• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

King's Dark Tower Coming to Theater's and TV

Redress

Liberal Fascist For Life!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Inside Pulse | Stephen King’s Dark Tower Series to Be Adapted for The Big and Little Screens

Ron Howard, Akiva Goldsmith, and Brian Grazer will be shepherding the project: Howard is set to direct, Goldsmith to write, and Grazer to produce. Goldsman had first mentioned The Dark Tower to Howard and Grazer while they worked on A Beautiful Mind nearly a decade ago.

According to Deadline’s Mike Flemming, the plan is to start with the feature film, and then create a bridge to the second feature with a season of TV episodes. That means the feature cast—and the big star who’ll play Deschain—also has to appear in the TV series before returning to the second film. After that sequel is done, the TV series picks up again, this time focusing on Deschain as a young gunslinger. Those storylines will be informed by a prequel comic book series that King was heavily involved in plotting. The third film would pick up the mature Deshain as he completes his journey. They will benefit from being able to use the same sets cast and crew for the movie and TV, which could help contain costs on what will be a financially ambitious undertaking.

This could be very very good.

May be hard to translate to the big screen tho.

I'm not all that sold on Ron Howard, he managed to completely fubar his Alamo movie.

Did he? I missed that one. There was some other movie he did that I thought wasn't so hot too, but I can't think of the name of it.

Did he? I missed that one. There was some other movie he did that I thought wasn't so hot too, but I can't think of the name of it.

it's one of the biggest box office flops of all time, in terms of cost to profit ratio.

Back
Top Bottom