• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

king obama decides illeagals can stay put

By no later than 2050 the Democratic Party will have a President in the White House, a majority in the House and the Senate and every Supreme Court Justice will be a liberal.

Don't think so? Wait and see.

You very well could be right. Especially if our citizens continue to embrace more dependency of the federal government, continue to allow the federal government to seize more power and control over their lives. This, after all, is the goal of liberals, progressives and Democrats.

However, the complete control of our country by the Democrats that you envision being reality by 2050 will, in no way, prevent...and very well could hasten...the demise of our country. We've seen it happen elsewhere. It will happen here.

GW spent a lot of time at home, met dignitaries at his home, and used his home as a working white house. Does o'failure do that with the golf course! I don't think so. GWs trips home were a lot less costly then o'failure's constant attention to the 4 iron. Add to that o'failure's parties, weekend trips and weeks at the posh rental. Why doesn't tpyour dictator spend a month at " home" like GW did? Oh yeah the SS probably can't protect him adequately in one of the most dangerous bankrupt leftist cities in America.

Were vacations a problem for you when GW visited the White House once in a while when he held office? "because the president who took the most vacations was none other than Republican George W. Bush. He was on vacation for 1,020 days, more than any U.S President since Herbert Hoover."

When our do-nothing congress sits on its hands and does nothing, our democratically elected president has to step up and do something.
If the G-nO-P doesn't like what he does, maybe they'll wake up and do something.

But, judging by their past behavior I wouldn't bet on it. They would rather sit by and let Obama do what he wants to do so that they can snipe at him.

There's no Constitutional provision for the President suddenly having powers he doesn't just because the Congress doesn't do what he wants. He, of course, has claimed it a few times, saying he "won't take 'no' for an answer," and how he'd like to stay within the Constitutional system, but these aren't "normal" times.

Congress, of course, is not "doing nothing," but even if they were, that's their prerogative. They are not required to do anything, especially when it comes to amending existing law, whereas the President actually is -- the faithful execution of the laws. The laws as they are, not as he wants them to be.

But hey, as long as you get what you want, right? :roll:

The Constitutional system is more important than anyone's policy goals.

He doesn't have such power granted to him via the Constitution. Period. Oh, looking back I see yo are not even in this country, so perhaps that explains the confusion over how our system works. Why are you so interested in the politics of this country?

Some are never honest about their lean. Like they are ashamed of their own views.

I recall hearing an interview with the head of the ICE union (believe that's the union, either that or border patrol), saying they were being forced to go into jails to find 'dreamers'. If they said they qualified, they were then let go. Never heard anything about that other than the one union leader though.

When you act like a king or a dictator don't whine when people call you one.

It seems to me that just about every president takes vacations and tries to stretch his power a little further than the opposing party is comfortable with. So before you go calling Obama a King or dictator, consider this:

I believe GWB holds the record for vacations taken in office.

Also, he did a little reaching of his own:

George W. Bush's use of signing statements was and is controversial, both for the number of times employed (estimated at over 750 opinions[dubious – discuss]) and for the apparent attempt to nullify legal restrictions on his actions through claims made in the statements — for example, his signing statement attached to the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008

George W. Bush had issued 108 signing statements containing 505 constitutional challenges. As of January 30, 2008, he had signed 157 signing statements challenging over 1,100 provisions of federal law

The upswing in the use of signing statements during the Reagan administration coincides with the writing by Samuel A. Alito — then a staff attorney in the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel — of a 1986 memorandum making the case for "interpretive signing statements" as a tool to "increase the power of the Executive to shape the law."

Oh and Arbo, that shot at Shrub was cheep.

He doesn't have such power granted to him via the Constitution. Period. Oh, looking back I see yo are not even in this country, so perhaps that explains the confusion over how our system works. Why are you so interested in the politics of this country?

Some are never honest about their lean. Like they are ashamed of their own views.

I recall hearing an interview with the head of the ICE union (believe that's the union, either that or border patrol), saying they were being forced to go into jails to find 'dreamers'. If they said they qualified, they were then let go. Never heard anything about that other than the one union leader though.

When you act like a king or a dictator don't whine when people call you one.

He didn't mention vacation, he mentioned all the time spent playing golf.

Oh please. The point remains the same. You're splitting hairs.

GW spent a lot of time at home, met dignitaries at his home, and used his home as a working white house. Does o'failure do that with the golf course! I don't think so. GWs trips home were a lot less costly then o'failure's constant attention to the 4 iron. Add to that o'failure's parties, weekend trips and weeks at the posh rental. Why doesn't tpyour dictator spend a month at " home" like GW did? Oh yeah the SS probably can't protect him adequately in one of the most dangerous bankrupt leftist cities in America.

That attitude right there is what will bring our ruin, not Obama's golf games. He will be out of office soon, unfortunately...you won't be.

Oh please. The point remains the same. You're splitting hairs.

Splitting hairs?? Really??

You call making a choice to not abide by the Constitution of the United States of America by its President a matter of "splitting hairs"??

Or, am I being unreasonable in my interpretation of your progressive attitudes?

Splitting hairs?? Really??

You call making a choice to not abide by the Constitution of the United States of America by its President a matter of "splitting hairs"??

Or, am I being unreasonable in my interpretation of your progressive attitudes?

I am referring to the golf/vacation remark

When our do-nothing congress sits on its hands and does nothing, our democratically elected president has to step up and do something.
If the G-nO-P doesn't like what he does, maybe they'll wake up and do something.

Wow. The president doesn't just all of a sudden gain the power to pass law because the congress is doing nothing or more accuracy doing nothing the president wants done.

But, judging by their past behavior I wouldn't bet on it. They would rather sit by and let Obama do what he wants to do so that they can snipe at him.

The fact is when the president is passing law all by himself he is not acting like a president but a dictator or a king that doesn't have to worry about other branches of government to get his agenda done. How many times is this guy going to violate the constitution before you stand up and take notice?

You will be so happy to know God will take me out of office soon too, and I'll leave behind a nice sum to do nothing but promote capitalism and freedom from your beloved tyranny for ever!

That attitude right there is what will bring our ruin, not Obama's golf games. He will be out of office soon, unfortunately...you won't be.

They're not doing nothing, they've voted to repeal Obamacare 40 times. :lamo

All the senate has to do is allow one of those repeals on the senate floor for a vote.

Really? I think what will bring us to our knees is voting in people that have no respect for the rule of law and having people like yourself that agree with it.

You will be so happy to know God will take me out of office soon too, and I'll leave behind a nice sum to do nothing but promote capitalism and freedom from your beloved tyranny for ever!

Well actually, no, I'm not glad to hear that. Despite your political leanings and your ****ty attitude I wish you health and a long happy life. Just try to stop keeping others from having the same.

Then you should be aware of what power the Constitution gives the president, and what it does NOT give the president. But based on your posts, it seems you do know or understand that.

Until such basic knowledge is obtained, voting might not be in the best interests of our nation.

Forget what the Constitution says, the President of the USA has whatever powers that he can use without being kicked out of the White House.

Every time that there's an election in the USA only about half of those eligible bother to get off of their backside and go cast their vote.

And since half of the people in the USA are dumber than the other half, I always hope that the smarter half goes to the polls, but judging from the lack of results that we see from Washington, D.C. it looks like the dumber half has been going to the polls.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Really? I think what will bring us to our knees is voting in people that have no respect for the rule of law and having people like yourself that agree with it.

Do a little research on how all presidents try to extend their power while in office. The only reason you have a problem with Obama is because you do not like where he chooses to extend himself. GW did lot's and lot's of it. They all do. So maybe you should stop hiding behind your self righteous BS about him displaying little respect for the law.

By no later than 2050 the Democratic Party will have a President in the White House, a majority in the House and the Senate and every Supreme Court Justice will be a liberal.

Don't think so? Wait and see.

So you don't believe the pendulum swings huh. Seems like just the other day when the DNC was on the run and Dem politicians were jumping ship in droves.

shrubnose;1062202740[B said:
]Forget what the Constitution says, the President of the USA has whatever powers that he can use without being kicked out of the White House.[/B]

Every time that there's an election in the USA only about half of those eligible bother to get off of their backside and go cast their vote.

And since half of the people in the USA are dumber than the other half, I always hope that the smarter half goes to the polls, but judging from the lack of results that we see from Washington, D.C. it looks like the dumber half has been going to the polls.

And that pretty much sums up the lib view of our constitution.

Forget what the Constitution says,

Uh, no. Your ideology may desire such, but those of us that want for the good of the nation over the greed of the people that believe as you do, will continue to fight such stupid ideas.

You very well could be right. Especially if our citizens continue to embrace more dependency of the federal government, continue to allow the federal government to seize more power and control over their lives. This, after all, is the goal of liberals, progressives and Democrats.

However, the complete control of our country by the Democrats that you envision being reality by 2050 will, in no way, prevent...and very well could hasten...the demise of our country. We've seen it happen elsewhere. It will happen here

I suppose that eventually the USA will go out of business, but i don't believe that will happen in the near future, no one alive today is likely to see it.

There's no Constitutional provision for the President suddenly having powers he doesn't just because the Congress doesn't do what he wants. He, of course, has claimed it a few times, saying he "won't take 'no' for an answer," and how he'd like to stay within the Constitutional system, but these aren't "normal" times.

Congress, of course, is not "doing nothing," but even if they were, that's their prerogative. They are not required to do anything, especially when it comes to amending existing law, whereas the President actually is -- the faithful execution of the laws. The laws as they are, not as he wants them to be.

But hey, as long as you get what you want, right? :roll:

The Constitutional system is more important than anyone's policy goals.

Anyone who doesn't like something that President Obama did or is doing should try to do something about it.

"Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

I suppose that eventually the USA will go out of business, but i don't believe that will happen in the near future, no one alive today is likely to see it.

People who think as you do:

Forget what the Constitution says, the President of the USA has whatever powers that he can use without being kicked out of the White House.

Will put it in the ground a lot faster than you think.

If you don't care about the Constitution and the rule of law, if you're willing to accept despotism as long as it's from the "correct" side, then there's really no fruitful conversation to be had with you. Maybe one day you'll get to fully enjoy the despotism you crave. Of course, at that time, there will be no more United States in any meaningful sense.

Anyone who doesn't like something that President Obama did or is doing should try to do something about it.

Shrubnose: devotee of the law of the jungle. "Might makes right."

Do a little research on how all presidents try to extend their power while in office. The only reason you have a problem with Obama is because you do not like where he chooses to extend himself. GW did lot's and lot's of it. They all do. So maybe you should stop hiding behind your self righteous BS about him displaying little respect for the law.

It really makes no difference to me if prior presidents misused the executive order nor does it make it right. It's about damn time it's put to a stop and the sooner people like yourself stop supporting it the better.

It really makes no difference to me if prior presidents misused the executive order nor does it make it right. It's about damn time it's put to a stop and the sooner people like yourself stop supporting it the better.

So since you labeled me as someone who supports, it why don't you tell me how you came that conclusion. When are you guys gonna stop with the erroneous labels and name calling shenanigans and stop derailing?

Back
Top Bottom