• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kirk Herbstreit breaks down in tears during emotional message on racial injustice

Risky Thicket

Sewer Rat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Mods, I posted this in this forum because while it is sports related it isn't about sports. It is a story much broader than sports.

[FONT=&quot]"College GameDay" on Saturday had a different vibe to it. Boxes from the panelists' homes took up the screen instead of a set on a boisterous college campus. The crew broke down an emaciated slate of games, due to the coronavirus pandemic, for college football's first weekend of multiple games. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]There was also the raw emotion displayed by analyst Kirk Herbstreit, who serves as the network's top color commentator on broadcasts alongside play-by-play announcer Chris Fowler. Herbstreit, a former Ohio State Buckeyes quarterback and father of two Clemson Tigers football players, broke down in tears during the show's segment on the intersection of the country's racial justice movement and college football.
[/FONT]

USA Today

Mods, I posted this in this forum because while it is sports related it isn't about sports. It is a story much broader than sports.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

USA Today

Link doesn’t take me to Game Day...

[/FONT][/COLOR]

USA Today

I understand what you mean.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.”

Ben Frankin.

The problem is that this isn't okay. We need to establish that. The problem is many blind Trump supporters and racists who think Trayvon Martin deserved to die because he was wearing a hoodie.

The unaffected aren't outraged, they are overjoyed seeing cops kill blacks. It is absolutely disgusting and sickening.

LOL...Who the hell's he trying to impress?

What a wuss crying like a little girl. When are grown men going to start acting like men and stop with all of this silly virtue signaling? If Black communities are "hurting" so bad, I'd suggest they stop killing each other first and show the country how much their lives matter.

Sports figures need to just shut up and play their game. Today's sports figures are worse than your typical Hollywood attention whores when it comes being preachy.

What a wuss crying like a little girl. When are grown men going to start acting like men and stop with all of this silly virtue signaling? If Black communities are "hurting" so bad, I'd suggest they stop killing each other first and show the country how much their lives matter.

Sports figures need to just shut up
and play their game. Today's sports figures are worse than your typical Hollywood attention whores when it comes being preachy.

Good thing you live where you do because in a progressive area you would be called out for these Neanderthalic comments.

It is hard for me to believe that in 2020 real people like you exist in this country.

no wonder the once great America is now a ****hole.

this is yet another American's video that will piss the **** out of the racists.

Good thing you live where you do because in a progressive area you would be called out for these Neanderthalic comments.

You are demonstrating the typical liberal disconnect from reality. I live in a blue state and an even bluer county. What makes you believe my opinions are only possible in a red state?

It is hard for me to believe that in 2020 real people like you exist in this country.

And this is why you liberals lost in 2016, and were effectively blindsided- -and why you all went out into the streets wailing and moaning "not my president". 4 years later you are repeating the same mistakes, believing that yours is the only opinion. And just like this goofball sports guy who's only reality is being around fellow athletes in a locker room or on a game field/court surrounded by cheering fans, he has NO CLUE about what is real and what is not real. But he spouts off his "feelings" same way as some dopey broad on some liberal woman's morning talk show panel does in front of their adoring studio audience made up of vapid clueless drones.

no wonder the once great America is now a ****hole.

No wonder your side lost and will lose again. My opinion on this issue is not rare, but your side doesn't hear enough of it...or you just close your minds off to it and bury your heads in the sand because it doesn't fit your skewed perspective... it doesn't reinforce your "feelings". All that is left after that is YOUR disappointment---and for some of you (not saying you) to go out on a tantrum when things don't go your way.

You are demonstrating the typical liberal disconnect from reality. I live in a blue state and an even bluer county. What makes you believe my opinions are only possible in a red state?

And this is why you liberals lost in 2016, and were effectively blindsided- -and why you all went out into the streets wailing and moaning "not my president". 4 years later you are repeating the same mistakes, believing that yours is the only opinion. And just like this goofball sports guy who's only reality is being around fellow athletes in a locker room or on a game field/court surrounded by cheering fans, he has NO CLUE about what is real and what is not real. But he spouts off his "feelings" same way as some dopey broad on some liberal woman's morning talk show panel does in front of their adoring studio audience made up of vapid clueless drones.

No wonder your side lost and will lose again. My opinion on this issue is not rare, but your side doesn't hear enough of it...or you just close your minds off to it and bury your heads in the sand because it doesn't fit your skewed perspective... it doesn't reinforce your "feelings". All that is left after that is YOUR disappointment---and for some of you (not saying you) to go out on a tantrum when things don't go your way.

deplorable

deplorable
Republicans will be giving themselves a pat in the back for winning in 2016 long after the next Democratic president is elected.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

[/FONT][/COLOR]

USA Today

Woke dude cries over something that isn't as bad as the media are trying to claim it is. While things have been getting better, even under Trump, than they were in the past, the media not only light the match but throw gasoline on the fire, trying to convince us that there is systemic racism.

We know that "racism is good" is an opinion people have. That doesn't mean people with that opinion deserve the slightest bit of respect.

:shrug:

We know that "racism is good" is an opinion people have. That doesn't mean people with that opinion deserve the slightest bit of respect.

Having the respect of a thief is not noble or noteworthy

A key fault of liberals is their inability to reason. That's why they like fuzzy science, truth over facts and off the wall abstract stuff.

A key fault of liberals is their inability to reason. That's why they like fuzzy science, truth over facts and off the wall abstract stuff.

Says disinformation campaign supporting American GOP narrative that AGW is a hoax, that COVID-19's seriousness is a hoax, that windmills give you cancer, and that 5g is ...whatever the stupid **** it's supposed to be per the conspiracy theory

I never said racism is good. But what I am saying is that there isn't as much racism in America as you lefties keep insisting there is. But being that you are running out of "V is for Victimhood" narrative, you have to keep looking for boogeymen.

The oppressed population of the United States warns that to board up houses and shops with plywood before they are looted is a manifestation of racism!

The problem is that this isn't okay. We need to establish that. The problem is many blind Trump supporters and racists who think Trayvon Martin deserved to die because he was wearing a hoodie.

The unaffected aren't outraged, they are overjoyed seeing cops kill blacks. It is absolutely disgusting and sickening.
No, Trayvon was killed because he threatened a guy with a gun.
This is what happens when low IQ interferes with the high art of predicting outcomes, aka "white privilege".
According to statistics, thugs are what thugs are because of their IQ deficiency.

You forgot feeeeelings.

Stop right there. Let's take a close look at your so-called 'fuzzy science, truth over facts'. I won't even bother to go back to point out the number of times Trump has thumbed his nose at the US Constitution and ignored established precedent and rule of law. I won't go back there because I only need to quote Trump's words from less than one day ago.

"Get rid of the ballots, and you'll have a very - you'll have a very peaceful - there won't be a transfer, frankly, there'll be a continuation."

Translate that for all of us. Did Trump say something obscure or vague? No, he was very clear. The central core of any democracy is a 'peaceful transition of power'. If a candidate does not abide by the outcome of a democratic election, we are no longer a democracy. It's as simple as that. Trump's words weren't 'fuzzy' or misinterpreted. Trump will do everything to interfere with our democratic election and remain in power. He will proclaim himself president for life. And there's nothing anyone could do about it.

Stop right there. Let's take a close look at your so-called 'fuzzy science, truth over facts'. I won't even bother to go back to point out the number of times Trump has thumbed his nose at the US Constitution and ignored established precedent and rule of law. I won't go back there because I only need to quote Trump's words from less than one day ago.

"Get rid of the ballots, and you'll have a very - you'll have a very peaceful - there won't be a transfer, frankly, there'll be a continuation."

Translate that for all of us. Did Trump say something obscure or vague? No, he was very clear. The central core of any democracy is a 'peaceful transition of power'. If a candidate does not abide by the outcome of a democratic election, we are no longer a democracy. It's as simple as that. Trump's words weren't 'fuzzy' or misinterpreted. Trump will do everything to interfere with our democratic election and remain in power. He will proclaim himself president for life. And there's nothing anyone could do about it.
And you know all this how?
And thanks for that Civics 101 lecture.

Back
Top Bottom