• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Know your Rights - know the laws

Wrong.
You can play the paranoia game all you want. It doesn't make it true.

And blind dismissal as paranoia isn't fallacious reasoning?

Wrong.
You can play the paranoia game all you want. It doesn't make it true.

A consent search is a search that you can refuse if you want. If they have probable cause already, they will search anyhow. If they do not, they wont.

Refusal of consent to search does not constitute probable cause to search.
Maybe if police cared about the law, that would be true.

Since they don't, it isn't.

Any proof behind this?
Or just more police bashing?

Well, there are lots of ways that individual law enforcement officers can abuse their authority. However, the following has an example that concerns me the most.

Prosecutors Move To Seize Control of Crime Lab « FSN: Forensic Science News

Essentially, it is the absence of independence in forensic units investigating crime scenes. Forensic units are either a section of a law enforcement agency or the local prosecutor's office. However, such control can cause the results of forensic analyses to be biased to favor LEOs or prosecutors, rather than being truly impartial. Because of this, people could wind up wrongfully convicted.

Because of something I went through as a child involving a police officer, I will never trust a single one of them. They scare me. Whenever I'm anywhere near one, all I can think about is that I need to get away asap.

Well, there are lots of ways that individual law enforcement officers can abuse their authority. However, the following has an example that concerns me the most.

Prosecutors Move To Seize Control of Crime Lab « FSN: Forensic Science News

Essentially, it is the absence of independence in forensic units investigating crime scenes. Forensic units are either a section of a law enforcement agency or the local prosecutor's office. However, such control can cause the results of forensic analyses to be biased to favor LEOs or prosecutors, rather than being truly impartial. Because of this, people could wind up wrongfully convicted.

I see what you are saying.
But its a HUGE stretch.
It would require deliberate tampering with evidence, which would happen regardless, IF someone wanted it to.

I see what you are saying.
But its a HUGE stretch.
It would require deliberate tampering with evidence, which would happen regardless, IF someone wanted it to.

Not necessarily, all they would have to do in a lot of cases is play the word game.
Leaving out some verbal ques, that may change the mind of a jury.

Not necessarily, all they would have to do in a lot of cases is play the word game.
Leaving out some verbal ques, that may change the mind of a jury.

Word game??
The lab technicians, unlike what is viewed in freaking CSI (fake as hell show) and NCIS (wouldn't know), don't KNOW jack diddly **** about the cases. They recieve thousands of lab analysis requests per month, they do what they are asked to do as far as analyze a case, and move on.

Im failing to understand why it matters who's government budget foots the bill.

Back
Top Bottom