• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kremlin website goes down as Russian TV channels ‘hacked to play Ukrainian songs’

Why is that?

Anyhow, this is absolutely hilarious.
Well, Russia has reasonable capacities to track ip traffic, and trace who did it.

Putin is known to have assassinations done.

Risky business, pissing of Putin.

Well, Russia has reasonable capacities to track ip traffic, and trace who did it.

I would hope anyone competent enough to hack Russian state websites would also be competent enough to hide their IP. I mean shit when I was at college my friend and I thought it was funny to browse the dark web and look at ads for hit men. I'd download a TailsOS to a bootable USB drive, plug it into a library computer, and then load up the Onion browser. If I was going to **** with a Russian website I'd go to a public library and use a bootable USB OS like tails. Would be pretty hard to trace it back to an individual.

I would hope anyone competent enough to hack Russian state websites would also be competent enough to hide their IP. I mean shit when I was at college my friend and I thought it was funny to browse the dark web and look at ads for hit men. I'd download a TailsOS to a bootable USB drive, plug it into a library computer, and then load up the Onion browser. If I was going to **** with a Russian website I'd go to a public library and use a bootable USB OS like tails. Would be pretty hard to trace it back to an individual.
Hard is not impossible. The fact , for example, that the U.S. government tracked down the people who raided that bitcoin wallet got tracked and the bitcoins recovered shows it is possible Of course, they had cooperation with various IP providers, and the russians would not.

I'm sure they used a VPN.

Putin, putin, putin and his threats. Some folks just don't care about putin's threats, he is not a god that is all powerful.

Why doesn't the world just collectively throw up its hands and say oh well, it's putin, there's nothing we can do?

Risky business for one country to piss of the rest of the world.

Putin, putin, putin and his threats. Some folks just don't care about putin's threats, he is not a god that is all powerful.

Why doesn't the world just collectively throw up its hands and say oh well, it's putin, there's nothing we can do?

Risky business for one country to piss of the rest of the world.
I don't mind it being done, I just think it's risky, and should have been done by professionals .

I do not understand your response, at all.
Anonymous is a bunch of hackers that are doing hacking for a hobby. There are groups of computer people in various military around the world that are geared to do cyber warefare. You can be sure that a number of them are prepared to do things to the Russian computer network. They won't be flashy though. An example of military cyber warfare was when the Iranian nuclear program got hit, and a malware got into the centerfuges used to purify uranium spun in such a way that it destroyed the equipment. You can be sure that Russia has software that is targeting the american power grid for example.

The whole world is against him. Oh i forgot corporate America's best friend. The communist red chinese. An enemy of America my entire life.

Only thing Putin has going for him is his stockpile of nuclear weapons. Is he suicidal?

They should play Vlad's favorite song

Vlad's favorite song.....

Kill 'Em All - Metallica

Hard is not impossible. The fact , for example, that the U.S. government tracked down the people who raided that bitcoin wallet got tracked and the bitcoins recovered shows it is possible Of course, they had cooperation with various IP providers, and the russians would not.

Dozens have been arrested in their home countries, but there is no record of any Anonymous hacktivists being assassinated.

But I suppose there is a first for everything Putin/GRU, who do not hesitate to murder on foreign soil.

Anonymous is a bunch of hackers that are doing hacking for a hobby. There are groups of computer people in various military around the world that are geared to do cyber warefare. You can be sure that a number of them are prepared to do things to the Russian computer network. They won't be flashy though. An example of military cyber warfare was when the Iranian nuclear program got hit, and a malware got into the centerfuges used to purify uranium spun in such a way that it destroyed the equipment. You can be sure that Russia has software that is targeting the american power grid for example.

And you think anonymous does their very targeted attacks as a hobby? I consider what they do a punishment for something they perceived as unacceptable.

And you think anonymous does their very targeted attacks as a hobby? I consider what they do a punishment for something they perceived as unacceptable.
It is not something they do for a living. It's more like being an activist. Anonymous is not a cohesive organization, but rather a bunch of people who hack for often political reasons.

Back
Top Bottom