• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kirsten Gillibrand Launches 2020 Presidential Exploratory Committee

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...oratory-committee_us_5c37a3e1e4b0c469d76c52f0

The New York senator is the latest high-profile Democrat to confirm that she is seriously considering a bid to oust President Donald Trump.

NEW YORK ― Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) has launched an exploratory committee to begin raising money for a possible 2020 presidential campaign, she said Tuesday during an appearance on “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.”

“I’m filing an exploratory committee for president of the United States ― tonight!” Gillibrand told host Stephen Colbert, eliciting cheers from the studio audience.
======================================================
An attractive young woman & politician, but is she a) electable and b) able to go toe to toe with Trump?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...oratory-committee_us_5c37a3e1e4b0c469d76c52f0

The New York senator is the latest high-profile Democrat to confirm that she is seriously considering a bid to oust President Donald Trump.

NEW YORK ― Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) has launched an exploratory committee to begin raising money for a possible 2020 presidential campaign, she said Tuesday during an appearance on “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.”

“I’m filing an exploratory committee for president of the United States ― tonight!” Gillibrand told host Stephen Colbert, eliciting cheers from the studio audience.
An attractive young woman & politician, but is she a) electable and b) able to go toe to toe with Trump?

She will go nowhere.

Not known well enough in key states she would need to take in order to make a real run at Trump in 2020, this one might be a complete waste of time.

Tulsi Gabbard declaring was a way bigger story than this, but oddly enough there doesn't seem to be a topic I'm aware of.

Before everyone writes her off remember she is the junior senator from NY. So she is well known in the Mid-Atlantic states. The fact that the senior senator from NY should not be forgotten. If they have a good relationship that would be helpful. Plenty of money in NY for the run. So there will be several plusses. In addition this will be a large field,so it is not like anyone will need a large percent of voters in the early primaries to be allowed to move on.

Tulsi Gabbard declaring was a way bigger story than this, but oddly enough there doesn't seem to be a topic I'm aware of.

As a Democrat or as a Republican?

Not known well enough in key states she would need to take in order to make a real run at Trump in 2020, this one might be a complete waste of time.

Don't be so sure. Remember that the last two Democratic Presidents were not favorites to win when the primaries began. And this field is going to be wide open at the start.

Don't be so sure. Remember that the last two Democratic Presidents were not favorites to win when the primaries began. And this field is going to be wide open at the start.

I saw her on the Maddow show today. I'm from NY & there are four NY politicians who may run. She's the most
unqualified of a really unsuitable bunch. Coumo, Bloomberg & de Blasio will be fishing in the same pond, they'll be
no 'favorite son' taking the wad of primary delegates NY has say like Trump did in the Republican primary in 2016.

She has no political instincts as evidenced by her comments on Bill Clinton & Al Franken & need I add she actually
honored the "Mattress Girl" of Columbia by inviting her to Obama's State of the Union address in 2015.

an intellectual light weight. she's sort of the anti -Schumer. She's in the same league as K Harris intellectually but doesn't have nearly as much special interest appeal.

I saw her on the Maddow show today. I'm from NY & there are four NY politicians who may run. She's the most
unqualified of a really unsuitable bunch. Coumo, Bloomberg & de Blasio will be fishing in the same pond, they'll be
no 'favorite son' taking the wad of primary delegates NY has say like Trump did in the Republican primary in 2016.

She has no political instincts as evidenced by her comments on Bill Clinton & Al Franken & need I add she actually
honored the "Mattress Girl" of Columbia by inviting her to Obama's State of the Union address in 2015.

I'm sorry, was I supposed to care what a conservative thinks about a Democrat? You guys blew that load already.

I'll never forgive her for what she did to Franken.
That said, I also doubt she will win the primary.

I'm sorry, was I supposed to care what a conservative thinks about a Democrat? You guys blew that load already.

They blow a lot of loads often and frequently, and with great gusto.
The Kimberly-Clarke Corp. is glad they exist.

By championing Ms. Sulkowicz Gillibrand participated in a harassment campaign against Paul Nungesser, who, for good reason,
has been found innocent by all investigating bodies.” Columbia 'mattress girl' made rape claim after being scorned.
Nungesser's lawyer, Andrew Miltenberg, notes that the settlement (for an undisclosed amount) gives the real victim
here “a chance to go on with his life and recover from the false accusation against him.

Will Mattress Girl’s backers learn from Columbia’s mistake? Not Gillibrand!
Gillibrand 'The Madame Defarge of New York' was at it again with her remarks about the accusations of
sexual assault against Kavanaugh. “I believe Dr. Blasey Ford,” she announced during a press conference
because "she’s telling the truth.”

As a mere footnote in NY government & backstabber of members of her own party Al Franken & Bill Cliinton she'll
be more remembered not as a failed candidate for president but more so as a serial backer of false accussers

Last edited:
By championing Ms. Sulkowicz Gillibrand participated in a harassment campaign against Paul Nungesser, who, for good reason,
has been found innocent by all investigating bodies.” Columbia 'mattress girl' made rape claim after being scorned.
Nungesser's lawyer, Andrew Miltenberg, notes that the settlement (for an undisclosed amount) gives the real victim
here “a chance to go on with his life and recover from the false accusation against him.

Will Mattress Girl’s backers learn from Columbia’s mistake? Not Gillibrand!
Gillibrand 'The Madame Defarge of New York' was at it again with her remarks about the accusations of
sexual assault against Kavanaugh. “I believe Dr. Blasey Ford,” she announced during a press conference
because "she’s telling the truth.”

As a mere footnote in NY government & backstabber of members of her own party Al Franken & Bill Cliinton she'll
be more remembered not as a failed candidate for president but more so as a serial backer of false accussers

Fascinating stuff! I'm sure Alex Jones would love to get a hold of that.

Fascinating stuff! I'm sure Alex Jones would love to get a hold of that.

Not just Alex Jones but anyone interested in factual information should or ought to be in the loop about the
odd impulses of this lame candidate!

Not just Alex Jones but anyone interested in factual information should or ought to be in the loop about the
odd impulses of this lame candidate!

Your opinion has been noted. ;)

Back
Top Bottom