• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

king obama decides illeagals can stay put

So it can be voted down by the Senate, and then the House will just do it again. Sounds exactly like a wonderful use of time and money.

It's the way that the clowns in the GOP like to 'work'.

Better days are coming." But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Well...this thread has devolved into absurdity in a hurry. Just as well, I guess. At least we don't have the Obama-apologists going through their gyrations while attempting to dismiss, deflect and generally ignore Obama's actions anymore.

Though I have to say that these kinds of threads are getting to be quite predictable.

So it goes.

Well...this thread has devolved into absurdity in a hurry. Just as well, I guess. At least we don't have the Obama-apologists going through their gyrations while attempting to dismiss, deflect and generally ignore Obama's actions anymore. Though I have to say that these kinds of threads are getting to be quite predictable. So it goes.

Quite predictable... the President uses his authority to approve the application process for 4% of the illegal immigrants- children brought here- and the Cons scream King, Tyrant, Despot like it is 1775 only problem is they remain firmly seated at home... :roll:

Funny how the Cons start these 'king crap' threads and they later claim it devolved... I say when you start with the absurd you shouldn't be surprised when it stays there... ;)

Quite predictable... the President uses his authority to approve the application process for 4% of the illegal immigrants- children brought here- and the Cons scream King, Tyrant, Despot like it is 1775 only problem is they remain firmly seated at home... :roll:

Funny how the Cons start these 'king crap' threads and they later claim it devolved... I say when you start with the absurd you shouldn't be surprised when it stays there... ;)

Did you deliberately misunderstand my post? Or did you do it on purpose?

btw, I didn't start this thread.

At least we don't have the Obama-apologists going through their gyrations while attempting to dismiss, deflect and generally ignore Obama's actions anymore.

Oh, they shift a bit here and there, but are always predictable. And always hypocrites.

Notice how most "centrist" always agree with the radical left?

Congress should call his bluff and demand enforcement of the law.
Then repeal his golf budget and it will get done. He's not about
to sacraifice golf outings for a bunch of people that can't vote
for him anymore anyway.

I'll never understand the rights' obsession with Obama playing golf. :shrug:

He doesn't have such power granted to him via the Constitution. Period. Oh, looking back I see yo are not even in this country, so perhaps that explains the confusion over how our system works. Why are you so interested in the politics of this country?

Some are never honest about their lean. Like they are ashamed of their own views.

I recall hearing an interview with the head of the ICE union (believe that's the union, either that or border patrol), saying they were being forced to go into jails to find 'dreamers'. If they said they qualified, they were then let go. Never heard anything about that other than the one union leader though.
Oh, please. Obama's done nothing that violates the Constitution. That should be as obvious to you as it has to the Republican-led House, which surely would have impeached him, had he. Presidents are allowed to write executive orders and I don't know that there's even been a president who hasn't.

I wouldn't expect any other option from a party line liberal.

Maybe you just don't understand U.S. civics? Writing executive orders in itself is not unconstituonal. Just about all presidents, if not all, have used them. The use of them is deemed constitutional by the clause instructing a president to faithfully execute the laws. Now it is possible for a specific executive order to be rendered unconstitutional depending on the order it dictates; and there are legal remedies in our system to handle such a derelict order. That appears not to be the case here as Obama's EO remains unchallenged by any of those remedies.

There are several parts to it for me,

One the man stood in front of us dozens of times and told us to "sacrafice" for this country, pay more or do more - he played golf.
And his outings for us the tax payer are pricey for his protection - which I totally support his protection - but he should be cognicent
of what it costs us and think about "sacraficing" himself a little.

Another was simple that GW Bush who obummesr cronies kept saying "Bush did it" didn't play a lot of golf while in the White House,
and in fact didn't play during much of the Iraq encounter which was most of his term - he literally said he didn't feel right about
playing golf while troops were in harms way. obummer couldn't even meet with his jobs council once in a year but managed 25 +
rounds of golf?

Finally the sheer magnatude of his relentless pursuit of a little white ball (or orange one I guess) in playing well over a 100 plus
rounds, add to this his vacations, weekend trips, lavish parties - much of it at our expense during a time when his people are
suffereing is inept leadership and pathetic - its like that of a dictator not of a leader.

I'll never understand the rights' obsession with Obama playing golf. :shrug:

There are several parts to it for me,

One the man stood in front of us dozens of times and told us to "sacrafice" for this country, pay more or do more - he played golf.
And his outings for us the tax payer are pricey for his protection - which I totally support his protection - but he should be cognicent
of what it costs us and think about "sacraficing" himself a little.

Another was simple that GW Bush who obummesr cronies kept saying "Bush did it" didn't play a lot of golf while in the White House,
and in fact didn't play during much of the Iraq encounter which was most of his term - he literally said he didn't feel right about
playing golf while troops were in harms way. obummer couldn't even meet with his jobs council once in a year but managed 25 +
rounds of golf?

Finally the sheer magnatude of his relentless pursuit of a little white ball (or orange one I guess) in playing well over a 100 plus
rounds, add to this his vacations, weekend trips, lavish parties - much of it at our expense during a time when his people are
suffereing is inept leadership and pathetic - its like that of a dictator not of a leader.
This is exactly the part I don't get? While the president's job is a 24/7 job, that doesn't mean the president works 24 hours per day. Wouldn't you agree the president is entitled to at least a few hours off every week? On call, of course, but how many hours per week would you say the president is allowed to take for themselves?

As far as security, presidents always have a security detail on watch. Even when they're in the White House. Bush frequently rode a bike. He possibly logged more hours doing that than Obama has hit the links. That too required security. Same with Clinton before him who, if I recall, used to jog frequently. What I don't recall were complaints about either of those activities. So why now?

And I'd stay clear of criticizing him over vacations if I were you. Few presidents, if any, even come close to the amount of vacation time Bush used. And Bushes frequent trips to his Crawford ranch cost tax payers far more than Obama has cost us in all his trips combined.

I would not steer clear of bushes trips to his homes, and please show me where those trips cost more than Ofailures outings? Bush set up a working white house, took meetings and engaged in the daily business of working while at his easily protected home. How many times does O'loser go home like that?

Convenient you ignored Ofailures constant demand for sacrifice while giving none himself?

This is exactly the part I don't get? While the president's job is a 24/7 job, that doesn't mean the president works 24 hours per day. Wouldn't you agree the president is entitled to at least a few hours off every week? On call, of course, but how many hours per week would you say the president is allowed to take for themselves?

As far as security, presidents always have a security detail on watch. Even when they're in the White House. Bush frequently rode a bike. He possibly logged more hours doing that than Obama has hit the links. That too required security. Same with Clinton before him who, if I recall, used to jog frequently. What I don't recall were complaints about either of those activities. So why now?

And I'd stay clear of criticizing him over vacations if I were you. Few presidents, if any, even come close to the amount of vacation time Bush used. And Bushes frequent trips to his Crawford ranch cost tax payers far more than Obama has cost us in all his trips combined.

Laughing, IF he actually was 'acting like a king or dictator' the 'patriots' should do more than whine infront of a computer. I don't see the President commenting much on what the radical right call him.

Admit it, this is just more radical right whine that makes the more rational wonder what is in the water...

In a nutshell.

But tell me you don't enjoy watching them wallow in their whine and gnash their teeth.

Admit it. They are fun to watch!

Did you deliberately misunderstand my post? Or did you do it on purpose?

btw, I didn't start this thread.

Oh I know you didn't start it, but a Con did and now a con whines it has devolved.

Predictable, can't debate so it's whine time... :2wave:

In a nutshell. But tell me you don't enjoy watching them wallow in their whine and gnash their teeth. Admit it. They are fun to watch!

Dammitt, you have exposed my till now private vice! they love to puff up over the 2nd A and defending against a would be king all the while using the word King at the drop of a hat. :roll:

They sure work themselves up into a right fine lather.... :lamo

Oh I know you didn't start it, but a Con did and now a con whines it has devolved.

Predictable, can't debate so it's whine time... :2wave:

No conservatives have been whining. A topic was presented for debate. Unfortunately, people of your ilk want no part of debate. Instead, you divert, apologize, minimize and derail. And, now...since all of that has been ineffective you resort to ridicule.

But hey, I'm sure the OP expected all of your tactics. I know I did. At the very least, this thread is one more exposure of your intellectual wasteland.

Carry on, my progressive friend. I know you have nothing else.

If you can find where I ever said otherwise, you might have something to go on. Rather, you'll find me having said exactly that.

Wow, 0 to screeching assumption in 1.7 seconds.

Well a thread ignorantly associating Obama as a dictator is quite redundant. Obama still does what Bush did almost 10 years ago. If Obama is a dictator then dummy Bush before him was as well. Therefore us Americans have been living under a dictatorship for over 12 years

No conservatives have been whining. A topic was presented for debate. Unfortunately, people of your ilk want no part of debate. Instead, you divert, apologize, minimize and derail. And, now...since all of that has been ineffective you resort to ridicule. But hey, I'm sure the OP expected all of your tactics. I know I did. At the very least, this thread is one more exposure of your intellectual wasteland. Carry on, my progressive friend. I know you have nothing else.

You always make me smile, you Cons can't debate so you try and set-up a false narrative on your political opposites. There is NOTHING KING-like in President Obama going ahead with allowing 4% of the illegal immigrants to apply for work permits and a chance at citizenship. These around half of the estimated number of children brought here and they have passed a Homeland Security check.

It isn't a granting of citizenship.
It doesn't protect them from further scrutiny
It doesn't require congressional approval.

But what is very much open to ridicule is the constant drumbeat of KING, DICTATOR, TYRANT the whining right seems to be stuck on. Face it, that isn't helping the Con Cause, but of late little is.

The quickest way to test the KING, DICTATOR, TYRANT crap is IF you Con self styled 'Patriots' truly believed your crap then the 2nd A hardliners who claim the 2nd Amendment to our Constitution gives them the right to armed rebellion in the face of the KDT 'threat' would already be marching, instead of sitting infront of their computers whining.

I know quite a bit, to include how full of crap the KING, DICTATOR, TYRANT whines are.... but keep them going- Hillary appreciates your hard 'work' at the keyboards... :lamo

Well a thread ignorantly associating Obama as a dictator is quite redundant. Obama still does what Bush did almost 10 years ago. If Obama is a dictator then dummy Bush before him was as well. Therefore us Americans have been living under a dictatorship for over 12 years

Sorry...you are late to the party.

The "Bush did it, too" BS has already been used by the progressives and liberals. That tactic has been dismissed already.

The "Bush did it, too" BS has already been used by the progressives and liberals. That tactic has been dismissed already.

No its not a tactic. There are a lot of policies within Obama's presidency that are still apart of the Bush era. Would you like for me to show you?

No its not a tactic. There are a lot of policies within Obama's presidency that are still apart of the Bush era. Would you like for me to show you?

It is a tactic. It's a way to excuse Obama...because Bush did it. Nothing more. If Bush did this sort of thing, it doesn't make it right, you know. But you know what Bush and conservatives never did? They never tried to excuse any of Bush's actions..."because Democrats did it". That tactic is all liberal...and it doesn't work.

I suggest you read the thread...see what has already been used by your ilk...find something new. Otherwise you are just repeating yourself.

Notice how most "centrist" always agree with the radical left?

Yeah, conservatives are so isolated after alienating everybody with their bizarre views.

Yep, conservatives must ignore history. It's the only option they have.

Yep, conservatives must ignore history. It's the only option they have.

LOL!! I'm not ignoring history. I'm just not allowing the "Bush did it, too" tactic to excuse Obama...because it doesn't.

If your neighbor beats his wife, does that make it ok if you beat your wife? Are you doing something acceptable?

By your thinking, it is okay. Thats seems to me to be a morally and ethically bankrupt attitude. But then liberals and progressives have the market cornered on being morally and ethically bankrupt...since this sort of thing is okay with them.

Last edited:
I would not steer clear of bushes trips to his homes, and please show me where those trips cost more than Ofailures outings? Bush set up a working white house, took meetings and engaged in the daily business of working while at his easily protected home. How many times does O'loser go home like that?
Based on reported estimates, Obama spent somewhere between $30m and $40m on vacations.

NOT counting any of Bush's vacations other than to his ranch in Crawford ...

Distance from D.C. to Crawford: 1,447 miles

2x to get back to D.C.: 2,894 miles

cruising speed of AF1: 600 mph

travel time: 4.82 hours

cost to fly AF1: $180,000/hour

one single trip to his ranch and back: $868,200

77x for the 77 trips he made during his 8 years as president: $66,851,400

Convenient you ignored Ofailures constant demand for sacrifice while giving none himself?
Don't be ridiculous, I've ignored no such thing. You haven't shown that Obama hasn't made any sacrifices. Just because he didn't give up golf, by no means, proves he's made no sacrifices.

Back
Top Bottom