• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kindergartner suspended for bringing princess bubble gun to school

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Do you think it is liberalism ?

Of course it is. To them, this is no different than a Howitzer.

Now if Billy wants to pull his wanker out and pee in the girls bathroom, well, "whatever makes you feel better, Billy!" Just don't bring a toy bubble gun to school.

The little homicidal maniac is lucky that all she got was a suspension!!! You see the battery in that thing? That's an AUTOMATIC bubble gun and is capable of getting soap bubbles into the eyes of millions of children with just one squeeze of the trigger. Besides, there is the distinct probability that bringing a bubble gun to school is just a dry run for bringing an AK next time. The little bitch was probably plotting the mass extermination of all her classmates. You can't be too careful nowadays.

The little homicidal maniac is lucky that all she got was a suspension!!!

Yeah, she could have had a police car drive up to her and kill her without even so much as a word exchanged between her and the officers. :mrgreen:

Yeah, she could have had a police car drive up to her and kill her without even so much as a word exchanged between her and the officers. :mrgreen:

Yep, because as liberals point out to us, this happens ALL the time. Constantly, in every corner of the universe. Cops are the worst among us, far worse than the innocent thugs minding their own business.

Now if Billy wants to pull his wanker out and pee in the girls bathroom, well, "whatever makes you feel better, Billy!" Just don't bring a toy bubble gun to school.
yes I agree with you on this however it is not liberal cops who shoot at such boys with toy guns ,you agree ?Maybe they wanted to protect the girl from such cops

Welcome to zero tolerance policy design, you end up with zero reason.
Zero tolerance for any common sense and heavy on the excessive PC. Yup! That's our education system.

Won't we just be so surprised when all the marshmallows it's cranked out the last 20 years all curl up and hide in their safe zone when life throws them a challenge.

Pretty much. Must be partial brain damage to have values such as these.

The little homicidal maniac is lucky that all she got was a suspension!!! You see the battery in that thing? That's an AUTOMATIC bubble gun and is capable of getting soap bubbles into the eyes of millions of children with just one squeeze of the trigger. Besides, there is the distinct probability that bringing a bubble gun to school is just a dry run for bringing an AK next time. The little bitch was probably plotting the mass extermination of all her classmates. You can't be too careful nowadays.

LOL.

Yep, because as liberals point out to us, this happens ALL the time.Constantly, in every corner of the universe. Cops are the worst among us, far worse than the innocent thugs minding their own business.

When you start own with a strawman, you look silly. I'm simply saying what could have happened. Are you saying these things can't happen?

What does this have to do with liberalism ?

If i am to try to make sense of your statement, the ACLU has been accused of being a liberal organization, and you are outraged that the ACLU would speak in the student/mother's defense. Is that accurate, or can you articulate something else that's actually sensical ?

Welcome to zero tolerance policy design, you end up with zero reason.

Zero tolerance is not open to interpretation by design. The purpose of this is to use the most simple, commonly accessible description of a rule as possible. This makes your statement here false by definition.

A one day suspension is absolutely nothing, i'm not glad that we're rewarding this attention seeking whiner.

How is this "liberals" fault? This is zero-tolerance at its finest. Mostly it results from people suing the schools all the time.

Only liberals sue schools in Erod's Magical Land of Perpetual Conservative Victimhood.

So from what I've gathered, the school has a rule against “carrying, using, actively displaying or threatening with the use of a firearm facsimile that could reasonably be mistaken for an actual firearm."

So, essentially, they're not even following their own guidelines? I mean, the facsimile needs to be **REASONABLY MISTAKEN**, and I'm not sorry, you'd have to be really, really oblivious to confuse something like the toy that got this 5 year old suspended with a genuine firearm...

Zero tolerance is not open to interpretation by design. The purpose of this is to use the most simple, commonly accessible description of a rule as possible. This makes your statement here false by definition.

A one day suspension is absolutely nothing, i'm not glad that we're rewarding this attention seeking whiner.

Nothing wrong with my statement, we are arguing point of view. Supporting zero tolerance policies means supporting the idea of suspending critical reason, it literally gets school administration off the hook for having to think about what happened.

So you end up with a kindergartner sent home for a plastic bubble gun, and asinine suggestions that it was warranted.

When adults don't know right from wrong,
what chance does a child have?

How is this "liberals" fault? This is zero-tolerance at its finest. Mostly it results from people suing the schools all the time.

Exactly.

Nothing wrong with my statement, we are arguing point of view. Supporting zero tolerance policies means supporting the idea of suspending critical reason, it literally gets school administration off the hook for having to think about what happened.

So you end up with a kindergartner sent home for a plastic bubble gun, and asinine suggestions that it was warranted.

The reasons for not bringing plastic toys is pretty simple. My kid has zero tolerance rulefor ALL plastic toys, not just plastic bubble sprayers and I suspect this school is not all that different. Plastic toys break, plastic ends up in kid's hands, and depending on the kid - mouths. No school wants to be held liable for broken plastic ending up in some kid's throat. If that's the reason, I don't really see an issue with this at all.

So from what I've gathered, the school has a rule against “carrying, using, actively displaying or threatening with the use of a firearm facsimile that could reasonably be mistaken for an actual firearm."

So, essentially, they're not even following their own guidelines? I mean, the facsimile needs to be **REASONABLY MISTAKEN**, and I'm not sorry, you'd have to be really, really oblivious to confuse something like the toy that got this 5 year old suspended with a genuine firearm...
It's the 'idea' of having a gun that is being prosecuted.

Sidenote: I think many of you on this board wanted some Cleveland cops prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for killing a child aiming an imitation gun (that looked lifelike). Zero tolerance is zero tolerance. One can't forgive one while prosecuting the other because it fell within your ideology.

What is your ideology, BTW?

The reasons for not bringing plastic toys is pretty simple. My kid has zero tolerance rulefor ALL plastic toys, not just plastic bubble sprayers and I suspect this school is not all that different. Plastic toys break, plastic ends up in kid's hands, and depending on the kid - mouths. No school wants to be held liable for broken plastic ending up in some kid's throat. If that's the reason, I don't really see an issue with this at all.

You are never going to be able to bubble-wrap kids through life, and if you could you would end up with one terrified of just about everything adult.

Back
Top Bottom