• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kiosks Eliminating Jobs

Obviously, it is useless to continue this conversation with you.

That's probably true because if you continue, I'm going to insist that you answer my questions and explain who those highly paid govt employees are and why they don't like kiosks.

The facts are that kiosks of all kinds are coming. Some are here, already. They will reduce the number of employees needed. You can play word games. You can pretend that you don't understand. But you can't change the fact that automation is going to put a lot of people out of work. As the price of technology comes down and the price of labor goes up, there will be more automation.

The fact is you said "I'm betting the highly paid government employees at the tag office don't like these kiosks." and now you're running away from my challenge to explain who these people are and why they don't like these kiosks.

That's probably true because if you continue, I'm going to insist that you answer my questions and explain who those highly paid govt employees are and why they don't like kiosks.

The fact is you said "I'm betting the highly paid government employees at the tag office don't like these kiosks." and now you're running away from my challenge to explain who these people are and why they don't like these kiosks.

You don't to discuss anything. You are dismissed.

Sent from my iPad Pro 12.9" AT&T using Tapatalk

Wendy's workers will lose jobs to robots - Tech Insider

I predict they will be very popular with the public, there will be no blowback for this effort to eliminate jobs. Applebee's I think was the first to go all in on replacing order takers with self serve tech , and it is working from what I hear.

I don't think the screen actually reduces jobs at Applebee's though, at least at my local Applebee's in silverdale they still have the numbers of staff in a restaurant, because they still bring you your food and check up on you, but it allows staff to be used more effeciently

I don't think the screen actually reduces jobs at Applebee's though, at least at my local Applebee's in silverdale they still have the numbers of staff in a restaurant, because they still bring you your food and check up on you, but it allows staff to be used more effeciently

But if those staff are more efficient, then they should be able to handle a couple more tables, which should be able to reduce staffing at least a little. Now, this isn't at that point yet but as more people start using the screens it will help. The other day, I actually ordered my meal at Outback Steakhouse prior to arriving at the restaurant. I actually was already on the list when I arrived, therefore had no wait to get seated. They call it "Plan your visit" in the app.

Back
Top Bottom