• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

king obama decides illeagals can stay put

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
It seems our dictator, I mean president has decided the dream act is law. "Congress? We don't need no stinking congress".

"About 400,000 "Dreamers" have been allowed to stay in the United States in the year since the Obama administration began accepting applications for young illegal immigrants to defer deportation proceedings and receive work permits, according to data compiled by the Brookings Institution and released on the anniversary of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.
The numbers show that out of more than a half-million applicants for deferred action, more than three-quarters were accepted and just 1 percent denied. The applications were concentrated in states that already have large immigrant communities, such as California, Texas, New York, Illinois, and Florida. On the East Coast, the applications were from a more diverse set of countries while in the West, Midwest, and South the vast majority of applicants were from Mexico." "I believe that this president will be tempted, if nothing happens in Congress, to issue an executive order as he did for the Dream Act kids a year ago, where he basically legalizes 11 million people by the sign of a pen," Rubio said during an interview with radio station WFLA earlier this week.

In First Year of New Program, Deportation Is Deferred for 400,000 Young Immigrants - NationalJournal.com

It seems our dictator, I mean president has decided the dream act is law.
"Congress? We don't need no stinking congress"

"About 400,000 "Dreamers" have been allowed to stay in the United States in the year since the Obama administration began accepting applications for young illegal immigrants to defer deportation proceedings and receive work permits, according to data compiled by the Brookings Institution and released on the anniversary of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.
The numbers show that out of more than a half-million applicants for deferred action, more than three-quarters were accepted and just 1 percent denied. The applications were concentrated in states that already have large immigrant communities, such as California, Texas, New York, Illinois, and Florida. On the East Coast, the applications were from a more diverse set of countries while in the West, Midwest, and South the vast majority of applicants were from Mexico." "I believe that this president will be tempted, if nothing happens in Congress, to issue an executive order as he did for the Dream Act kids a year ago, where he basically legalizes 11 million people by the sign of a pen," Rubio said during an interview with radio station WFLA earlier this week.

In First Year of New Program, Deportation Is Deferred for 400,000 Young Immigrants - NationalJournal.com

When our do-nothing congress sits on its hands and does nothing, our democratically elected president has to step up and do something.
If the G-nO-P doesn't like what he does, maybe they'll wake up and do something.

But, judging by their past behavior I wouldn't bet on it. They would rather sit by and let Obama do what he wants to do so that they can snipe at him.

Last edited:
It seems our dictator, I mean president has decided the dream act is law.
"Congress? We don't need no stinking congress".

We definitely don't need a congress that sits on its hands and does nothing.

And that is exactly what we have now.

It seems our dictator, I mean president has decided the dream act is law. "Congress? We don't need no stinking congress".

Don't vote for Jeb Bush then.

Jeb Bush urges House to pass immigration reform – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

They're not doing nothing, they've voted to repeal Obamacare 40 times. :lamo

Notice how most "centrist" always agree with the radical left?

Congress should call his bluff and demand enforcement of the law.
Then repeal his golf budget and it will get done. He's not about
to sacraifice golf outings for a bunch of people that can't vote
for him anymore anyway.

Notice how most "centrist" always agree with the radical left?.

What I notice is the farther to the right you are the more to the left everyone else seems.

I don't recall the Cons screaming and calling BushII a king or dictator when he did executive orders or tried a series of end runs.

There is an old saying- what is gravy for the goose is sauce for the gander...

Enjoy the sauce boys.... :2wave:

It seems our dictator

The numbers show that out of more than a half-million applicants for deferred action, more than three-quarters were accepted and just 1 percent denied.

I love how the radical right uses empty rhetoric like King and dictator which should have these 'patriots' literally up in arms but instead just whining online. :roll:

Ever wonder why the moderates lean away from the TPs, Liberts, and hard right cons? The title of this thread says it all....

I quoted the applicants line because it is laughable. The entire story is just over half of those who could apply did so. 3/4th of those passed and oddly only 1% were denied. (so what is wrong with this math?)

Course we are talking about immigrants who were brought here as children- plenty of time to grow learn our ways and speak our tongue...
Course we are talking about 1/2 million out of 11 million total illegal immigrants- not exactly a game changing shift in demographics.
Course Executive Order has been used by presidents since Reagan infringed on the 2nd A on federal lands.
Course all this 'king' crap reminds me of when a hawk flies over the chicken yard- boy howdy do the feathers fly and the clucking is intense! :lamo

When our do-nothing congress sits on its hands and does nothing, our democratically elected president has to step up and do something.
If the G-nO-P doesn't like what he does, maybe they'll wake up and do something.

But, judging by their past behavior I wouldn't bet on it. They would rather sit by and let Obama do what he wants to do so that they can snipe at him.

Sitting on their hands is doing something. Opposition takes many forms. There is nothing that compels action on this front other than progressive wants of the day.

He doesn't have such power granted to him via the Constitution. Period. Oh, looking back I see yo are not even in this country, so perhaps that explains the confusion over how our system works. Why are you so interested in the politics of this country?

Some are never honest about their lean. Like they are ashamed of their own views.

I recall hearing an interview with the head of the ICE union (believe that's the union, either that or border patrol), saying they were being forced to go into jails to find 'dreamers'. If they said they qualified, they were then let go. Never heard anything about that other than the one union leader though.

I love how the radical right uses empty rhetoric like King and dictator which should have these 'patriots' literally up in arms but instead just whining online. :roll:

Ever wonder why the moderates lean away from the TPs, Liberts, and hard right cons? The title of this thread says it all....

I quoted the applicants line because it is laughable. The entire story is just over half of those who could apply did so. 3/4th of those passed and oddly only 1% were denied. (so what is wrong with this math?)

Course we are talking about immigrants who were brought here as children- plenty of time to grow learn our ways and speak our tongue...
Course we are talking about 1/2 million out of 11 million total illegal immigrants- not exactly a game changing shift in demographics.
Course Executive Order has been used by presidents since Reagan infringed on the 2nd A on federal lands.
Course all this 'king' crap reminds me of when a hawk flies over the chicken yard- boy howdy do the feathers fly and the clucking is intense! :lamo

When you act like a king or a dictator don't whine when people call you one.

Obama has done so much that spits on his Office, the laws of this Nation and the good, hard-working citizens. Is anyone surprised this has happened? I'm not. We saw the writing on the wall when he actively participated when the Democrats forced Obamacare down our throats. Not a month or two has gone by since then when he hasn't thumbed his nose at the Constitution and the laws of our great Nation since then.

Since the Democrats have a lock on one Chamber of Congress...the Senate...there is no solution. We can't live with him...and we can't get rid of him. The only thing left to do is put up with his destruction...hope the Republican House can minimize the damage...and make sure to never give the Democrats this kind of control ever again.

If we don't stop the Democrats at some point, our country will irrevocably die a slow death.

When you act like a king or a dictator don't whine when people call you one.

Laughing, IF he actually was 'acting like a king or dictator' the 'patriots' should do more than whine infront of a computer. I don't see the President commenting much on what the radical right call him.

Admit it, this is just more radical right whine that makes the more rational wonder what is in the water...

Laughing, IF he actually was 'acting like a king or dictator' the 'patriots' should do more than whine infront of a computer. I don't see the President commenting much on what the radical right call him.

Admit it, this is just more radical right whine that makes the more rational wonder what is in the water...

The radicle right as you call them doesn't riot, they vote and your constant declaration that they should turn to violence if they want Obama gone is very telling.

But he has no power to do so! Also if this was a republican deciding to not inforced gun laws you would want him impeached so stop being hypocritical.

Actually I think that's exactly what we need we don't need more laws if anything we need the to start repealing some.

Oops, sorry,I guess that we have to give them some kind of credit for that.

Responds to the one guy that has the same views. Ignores all else.

Congress should call his bluff and demand enforcement of the law.
Then repeal his golf budget and it will get done. He's not about
to sacraifice golf outings for a bunch of people that can't vote
for him anymore anyway.

Were vacations a problem for you when GW visited the White House once in a while when he held office? "because the president who took the most vacations was none other than Republican George W. Bush. He was on vacation for 1,020 days, more than any U.S President since Herbert Hoover."

He doesn't have such power granted to him via the Constitution. Period. Oh, looking back I see yo are not even in this country, so perhaps that explains the confusion over how our system works.
Why are you so interested in the politics of this country?

Some are never honest about their lean. Like they are ashamed of their own views.

I recall hearing an interview with the head of the ICE union (believe that's the union, either that or border patrol), saying they were being forced to go into jails to find 'dreamers'. If they said they qualified, they were then let go. Never heard anything about that other than the one union leader though.

I am interested in US politics because I am a U.S. citizen and I vote in the elections.

I am interested in US politics because I am a U.S. citizen and I vote in the elections.

Then you should be aware of what power the Constitution gives the president, and what it does NOT give the president. But based on your posts, it seems you do know or understand that.

Until such basic knowledge is obtained, voting might not be in the best interests of our nation.

Were vacations a problem for you when GW visited the White House once in a while when he held office? "because the president who took the most vacations was none other than Republican George W. Bush. He was on vacation for 1,020 days, more than any U.S President since Herbert Hoover."

He didn't mention vacation, he mentioned all the time spent playing golf.

Obama has done so much that spits on his Office, the laws of this Nation and the good, hard-working citizens. Is anyone surprised this has happened? I'm not. We saw the writing on the wall when he actively participated when the Democrats forced Obamacare down our throats. Not a month or two has gone by since then when he hasn't thumbed his nose at the Constitution and the laws of our great Nation since then.

Since the Democrats have a lock on one Chamber of Congress...the Senate...there is no solution. We can't live with him...and we can't get rid of him. The only thing left to do is put up with his destruction...
hope the Republican House can minimize the damage...and make sure to never give the Democrats this kind of control ever again.

If we don't stop the Democrats at some point, our country will irrevocably die a slow death.

By no later than 2050 the Democratic Party will have a President in the White House, a majority in the House and the Senate and every Supreme Court Justice will be a liberal.

Don't think so? Wait and see.

The radicle right as you call them doesn't riot, they vote and your constant declaration that they should turn to violence if they want Obama gone is very telling.

The 'radical' right doesn't back it's rhetoric- THAT is the point... all this King and dictator crap but don't move a muscle. My 'constant declaration' is for all the foment the right wing does over what the 2nd A is for, they don't even twitch.. :mrgreen:

My point is the empty rhetoric is just that...empty angry old man rants. The 'IF you believe you should be marching' lines are to show in stark contrast how impotent the Cons are and how disconnected most are from reality.

Get over it, Executive order for roughly 3% of the illegals, and these are all children brought here, to be able to make an application for remaining is not being king... it is being effective.

By no later than 2050 the Democratic Party will have a President in the White House, a majority in the House and the Senate and every Supreme Court Justice will be a liberal.

Don't think so? Wait and see.

Sure they will, some day. As many though out time have pointed out, as the electorate become dumber, they elect dumber people, that will give them more free stuff. I think we have hit the tipping point where there is no return. Now how about being honest about that 'lean'?

Back
Top Bottom