• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kimberly Guilfoyle was prepared to cooperate with committee in secret

Stealers Wheel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Guilfoyle has already voluntarily provided documents to the committee and she was appearing virtually when she became aware that it was some committee members and not just counsel that was in on the meeting. The concern is the meeting becoming known publicly.

A tense confrontation between the House select committee investigating the January 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol and Kimberly Guilfoyle unfolded privately on Friday morning, with Guilfoyle and her lawyers abruptly ending her conversation with the committee over concerns about its ground rules, according to four people familiar with the exchange.

Guilfoyle, a longtime adviser to former President Donald Trump, was scheduled to meet virtually with the committee on February 25, following discussions between the committee and her lawyers . . .

When contacted for comment by CBS News, Joseph Tacopina, counsel for Guilfoyle, issued a statement accusing the committee of leaking details of the exchange.

"Ms. Guilfoyle, under threat of subpoena, agreed to meet exclusively with counsel for the Select Committee in a good faith effort to provide true and relevant evidence," the statement said. "However, upon Ms. Guilfoyle's attendance, the Committee revealed its untrustworthiness, as members notorious for leaking information appeared. LINK

So my question is this: Why was it so important to keep this meeting secret? Who was Ms Guilfoyle concerned about learning of this meeting? Was she going behind Trump's back? Is she upset that Trump now knows about her meeting?

She is now subject to a subpoena from the committee. Watch this space.

She seems to be among the crazier of the crew so I find it hard to believe she was intending to provide anything damaging to Trump.

She could lose her meal ticket. I thought that would have been obvious.
There is nothing she could testify to that would help the Trumps. That's why I think it was important to her to keep her conversations with the committee hush hush.

If Donald Jr now breaks off the engagement, that will be evidence of her treachery.

It's interesting - she appears willing to do it behind the trumps' back; and her changing her mind over members being there - which doesn't make a lot of sense because they'd get the info and be able to leak it anyway if they were going to - for some reason made the committee willing perhaps to cause dissension between her and the trumps by revealing that she had.

It actually sort of proves her concern right that they did leak this, which seems bad. Who knows the bigger story.

She seems to be among the crazier of the crew so I find it hard to believe she was intending to provide anything damaging to Trump.

She's a really strange woman. She used to be a Democrat in CA, married to Gov Gavin Newsom.

She got fired from Fox News for showing people dick pics of her ex-boyfriends.

Remember those people tend to be out for themselves. Including his kids many suspect. So that their loyalty goes as far as they benefit.

It's interesting - she appears willing to do it behind the trumps' back; and her changing her mind over members being there - which doesn't make a lot of sense because they'd get the info and be able to leak it anyway if they were going to - for some reason made the committee willing perhaps to cause dissension between her and the trumps by revealing that she had.

It actually sort of proves her concern right that they did leak this, which seems bad. Who knows the bigger story.
She probably gets her legal advice from the same place Trump does.

I suspect her concern is really that she has provided evidence "voluntarily." She might have been given a pass by the Trumps if they thought she was compelled by subpoenas. Now that it is clear she was dishing and willing to dish more, she may be in deep doo doo with the Trumps.

Back
Top Bottom