• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ku Klux Klan: Our neighborhood watch program is “not racist”

A natural outgrowth of the whole Zimmerman affair. I suspect they will see that verdict as a license to kill.

I would not take this any more seriously than a flier that read: "Trouble in the neighborhood? Call The Legion of Doom. We're here for you!"

Who cares if morons send out fliers. Why give the idiots press? They print up a few pages and you turn it into a multi-million dollar advertising campaign? Dumb.

A natural outgrowth of the whole Zimmerman affair. I suspect they will see that verdict as a license to kill.

Learn the law so it doesn't sound like you have no clue. A standard self defense case, based on law that exists everywhere in the country and the free world is hardly a license to kill.

I wouldn't want to be black in that neighborhood. What a mess.

It occurs to me that the boys in the hood of any variety, are not a good idea
to have prowling around the neighborhood.

So, If I printed a flier claiming to be the leader of the Legion of Doom Neighborhood Watch, would you take it seriously? Would you make a thread? It looks like it's pretty easy to get famous around here, when people make a big deal out of any asshole that prints something.

Learn the law so it doesn't sound like you have no clue. A standard self defense case, based on law that exists everywhere in the country and the free world is hardly a license to kill.

Well, without wishing to delve into the entire Zimmerman affair again, let me state the obvious. When two men have a confrontation and the one who is unarmed winds up dead, the only one left to tell his side of the story is the shooter. If I was black, I'd think very carefully before I walked in any white neighborhood where the KKK was providing neighborhood watch. But maybe that's just me.

And whatever else it was, it was hardly a 'standard self-defense case'. Except maybe in the South.

Well, without wishing to delve into the entire Zimmerman affair again, let me state the obvious. When two men have a confrontation and the one who is unarmed winds up dead, the only one left to tell his side of the story is the shooter. If I was black, I'd think very carefully before I walked in any white neighborhood where the KKK was providing neighborhood watch. But maybe that's just me.

And whatever else it was, it was hardly a 'standard self-defense case'. Except maybe in the South.

Spare us your paranoid delusion based on a pathetic understanding of the law, or at least keep it to the Zimmerman subforum.

Thanks.

I don't see where this has anything at all to do with the Zimmerman case. An old racist org has some community service arms that they say aren't racist themed. Whether they are or not (and they're likely to be) doesn't matter. Anything they do is fruit from a very poisonous tree.

My my! such a nasty response! I guess hunting black kids and killing them when they respond now qualifies as self-defense in your world. Good to know the KKK is not alone in their efforts.

I don't see where this has anything at all to do with the Zimmerman case. An old racist org has some community service arms that they say aren't racist themed. Whether they are or not (and they're likely to be) doesn't matter. Anything they do is fruit from a very poisonous tree.

Yeah, I can't imagine anything with ties to the KKK being racist!:lamo

My my! such a nasty response! I guess hunting black kids and killing them when they respond now qualifies as self-defense in your world. Good to know the KKK is not alone in their efforts.

And I fully understand the abominable 'stand your ground law'.

You know you've gone far afield when you respond to your own posts. :lamo

I'm still interested in your assertion that a part of the KKK may not be racist. Surely, this belongs in the breaking news section.

I'm still interested in your assertion that a part of the KKK may not be racist. Surely, this belongs in the breaking news section.

You may want to brush up on your reading comprehension and read my post again. :lamo

Why would they not see it that way?

not sure of the laws surrounding neighborhood watch programs, but I imagine they have a constitutional right to organize them

Not sure how it couldn't be racist though, considering the values of the org. But then again, organizations like the NOI tend to be very active in black communities on a similar level. And as much as I despise the org, they do a phenomenal job at pushing out the drug dealers, pimps, and general human garbage

It occurs to me that the boys in the hood of any variety, are not a good idea
to have prowling around the neighborhood.

The NOI is notorious in their efficiency in cleaning up ghettos

lol, talk about blatant race-baiting

Given the organizations "standing" on how they look at race it's hard not to see it as racist, but the actual comments from them are not racist in themselves. How they actually ACT is another story.

Just giving another perspective.

While Klan representative Frank Ancona said he didn’t know whether the fliers were distributed as part of an organized effort by the group (as opposed to, y’know, invisible, magical racist elves)

Though I rather dislike the klan, this bit of commentary is rather strange and just highlights what is wrong with much of the alternative "news" content on the internet.

Though I rather dislike the klan, this bit of commentary is rather strange and just highlights what is wrong with much of the alternative "news" content on the internet.

Maybe "magical racist elves" is the KKK's name for the lower ranking members.

Back
Top Bottom