• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kosovo hits Serbia with 100% trade tariffs amid Interpol row

DDD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Kosovo has slapped 100% customs tariffs on Serbian imports, blaming the government in Belgrade for its latest failed bid to join international police organisation Interpol.

Tensions between the two neighbours spilled over on 6 November, when Kosovo imposed an additional 10% customs tariff on Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina, for conducting an "aggressive campaign".
Kosovo was angered by the decision of a succession of small states to reverse their recognition of its independence, and accused Belgrade of orchestrating the moves.
More than 110 nations do recognise the majority-Albanian republic, but Russia and some EU member states including Spain and Greece do not.
After Interpol's general assembly rejected Kosovo's third bid for membership in three years on Tuesday, Kosovo complained of a "fierce campaign" conducted by Serbia against the idea of normalising relations with its former province. Kosovo had spent a reported €1.2m lobbying for Interpol membership.
Serbian officials were thought to be concerned that once a part of the police organisation, Kosovo would start seeking the arrest of commanders suspected of war crimes during the 1998-99 war.
Kosovo hit back on Wednesday, hiking the tariffs to 100% for Bosnia as well as Serbia. Authorities were also told to remove some products from shelves if they did not refer to the Republic of Kosovo.

Serbia is continuing its aggressive campaign against Kosovo in the int’l stage. It is also undermining the normalisation process. To defend our vital interest, Government of Kosovo has decided today to increase the customs tariff to 100%. Further measures to be announced soon!

It seems Serbia has stagnated back into its 1999 mentality. While negotiations for relation normalisation between Dardania and Serbia were occurring with the EU, the Serbian government has hypocritically, relentlessly, and openly continued with its aggressive political campaign against our interests, culminating in our absence in the interpol now.

What Serbia needs to realise is that this is a working independent country. Further, they should realise that should Serbia misbehave, they can and will be "bitchslapped back to Russia!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HULy52ah2_I

Seriously though, the intended message is quite meaningful: Do not deficate where you eat.

It seems Serbia has stagnated back into its 1999 mentality. While negotiations for relation normalisation between Dardania and Serbia were occurring with the EU, the Serbian government has hypocritically, relentlessly, and openly continued with its aggressive political campaign against our interests, culminating in our absence in the interpol now.

What Serbia needs to realise is that this is a working independent country. Further, they should realise that should Serbia misbehave, they can and will be "bitchslapped back to Russia!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HULy52ah2_I

Seriously though, the intended message is quite meaningful: Do not deficate where you eat.

its all Ozero (Kremlin thugs game) , only they need destabilization in Europe

Kosovo is not a legitimate state under UN law. All its problems stem from its illegal creation via forced withdrawal of Serbian control under NATO gunpoint.

The dis-memberment of Serbia was a NATO act and this de-stabilisation was opposed by Russia. People like to talk about how Russia is the root of European insecurity, but they ignore the egregious mistake that creating Kosovo was.

I accept that Kosovo will probably get legitimised one day, but it will only be with Serbia's consent. So instead of instituting economic and verbal warfare, I'd suggest Pristina gets real and resorts to that old fashioned idea of diplomacy.

The idea of a land swap with Serbia is a possible way forward which Kosovo liked, but was opposed by the US and EU. It's not Russia and Serbia putting obstacles in your way.

Kosovo is not a legitimate state under UN law. All its problems stem from its illegal creation via forced withdrawal of Serbian control under NATO gunpoint.

The dis-memberment of Serbia was a NATO act and this de-stabilisation was opposed by Russia. People like to talk about how Russia is the root of European insecurity, but they ignore the egregious mistake that creating Kosovo was.

It's not Russia and Serbia putting obstacles in your way.

The above post clearly posits Russia and Serbia being obstacles in our way!

The above post clearly posits Russia and Serbia being obstacles in our way!

Serbia is a victim in this situation, they are under Ozero hybrid attack much like all other Balkan states
joint investigation between Bellingcat and The Insider has identified a second GRU officer, who was involved in the 2016 Montenegro coup, as Vladimir Nikolaevich Moiseev.

Article by Moritz Rakuszitzky, research by Moritz Rakuszitzky, Daniel Romein, and Roman Dobrokhotov.

The Russian version of this investigation is published by The Insider.

Two officers from Russia’s military intelligence (GRU) are sought, via Interpol, as suspected organizers of an unsuccessful 2016 coup in Montenegro, a small country on the Adriatic Sea in Southeastern Europe. The true identity of one officer is public, while the other officer is known only under his cover identity. Bellingcat has been able to unmask the real identity of the second suspect indicted by the Montenegro prosecutor, and to confirm that he is indeed a senior GRU officer.

The name of the first Russian officer, Eduard Shishmakov, and his employment with GRU at the time of the events in Montenegro, was confirmed in a series of investigations by Bellingcat and its Russian investigative partner The Insider (read reports here and here).

The second person is only known to Montenegro prosecutors under his cover identity, Vladimir Popov. It is under this cover name that he is being sought by Interpol and by Montenegro’s partner law enforcement agencies in Europe, as can be seen in the court case file.
Montenegro1.jpg

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-...ru-officer-indicted-montenegro-coup-unmasked/

Kosovo, or Montenegro ? can they ?

They’re able to drill in Romania where others can’t so, and besides, they were able to down that 117 with 25 AAA, and the Croats were needing 300 Leopards with 10,000 combat engineers to wipe them out, before Bill stopped the blood bath.

Why do people try and defend Putin?
the guy is 100% garbage the world will be a much better place when the Russians string him up from a tree

They’re able to drill in Romania where others can’t so, and besides, they were able to down that 117 with 25 AAA, and the Croats were needing 300 Leopards with 10,000 combat engineers to wipe them out, before Bill stopped the blood bath.

Muscovites ? yes they do, Baltics, Bulgaria, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine they try to destabilize entire europe

Why do people try and defend Putin?
the guy is 100% garbage the world will be a much better place when the Russians string him up from a tree

+1,

Muscovites ? yes they do, Baltics, Bulgaria, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine they try to destabilize entire europe

I say let the Serbs take their provinces back. Then smash the Serbs for doing it. Can’t be any worse than promising the House of Saud we would obliterate them and their incepid Royal family, then turn around and straighten out their rail schedule, rework their oil wells, give them lots more military hardware, and get on our knees and allow them to anally rape us.

Serbia is a victim in this situation, they are under Ozero hybrid attack much like all other Balkan states

Yes, no matter the atrocities, war crimes, hypocritical (beneath the table) counter-Dardanian international political moves while in the middle of negotiations to stabilise relations between our countries - The bottom line is always that Serbia is always the victim (according to South and Eastern Slavs). Pretty biased as usual.

Anyway, explain how does an Ozero hybrid attack works please? Got links?

Check my link about where Dardania is. Hint: We are not Montenegro, and this coup has nothing to do with us.

Last edited:
I say let the Serbs take their provinces back. Then smash the Serbs for doing it. Can’t be any worse than promising the House of Saud we would obliterate them and their incepid Royal family, then turn around and straighten out their rail schedule, rework their oil wells, give them lots more military hardware, and get on our knees and allow them to anally rape us.

you mean Kosovo or all ex - Yugoslav republic ? its impassible , the Serbia is a poorest country in the region with only 7 million population. Serbs are the idiots allowing Moscow thugs to drug this poor country into Kremlin games once again

Yes, no matter the atrocities, war crimes, hypocritical (beneath the table) counter-Dardanian international political moves while in the middle of negotiations to stabilise relations between our countries - The bottom line is always that Serbia is always the victim (according to South and Eastern Slavs). Pretty biased as usual.

Anyway, explain how does an Ozero hybrid attack works please? Got links?

Check my link about where Dardania is. Hint: We are not Montenegro, and this coup has nothing to do with us.
links:
"The Threat of Kleptocracy: States Bordering the Russian Federation"

The Serbia is a poorest country in the region...

This is Serbia's GDP:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ser...hrome.0.0l6.4150j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

And here are other countries in the region:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...6......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71.rmUSGtZKfjI

So, the answer is "No, Serbia is not the poorest country in the region." This blind self-victimisation defense could also be put in the Serbia's "No matter the wrong I do, I am always the victim" list.

Serbs are the idiots allowing Moscow thugs to drug this poor country into Kremlin games once again

I would just add that Serbs are "self-victimizing idiots" to that.

links:
"The Threat of Kleptocracy: States Bordering the Russian Federation"

Mate, just explain your position briefly and succinctly if willing to debate. Do not hide your position behind hours of BS multimedia references.

This is Serbia's GDP:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ser...hrome.0.0l6.4150j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

And here are other countries in the region:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...6......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71.rmUSGtZKfjI

So, the answer is "No, Serbia is not the poorest country in the region." This blind self-victimisation defense could also be put in the Serbia's "No matter the wrong I do, I am always the victim" list.

I would just add that Serbs are "self-victimizing idiots" to that.
100% agree with you. entire 19-20c they have pinched The whole time above their wight ,so why do they cry today ? if i were a Serb i´d fuc& Muscovy (close its embassy, businesses, deport all Muscovites back to RF) and run to EU/NATPO as fast as i can

100% agree with you. entire 19-20c they have pinched The whole time above their wight ,so why do they cry today ? if i were a Serb i´d fuc& Muscovy (close its embassy, businesses, deport all Muscovites back to RF) and run to EU/NATPO as fast as i can

Alright,

BTW, your accent is showing on your typing. Where are you from?

I say let the Serbs take their provinces back.

Just a minor correction: Dardania was never theirs. Yes, they invaded us, but we fought back. Further, Dardania was invaded and re-invaded by various other and way more powerful superpowers (at the time) along the two millenniums, and we are still here.

Then smash the Serbs for doing it.

You have already done that my good friend! :)

Can’t be any worse than promising the House of Saud we would obliterate them and their incepid Royal family, then turn around and straighten out their rail schedule, rework their oil wells, give them lots more military hardware, and get on our knees and allow them to anally rape us.

That I do not know. But, how's Texas?

I accept that Kosovo will probably get legitimised one day, but it will only be with Serbia's consent. So instead of instituting economic and verbal warfare, I'd suggest Pristina gets real and resorts to that old fashioned idea of diplomacy.

The idea of a land swap with Serbia is a possible way forward which Kosovo liked, but was opposed by the US and EU. It's not Russia and Serbia putting obstacles in your way.

Funny. 111 nations disagree with you.

On the other hand the UN steadfastly calls on nations not to recognize the Russian annexation of Crimea.

Just a minor correction: Dardania was never theirs. Yes, they invaded us, but we fought back. Further, Dardania was invaded and re-invaded by various other and way more powerful superpowers (at the time) along the two millenniums, and we are still here.

You have already done that my good friend! :)

That I do not know. But, how's Texas?
TEXAS isnt as screwed up as it could be. Problem with it’s govt is it wishes to appear busy. Instead they act like they’re retarded.

Last edited:
Funny. 111 nations disagree with you.

On the other hand the UN steadfastly calls on nations not to recognize the Russian annexation of Crimea.

The UN does not recognise Kosovo either.

Back
Top Bottom