Huh? I don't understand.

I'll see if I can dig up a transcript of the interview.

Basically: the reporter points out that, from the floor, the booing looked like it was originally manufactured, rather than organic, and Montafort's response was to just grin and play innocence. Maybe it was intended messaging that went wrong, maybe they wanted to seem like they were in control of it, :shrug: maybe they did plant it. No idea.

I'll see if I can dig up a transcript of the interview.

Basically: the reporter points out that, from the floor, the booing looked like it was originally manufactured, rather than organic, and Montafort's response was to just grin and play innocence. Maybe it was intended messaging that went wrong, maybe they wanted to seem like they were in control of it, :shrug: maybe they did plant it. No idea.

Ok, what the HELL does "originally manufactured rather than organic" mean?

Ok, what the HELL does "originally manufactured rather than organic" mean?

It means that it looked like it wasn't people getting angry that Cruz was talking about the Constitution and starting to boo, but rather that people were planted in key spots and told to start booing at a certain point.

Again, I didn't watch myself, and only saw a snippet of the interview, so I don't know.

They wouldn't do that, would they? :roll:

What, take actions that are ultimately self-damaging in order to try to humiliate a defeated rival who won't be brought to heel? No, that's not like the Trump's at all.....

Well, actually it is just like Trump. But Cruz did sign that pledge, and that may not play very well either. After what Trump said about his wife, I can see why he wouldn't endorse Trump, but he could also have declined the opportunity to speak.

Why did he speak last night? What was Cruz's point?

It means that it looked like it wasn't people getting angry that Cruz was talking about the Constitution and starting to boo, but rather that people were planted in key spots and told to start booing at a certain point.

Again, I didn't watch myself, and only saw a snippet of the interview, so I don't know.

"Okay, how can we spin this to make Trump look bad? And we buy that ****. Makes me sick.

Well, actually it is just like Trump. But Cruz did sign that pledge, and that may not play very well either. After what Trump said about his wife, I can see why he wouldn't endorse Trump, but he could also have declined the opportunity to speak.

Why did he speak last night? What was Cruz's point?

You could argue that the convention is for all republicans, not just Trump. I take your point, and if I was Cruz, I probably would have stayed home, but I can kinda see Cruz's point too.

"Okay, how can we spin this to make Trump look bad? And we buy that ****. Makes me sick.

Trump's people just booed defending the Constitution and voting your values. He already looks bad. If anything, if it was planned (and I'm not saying that it was, I'm saying a reporter thought it looked that way and Trump's campaign manager was playful with the idea rather than dismissive), at least it was just another example of pettiness, rather than an actual ideological rejection of those ideas.

Ted represents the entrenched establishment Republicrats, the dead and dying branch of the republican party that the voters have overwhelmingly expressed they no longer support just by voting for trump.

Ted, Jeb and Kasich; It's kinda sad really, none of these people will ever be relevant again.

And Trump never thought for a minute that at some point Ole Ted, the good guy would come around if he bribed him enough, right?:2rofll: Have you forgotten that Trump stood on the stage and confessed that he made his fortune bribing public officials? I think that's a felony!

I wouldn't count Cruz out.

Cruz always did strike me as someone who actually believed what he was professing.

Seems he has some principles and gonads. That's more than can be said for the 2 duopoly party candidates.

And Trump never thought for a minute that at some point Ole Ted, the good guy would come around if he bribed him enough, right?:2rofll: Have you forgotten that Trump stood on the stage and confessed that he made his fortune bribing public officials? I think that's a felony!

If that were a felony that was enforced we would need to build more prisons and elect all new congress critters.

What, take actions that are ultimately self-damaging in order to try to humiliate a defeated rival who won't be brought to heel? No, that's not like the Trump's at all.....

Likely the only thing missing was their jack-boots and swastikas, huh?

Ok, a singular response, but likely representative.

My wife has been a Cruz supporter for some time. She was disgusted that he didn't live up to his promise to support the candidate voters ultimately selected. Her words: "Cruz just showed me he is a man of no integrity and honor. I will never listen to him again."

Will time heal all wounds? I hope not.

Back
Top Bottom