• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Know history [W:37]

Kal'Stang

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it. (Said in various ways by many people...all with an obviously true statement)

I dare ALL of those that are pro-gun control to watch the WHOLE video.

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it. (Said in various ways by many people...all with an obviously true statement)

The logic of argument in this video is highly fallacious.

I think back to the movie Braveheart. When it was said they could not keep swords, but those with swords could take their women on their wedding night from the men that married them. Those who won't bother to remember history or study it - God pray you never revisit it.

I am just waiting for Medusa to pop in to defend Turkey, and claim the Armenians were terrorists.

The video goes into graphic detail about a bunch of tyrannical regimes, and explains how they did horrible things and outlawed guns. But correlation does not equal causation. This is not a logically valid argument.

I'm not persuaded by this video that private guns would have stopped Pol Pot, nor am I persuaded that murderous tyrannical dictatorships always follow from gun confiscation.

It's all just an appeal to emotion. The video doesn't actually connect the dots.

The video goes into graphic detail about a bunch of tyrannical regimes, and explains how they did horrible things and outlawed guns. But correlation does not equal causation. This is not a logically valid argument.

I'm not persuaded by this video that private guns would have stopped Pol Pot, nor am I persuaded that murderous tyrannical dictatorships always follow from gun confiscation.

It's all just an appeal to emotion. The video doesn't actually connect the dots.

Did you watch the whole video? Because it did mention some things that were going on in the US also.

want to hear an appeal to emotion?

claiming that its idiotic to own a gun

Cannot agree with the statements of the video in Youtube that I presented in post 10 at minute 1.27 though. According to it we are not native Dardanians but settlers from Albania at various times. That is BS.

Did you watch the whole video? Because it did mention some things that were going on in the US also.

The film draws a false equivalency. It is mistaking correlation for causation. There isn't even a one to one correlation. Nonviolent resistance is the best way to fight an oppressive government, as Gandhi and Martin Luther King demonstrated.

This argument simply fails on logical grounds, it is very poorly reasoned and consists of little more than an appeal to emotion. It is sophistry. That does not speak very well of the people who fall for this sort of lousy argument.

The film draws a false equivalency. It is mistaking correlation for causation. There isn't even a one to one correlation. Nonviolent resistance is the best way to fight an oppressive government, as Gandhi and Martin Luther King demonstrated.

This argument simply fails on logical grounds, it is very poorly reasoned and consists of little more than an appeal to emotion. It is sophistry. That does not speak very well of the people who fall for this sort of lousy argument.

The irony is just killing me!

didnt you ever think twice before posting it ?

it was ottoman empire which was responsible for this exile,yes ,exile ,not genocide

study some history

at least look at your own country's crimes before posting these lies!!

HAHAHAHAHAHH

gun control and turkey

but wait ,there is a connection between teh two

dashnak terrorism forced the ottomans to exile the most of armenians!!!!!

many westerners prove me right......................

Last edited:

l didnt watch because you need to post a video which really has something to do with your own country!

it was ottoman empire which was responsible for this exile,exile ,not genocide

Did you even watch the video? It goes across many countries and times. And none of it is lies. It is all very well documented.

And I am very well aware of the crimes my country has perpetrated. Which is one of the many reasons I am against gun control. Our government cannot be trusted.

Did you even watch the video? It goes across many countries and times. And none of it is lies. It is all very well documented.

And I am very well aware of the crimes my country has perpetrated. Which is one of the many reasons I am against gun control. Our government cannot be trusted.

dont educate me on my history

l didnt watch because you need to post a video which really has something to do with your own country!

Yeah...that's what I thought. You're calling the video lies and yet you don't even know what is in it. If you had actually watched it then you would know that it even includes some things that has happened in the US due to gun control.

The video even shows what non-violent resistance has gotten some groups. I don't recall anywhere that I have said that peaceful non-violent solutions should not be tried first. But non-violent resistance does not always work, as the video shows.

As for correlation and causation... The video does not state that all the violence shown in it WILL happen. Only that it HAS happened. And what has happened before, can happen again.

As the old saying goes, Those that ignore history are doomed to repeat it. (another variation of the quote I put in the OP)

I am just waiting for Medusa to pop in to defend Turkey, and claim the Armenians were terrorists.

it was ottoman empire which was responsible for this exile,yes ,exile ,not genocide

study some history

HAHAHAHAHAHH

gun control and turkey

but wait ,there is a connection between teh two

dashnak terrorism forced the ottomans to exile the most of armenians!!!!!

many westerners prove me right......................

Man I called that one, lol. Picture perfect.

Hey Medusa,

racists exist everywhere ... in the US, in Germany, but in Turkey too. Best we can do is try to give a good example, not pretend they don't exist and keep an eye on them.

Cheers! :)

Hey Medusa,

racists exist everywhere ... in the US, in Germany, but in Turkey too. Best we can do is try to give a good example, not pretend they don't exist and keep an eye on them.

Cheers! :)

l agree,there are racists everywhere but lets not forget it was always turks who saved the others against the crusaders in the history

also this was an exile

these people lived in asia minor in peace for hundreds of years although they were racist!

but the imperialism began to carve up anatolia by arming the minorities

russia,france,then UK

many people died from both sides during teh war

l stil dont know why l have to see it in a gun control tthread

isnt it funny and moronic ?
l hope you agree too

Last edited:
l agree,there are racists everywhere but lets not forget it was always turks who saved the others against the crusaders in the history

also this was an exile

these people lived in asia minor in peace for hundreds of years although they were racist!

but the imperialism began to carve up anatolia by arming the minorities

russia,france,then UK

many people died from both sides during teh war

l stil dont know why l have to see it in a gun control tthread

isnt it funny and moronic ?
l hope you agree too

I'm just saying, you shouldn't take it personally when people point out that there is racism in Turkey too. That's normal. As long as they don't deny racism exists in their countries too, you shouldn't worry. ;)

It's not an attack on Turkey when people claim there are certain problems exist in Turkey too, especially when that's a problem that exists in every country.

I'm just saying, you shouldn't take it personally when people point out that there is racism in Turkey too. That's normal. As long as they don't deny racism exists in their countries too, you shouldn't worry. ;)

do you think many of them dont ?

topic is about gun control ,not even racism

Back
Top Bottom