• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kosovo asks U.S. for permanent military base, speedier NATO membership

Gateman_Wen

Official disruptive influence
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Looks like if Putin was worried about NATO expanding the membership he miscalculated what the effect of his warmangering would be.

Everybody's wanting NATO bases in their countries now. I wonder what's behind this sudden shift.

"I have wood" - Military Industrial Complex

How much are they willing to pay?

Looks like if Putin was worried about NATO expanding the membership he miscalculated what the effect of his warmangering would be.

the irony is that we did to kosovo exactly what putin did to the donbass regions.

Kosovo should never be part of NATO.

So now we’re going to sign an alliance with a “breakaway” republic and use the military to secure their breakaway sovereignty? What’s the problem with Russia again?

It’s a breakaway state that is illegitimate and legitimately part of Serbia

The only reason they want NATO is so once Ukraine is made humble they don’t fear Serbia taking back what is rightfully theirs

For the record I do not support the Serbs or Serbia in any way or form.. quite the opposite, but the Kosovo government has committed ethnic cleansing of Serbs since it used terror to gain its independence from Serbia.

Kosovo is unfit to be a NATO member until they deal with these crimes against humanity and I am disgusted that the EU, NATO and the west in general still support this country.

For the record I do not support the Serbs or Serbia in any way or form.. quite the opposite, but the Kosovo government has committed ethnic cleansing of Serbs since it used terror to gain its independence from Serbia.

Kosovo is unfit to be a NATO member until they deal with these crimes against humanity and I am disgusted that the EU, NATO and the west in general still support this country.
Turkey is equally unfit, given her human rights abuses and Erdogan's far-right dictatorial politics; jailing political opponents, banning the free press and controlling the media etc., not to mention the massacre of the Kurds. Yet Turkey has been a NATO member state since 1951.

Kosovo and Ukraine share some interesting violations of international law

https://responsiblestatecraft.org/2...aine-has-parallels-with-us-actions-in-kosovo/

"As Russian President Vladimir Putin announced his recognition of the separatist territories of Donetsk and Luhansk in Ukraine, a clear violation of international law, condemnations rained in from all quarters in Washington and other NATO capitals.

"Among those was Secretary of State Antony Blinken, who said in an official statement condemning Russia’s 'blatant violation of international law' that 'states have an obligation not to recognize a new state created through the threat or use of force.'

"But Secretary Blinken must remember 1999, when he was, quite coincidentally, Senior Director for European Affairs at the National Security Council.

"That was the year NATO proactively waged a 78-day war against Yugoslavia to ensure its break up and the creation of a new nation state — Kosovo.

"This war was waged without U.N. authorization, and was a rank violation of international law.

"It was conducted based on a new principle conjured up by the United States and some of its partners called the Responsibility to Protect or R2P..."

So now we’re going to sign an alliance with a “breakaway” republic and use the military to secure their breakaway sovereignty? What’s the problem with Russia again?
Lol.

I thought Donald Trump called Vladimir Putin a genius.

Kosovo has been a sovereign independent state for more than 20 years.

I'm just glad we were never a breakaway Republic and have existed since the beginning of time.

Turkey is equally unfit, given her human rights abuses and Erdogan's far-right dictatorial politics; jailing political opponents, banning the free press and controlling the media etc., not to mention the massacre of the Kurds. Yet Turkey has been a NATO member state since 1951.
I dont disagree one bit. Anti democratic nations have no business in NATO... but then again we have to be careful on the "anti-democratic" ;) part.

But there is a difference... Turkey, as you state, has been member since 1951. In 1951 Turkey was not a far right religious dictatorship so it could easily meet the conditions for membership. It also had and has an extremely critical position in the Mediterranean Sea/Black Sea areas. Like it or not, Turkey is as critical to NATO as Denmark is when it comes to strategic location.

Now Kosovo is basically a terror nation. It has zero strategic value and in fact could cause all sorts of problems with its nationalistic headbanging with Serbia. There is zero value in letting them into the club, other than to piss off Serbia and Russia and frankly I am tired of NATO being used in such a political way... just look at the mess in Ukraine. NATO/US/UK/EU all share quite a large blame on the current situation, along with Ukraine itself, and of course Putin/Russia.... a bunch of childish spoilt children if you ask me.

Kosovo has been a discrete entity at least since the Ottoman Empire. Sure they've traded back and forth and taken over repeatedly but their sole identity isn't as a soviet breakaway republic.

How many countries recognize the fake Russian republic that Putin just set up????

Now, how many nations recognize Kosovo.

You’re excuse making for embracing your fuhrer’s endorsement of the invastion of Ukraine keep getting thinner and thinner.

How many countries recognize the fake Russian republic that Putin just set up????

Now, how many nations recognize Kosovo.

You’re excuse making for embracing your fuhrer’s endorsement of the invastion of Ukraine keep getting thinner and thinner.
So in your mind, a country is a country if the GAE claims it is. That’s all.

I thought Donald Trump called Vladimir Putin a genius.

He did. Several times.

As as you can see, several of his dead end followers think so too, and are parroting the Kremlin line just like their failed former wannabe fuhrer.

Back
Top Bottom