• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kobe Bryant

Yep. David Stern was a jerk. He must have had a hard on for the Buss family.

Yes, he gave Chris Paul to his buddy with the Clippers and then when Stern was gone the owner of the Clippers had his team taken away from him. A lot of corruption in the ranks of the NBA leadership way back when.

He had a strong worth ethic. I cannot question that.

I used to hate Kobe...mostly because I was such a Jordan fan that anyone compared to him was going to be on my **** list. But, in 2009-2010, when he managed to pull that scrub team into the finals and somehow beat the stacked Celtics, I had to give him a bow. From that point, I began reading about his work ethic. It really is second to none...well, except for Michael of course.

Kobe went out in style to the pleasure of his fans in the arena and around the league. Nice to see him surpass Jordan with his 6th 60 point plus game and nice to see him lead his team from a 10 point deficit to a victory with less than 3 minutes to go in the game. Brought back memories of Kobe as a clutch player and a game changer.

And it was reminiscent of Kobe putting up 80 points against my Raptors early in their existence.

As for those paying $30,000 for a courtside seat, hope the hat and the action figure were/are worth it, but then if you've got money to burn it's all good.

Anyway, I never liked him. I thought he was arrogant, a jerk, and a ball hog.
Who DO you like? Let's see, you don't like Kobie... you don't like Springsteen... you don't seem to like anybody who gets a thread about them.

Oh, and I agree with your points re Kobie, btw, just inquiring about the pattern of not liking anybody.

Who DO you like? Let's see, you don't like Kobie... you don't like Springsteen... you don't seem to like anybody who gets a thread about them.

Oh, and I agree with your points re Kobie, btw, just inquiring about the pattern of not liking anybody.

Love Kobe or hate him, one thing is for certain. He is one of the top twenty players of all time.

As the ink dries on this final, morbid chapter of Kobe’s career, even the most stats-savvy of analysts have to acknowledge Bryant’s all-time greatness. According to Value Over Replacement Player, a measure of total contribution that tries to emulate RPM for historical seasons,1 Bryant ranks as the NBA’s 15th-best regular-season player since 1973-74 and its eighth-best in the playoffs, both of which track with the No. 12 all-time ranking he received in a recent ESPN poll of NBA experts.
Kobe Haters Are Stuck In 2008 | FiveThirtyEight

Back
Top Bottom