• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Koch Industries refuses to break ties with Russia despite Corporate America's mass exodus

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

iu

Koch Industries, the Wichita-based petroleum company run by right-wing billionaire Charles Koch, has kept its Russia-based operations going despite Corporate America's mass exodus from the country amid Russia's devastating invasion of Ukraine. According to Popular Information, the conglomerate owns a number of Russia-based subsidiaries. Notable among them is Guardian Industries, an Auburn Hills, Michigan-based manufacturer of industrial glass and other products. The subsidiary reportedly runs two Russia-based facilities in Ryazan and Rostov. Electronic components manufacturer Molex, another Koch Industries subsidiary, offers its products through a "network of third-party distributors across Russia," as Popular Information reported. Two letters released by Molex in February and March indicate that the company has no intention to suspend operations in Russia. Koch Industries also owns Koch Engineered Solutions, a subsidiary that "specializes in process and pollution control equipment that help industrial facilities to operate responsibly." According to Popular Information, Koch Engineered Solutions runs a sales office out of Moscow. The company reportedly has a history of evading U.S. sanctions to support its bottom line.

Billionaire Charles Koch, a huge contributor to the Republican Party, will not shut down his Koch Industries operations in Russia.

I can only surmise that Mr. Koch supports Putin's brutal invasion of Ukraine.

He won't get my vote in the upcoming elections.

No, I think you can surmise that he cares more about money - as someone with an enormous fortune, one of the biggest in the world - more than mass murder. That he is indifferent to war. If anyone wanted to know what it looked like as US corporations kept helping Hitler to profit, they're getting a look.

He won't get my vote in the upcoming elections.
How about the Republican Party he is one of the biggest donors to, if not the biggest as he organizes many other right-wing plutocrats to donate to them?

No, I think you can surmise that he cares more about money - as someone with an enormous fortune, one of the biggest in the world - more than mass murder. That he is indifferent to war. If anyone wanted to know what it looked like as US corporations kept helping Hitler to profit, they're getting a look.
"He cares more about money".............yes, he does. It also means that like Trump, he has no morals, ethics, principles or humanity. This is especially true when you consider he is among the top 20 richest persons in the world. At this stage of the game, one would think that someone with "some" morals, ethics, principles and humanity would be willing to sacrifice some "profits" as it would not change his economic status one iota. Given that he still cares about his money so much, I put him in the category of being a "deplorable".

We should take advantage of this opportunity to expose Koch to the country for who he is, when the country is ready to condemn such behavior helping Putin. It's been hard for years to help people understand how bad Koch is and this shouldn't be missed. It should be a big news story - but won't. I suspect you won't hear it on PBS/NPR, where Koch is a big donor.

We should take advantage of this opportunity to expose Koch to the country for who he is, when the country is ready to condemn such behavior helping Putin. It's been hard for years to help people understand how bad Koch is and this shouldn't be missed. It should be a big news story - but won't. I suspect you won't hear it on PBS/NPR, where Koch is a big donor.

Most people don't even know that all that "Tea Party grassroots movement" back in 2009 was actually astroturf bought and paid for by the Koch brothers. And of course the Tea Party was just the progenitor of Trumpism today.

iu

Billionaire Charles Koch, a huge contributor to the Republican Party, will not shut down his Koch Industries operations in Russia.

Mr. Koch supports money and power and he's obviously a person who does not care where it comes from.

Someone should make a 'meme' image comparing companies who kept providing help to Nazi Germany, and Koch.

iu

Koch has his lips firmly planted on tRump's, and thus putin's, ass.

iu

So we cut him off from the US...cancel all of his operations permits right now

What does anyone expect from a group that manages their operations relying on deception? When Koch and ALEC lie to we the people they are also lying to their campaign donors and America in general.

https://www.politico.com › magazine › story › 2016/01

Among those delivering papers on how the fringe movement could obtain genuine power was Charles Koch. The papers are striking in their radicalism, their disdain for the public and their belief in the necessity of political subterfuge aka the art of deception.

What exactly does subterfuge mean? ALEC is centered around deception apparently which may also indicate ALEC lies.

Choose the Right Synonym for subterfuge​

DECEPTION, FRAUD, DOUBLE-DEALING, SUBTERFUGE, TRICKERY mean the acts or practices of one who deliberately deceives. DECEPTION may or may not imply blameworthiness, since it may suggest cheating or merely tactical resource. magicians are masters of deception FRAUD always implies guilt and often criminality in act or practice. indicted for fraud DOUBLE-DEALING suggests treachery or at least action contrary to a professed attitude. a go-between suspected of double-dealing SUBTERFUGE suggests the adoption of a stratagem or the telling of a lie in order to escape guilt or to gain an end. obtained the papers by subterfuge TRICKERY implies ingenious acts intended to dupe or cheat. resorted to trickery to gain their ends

Speakers proposed that libertarians hide their true antigovernment extremism by banishing the word “anarchism,” because it reminded too many people of “terrorists.” To attract a bigger following, some suggested, they needed to organize synthetic “grassroots” groups and issue meaningless titles to volunteers, without yielding any real control.

So we cut him off from the US...cancel all of his operations permits right now
People are afraid of Charles Koch .............. For all of the scams and deception that ALEC lives by very little is mentioned about the organization much less the man.

Prescott Bush sold weapons to Hitler ....... Fred Koch built stalin a refinery .......

iu

Just how right-wing/republican FILTH rolls...
Koch corporation got payments in Ukrainian golden teeth for its the services in 30s

Back
Top Bottom