• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kobe Bryant

He'll be a first ballot hall of famer and is one of the highest scorers in league history - by definition, he's a great player and will be remembered that way.

Great only sometimes equals popular. BB is a sport as well as entertainment, not entertainment only, there are standards.

Great only sometimes equals popular. BB is a sport as well as entertainment, not entertainment only, there are standards.

If you're betting that Kobe won't be a first ballot hall of famer, I'll take that bet.

the same way that many on the left give President Clinton a pass because they believe he was a good President.

Actually many on the right grudgingly admit he was a good president, and even some of those don't really give a **** about the BJ. The religious ones can'r untwist their BVDS.

Bill strikes me a a guy I could have a drink with. Kobe, not so much. Maybe that's just me.

Actually many on the right grudgingly admit he was a good president, and even some of those don't really give a **** about the BJ. The religious ones can'r untwist their BVDS.

Bill strikes me a a guy I could have a drink with. Kobe, not so much. Maybe that's just me.

Bill Clinton? He's a sociopath.

Did I call it or what?

Plenty of people on the left has called Bill Clinton a sociopath over the years, and even a shrink some years ago diagnosed him as one.

As a life-long Lakers fan I never liked Kobe...

I wouldn't want to have a drink with either one - both have too big an entourage and both are too full of themselves - besides, Hillary might show up and that would ruin everything.

As a life-long Lakers fan I never liked Kobe...

I've been a life-long Lakers fan too, and Kareem and Magic were always my favourites - Magic is one of the nicest personalities ever - I like Charles Barkley for similar reasons. Kobe's not a people person, that makes him less likable.

I wouldn't want to have a drink with either one - both have too big an entourage and both are too full of themselves - besides, Hillary might show up and that would ruin everything.

But she might start saying stupid crap like how gun manufacturers should be held accountable for crimes done by criminals. You have to admit that would be pretty funny.

But she might start saying stupid crap like how gun manufacturers should be held accountable for crimes done by criminals. You have to admit that would be pretty funny.

Nothing about Hillary Clinton is funny, in my view.

I've been a life-long Lakers fan too, and Kareem and Magic were always my favourites - Magic is one of the nicest personalities ever - I like Charles Barkley for similar reasons. Kobe's not a people person, that makes him less likable.

...and I blame him for the current Laker downturn. Taking a big paycheck, not recruiting other good players, etc. He is just an asshole.

Magic. Number One player ever.

...and I blame him for the current Laker downturn. Taking a big paycheck, not recruiting other good players, etc. He is just an asshole.

Magic. Number One player ever.

I blame the league for the Lakers' downfall. There's no way the league should have interfered in the Chris Paul trade. That was the beginning of the end for the Lakers as a playoff contender.

Meh, you know Billy Bob has stories. Oh the stories.

Nothing about Hillary Clinton is funny, in my view.

Greetings, CJ. :2wave:

:agree: She would probably not like to be thought funny either, but I admit watching her "arf" like a dog recently, while not funny because she was likening a yapping dog to the GOP . . . it was humorous! Whoever posted that cartoon on here showing Putin chuckling about it deserves a trophy too, for a point well made!

Kobie will go on to first ballot HOF. He was one of the best scorers ever. I think this whole year long retirement tour is unnecessary and overblown, like others said two years ago should have been it for him. But top end athletes always struggle to let go of the game and stay in just a bit longer than they should.

How does Dwight Howard suck? The guy was the defensive player of the year multiple times, lead the league in blocks multiple times, lead the league in rebounding again multiple times, and has scored over twenty points a game year after year. His only real flaw is that he can only score from close to the net and his dribbling skills are no where to be found, but that's normal for a center.

Other than Orlando back when he was 20, has he made any team better when he arrived? He can't hit a free throw to save his life and he has no heart. I wouldn't want him on my team. Give me Kobe. At least he has heart and will give you everything he has.

Kobie will go on to first ballot HOF. He was one of the best scorers ever. I think this whole year long retirement tour is unnecessary and overblown, like others said two years ago should have been it for him. But top end athletes always struggle to let go of the game and stay in just a bit longer than they should.

Best thing about Kobe is he played above his talent level. He wasn't as athletic as Vince Carter or built like Shaq, but he'll go down as infinitely better than both because the man left it all on the court. Everytime.

I blame the league for the Lakers' downfall. There's no way the league should have interfered in the Chris Paul trade. That was the beginning of the end for the Lakers as a playoff contender.

Yep. David Stern was a jerk. He must have had a hard on for the Buss family.

Best thing about Kobe is he played above his talent level. He wasn't as athletic as Vince Carter or built like Shaq, but he'll go down as infinitely better than both because the man left it all on the court. Everytime.

He had a strong worth ethic. I cannot question that.

He had a holmesque woody for Seattle.

Apparently. After all, who in their right mind moves a team from Seattle to Oklahoma?

And he was often a dick about it, so in the end you cant tell a kid " do like Kobe does".

That's where the rape thing really comes into play. He is exactly the kind of superstar you can't wait goes away.

Back
Top Bottom