• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Know history [W:37]

This thread is not about racism. I don't even know why it was brought up. The video in the OP talks about GUN CONTROL. How those in the video suffered because they could not defend themselves because they were disarmed by governments.

This thread is not about racism. I don't even know why it was brought up. The video in the OP talks about GUN CONTROL. How those in the video suffered because they could not defend themselves because they were disarmed by governments.

Correlation does not equal causation. The video does not show that there is a causal relationship between disarmament and the rise of oppressive dictatorship.

my history has nothing to do with your gun crazyness

The film draws a false equivalency. It is mistaking correlation for causation. There isn't even a one to one correlation. Nonviolent resistance is the best way to fight an oppressive government, as Gandhi and Martin Luther King demonstrated.

So you still hold on to the idiotic idea that people will care if you starve yourself or that MLK didn't empower the state. :lol:

does teh video kal posted mention it ?

If you have not seen it the video is about the government who takes weapons away from their civilians and then abuses its power and betrays civilians by committing genocide and ethnic cleansing with them. The Armenian issue is the first of many incidents that the video has piled up.

The war on Yugoslavia is also the same. The government Yugoslavia had the power to take our weapons, then abused the power by committing rape, arson, looting, bullying, ethnic cleansing with Slovenians, Croatians, Bosnians, and us.

I guess what I was going for is when there is concern that the government might want to abuse the trusted position of power then people should go after guns ASAP. Without such an alarming stage though I do not see much need for it. Especially if the culture does not indoctrinates gun users about the responsibilities of having deadly fire arms (i.e., teenagers shooting the Aussie for "fun?").

If you have not seen it the video is about the government who takes weapons away from their civilians and then abuses its power and betrays civilians by committing genocide and ethnic cleansing with them. The Armenian issue is the first of many incidents that the video has piled up.

The war on Yugoslavia is also the same. The government Yugoslavia had the power to take our weapons, then abused the power by committing rape, arson, looting, bullying, ethnic cleansing with Slovenians, Croatians, Bosnians, and us.

I guess what I was going for is when there is concern that the government might want to abuse the trusted position of power then people should go after guns ASAP. Without such an alarming stage though I do not see much need for it. Especially if the culture does not indoctrinates gun users about the responsibilities of having deadly fire arms (i.e., teenagers shooting the Aussie for "fun?").

l just watched few seconds of it

yes l know what happened in yugoslavia but l want to know if teh video kal posted mentions it

syrian islamists are more important to them than bosnian muslims

l just watched few seconds of it

yes l know what happened in yugoslavia but l want to know if teh video kal posted mentions it

syrian islamists are more important to them than bosnian muslims

What makes you say that? It is lasting just as long prior to intervention in both cases?

I do not recall for the Yugoslavian war being mentioned in that video. There was of course Hitler but not much nearer to here from that if I am not mistaken.

What makes you say that? It is lasting just as long prior to intervention in both cases?

I do not recall for the Yugoslavian war being mentioned in that video. There was of course Hitler but not much nearer to here from that if I am not mistaken.

you think nato saved you but you also know there were jihadists

anyway

thank you

l can see kal's video sucks

forgetting teh bosnians but attacking turks

just a typical westerner behavior

too disgusting

I think back to the movie Braveheart. When it was said they could not keep swords, but those with swords could take their women on their wedding night from the men that married them. Those who won't bother to remember history or study it - God pray you never revisit it.

Remove swords, guns and offensive weapons. As a Scot, that is what we learned.

Oh and nobody owns a woman these days...

Did you even watch the video? It goes across many countries and times. And none of it is lies. It is all very well documented.

And I am very well aware of the crimes my country has perpetrated. Which is one of the many reasons I am against gun control. Our government cannot be trusted.

mother****er democrats.......

Moderator's Warning:
Let's tone it down, people.

The film draws a false equivalency. It is mistaking correlation for causation. There isn't even a one to one correlation. Nonviolent resistance is the best way to fight an oppressive government, as Gandhi and Martin Luther King demonstrated.

This argument simply fails on logical grounds, it is very poorly reasoned and consists of little more than an appeal to emotion. It is sophistry. That does not speak very well of the people who fall for this sort of lousy argument.

Gandhi?? You mention him as though you actually read him, and understood what he said. Its obvious to me and to others on this thread that if you have read him which I doubt, that you most certainly did not understand what he said.

You think you base your arguments in logic. Really they are nothing but dogmatic tripe, based off your religions bent.

So you still hold on to the idiotic idea that people will care if you starve yourself or that MLK didn't empower the state. :lol:

Only a fool wold deny the massive successes of Gandhi and Dr. King.

Gandhi?? You mention him as though you actually read him, and understood what he said. Its obvious to me and to others on this thread that if you have read him which I doubt, that you most certainly did not understand what he said.

You think you base your arguments in logic. Really they are nothing but dogmatic tripe, based off your religions bent.
It's pretty disappointing to see how many people oppose peaceful resistance. Pathetic really. Attachment to violence is counterproductive and foolish; symptomatic of a childlike mind in a state of arrested development.

A little pop gun is no good against an oppressive government, I assure you. But if a person is able to set aside his hateful, juveniles attitudes he might actually make a difference with nonviolent resistance.

Last edited:
It's pretty disappointing to see how many people oppose peaceful resistance. Pathetic really. Attachment to violence is counterproductive and foolish; symptomatic of a childlike mind in a state of arrested development.

Your little pop gun is no good against an oppressive government, I assure you. But if you are able to set aside your hateful, juveniles attitudes you might actually make a difference with nonviolent resistance.

More worthless tripe. Like I said you never read Gandhi. Violence is a very effective tool, when applied skillfully. Fools think otherwise.
The 2nd amendment includes the right to own and use a lot more then a rifle or pistol. The most dangerous weapon on the face of the earth is not nuclear, chemical, or conventionally biological. The most dangerous weapon on the planet is a pissed off hairless monkey. They don't NEED a gun to wreck havoc.

you think nato saved you but you also know there were jihadists

anyway

Jihadists were in Bosnia. I think that is why it lasted as long. It had too many variables just like Syria has.

We did not accept their offer to "intervene." I am so glad that we did not. Perhaps it would have lasted as long here too.

More worthless tripe. Like I said you never read Gandhi. Violence is a very effective tool, when applied skillfully. Fools think otherwise.
The 2nd amendment includes the right to own and use a lot more then a rifle or pistol. The most dangerous weapon on the face of the earth is not nuclear, chemical, or conventionally biological. The most dangerous weapon on the planet is a pissed off hairless monkey. They don't NEED a gun to wreck havoc.
You are just buying into some stupid infowars BS attempt to coopt Gandhi's nonviolent resistance by reading a few quotes out of context.

Quote mining is the favorite tool of the conspiracy theorist. You have bought it hook line and sinker. You should apply a little critical thought and look at facts objectively:thumbs:

Then you will see how incredibly wrong you are.

Last edited:
You are misting buying into some stupid infowars BS attempt to coopt Gandhi's nonviolent resistance by reading a few quotes out of context.

Quote mining is the favorite tool of the conspiracy theorist. You have bought it hook line and sinker. You should apply a little critical thought and look at facts objectively:thumbs:

Then you will see how incredibly wrong you are.

No I have read Gandhi actually, an interesting man with whom I agree with a lot of things but not ALL things. Gandhi is NOT a Quaker in his pacifism. I doubt you will even get that reference.

Really, I am a conspiracy theorist now. News to me. So what was it I am supposed to be espousing this time. The moon is made of cheese? Obama is a space alien?

Yes I have been known to be wrong. More often than not to tell the truth. That doesn't make me wrong now. You however....... never mind, the moderators would ding me for cruelty.

No I have read Gandhi actually, an interesting man with whom I agree with a lot of things but not ALL things. Gandhi is NOT a Quaker in his pacifism. I doubt you will even get that reference.

Really, I am a conspiracy theorist now. News to me. So what was it I am supposed to be espousing this time. The moon is made of cheese? Obama is a space alien?

Yes I have been known to be wrong. More often than not to tell the truth. That doesn't make me wrong now. You however....... never mind, the moderators would ding me for cruelty.

Yeah I've heard your special brand of lunatic-fringe balderdash before, from Alex Jones and that ilk. Gandhi REALLY supported violent resistance, those Libbos have it all wrong. Up is down, black is white, Reagan never raised taxes!

Last edited:
Yeah I've hard your special brand of lunatic-fringe balderdash before, from Alex Jones and that ilk. Gandhi REALLY supported violent resistance, those Libbos have it all wrong. Up is down, black is white, Reagan never raised taxes!

The lunatic fringe position is the one that claims that the second amendment does not guarantee individual ownership of weapons or that owning a weapon is insane. Reagan's net impact-lower taxes

Yeah I've heard your special brand of lunatic-fringe balderdash before, from Alex Jones and that ilk. Gandhi REALLY supported violent resistance, those Libbos have it all wrong. Up is down, black is white, Reagan never raised taxes!

You really doing well making your point. Really. No Really.

I wonder if the moderators are going to ding me for clubbing baby seals?

You really doing well making your point. Really. No Really.

I wonder if the moderators are going to ding me for clubbing baby seals?
Sarcasm is the last bastion of the failed argument. Sad.

If you really had any clue what you were talking about the you would be able to argue cogently. You could, for explain, explain with citations why you think Gandhi advocates violent resistance. But since you are so obviously wrong, I imagine this is difficult to do.

Correlation does not equal causation. The video does not show that there is a causal relationship between disarmament and the rise of oppressive dictatorship.

Oppressive dictators rise before disarmament. So you're right. But disarmament is a symptom of a oppressive regime. And more than that video shows that. After all, dictators do not want the people to rise against them as they know that the shear numbers of armed common people can always overwhelm any army.

Back
Top Bottom