• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kim Reynolds State of the Union response

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Unlike Biden and his rambling incoherent excuses and promises to do better , this lady’s speech was concise and to the point. She laid out in detail the difference between democrats and republicans view of what America is and what role government should play in our lives.
Great job Kim.👍

“Instead of moving America forward, it feels like President Biden and his party have sent us back in time to the late ‘70s and early ‘80s when runaway inflation was hammering families, a violent crime wave was crashing on our cities, and the Soviet army was trying to redraw the world map,”

Unlike Biden and his rambling incoherent excuses and promises to do better , this lady’s speech was concise and to the point. She laid out in detail the difference between democrats and republicans view of what America is and what role government should play in our lives.
Great job Kim.👍

“Instead of moving America forward, it feels like President Biden and his party have sent us back in time to the late ‘70s and early ‘80s when runaway inflation was hammering families, a violent crime wave was crashing on our cities, and the Soviet army was trying to redraw the world map,”
Haha, it was written to kiss the ass of the Fox News viewers.

I like how I heard Reynolds was picked for her "fight against Covid" - what, the fight she didn't even fight that so far has killed 9,085 Iowans. Now I can't speak for all of Iowa but based on the city of Council Bluffs alone, I can say they would be doing themselves a favor to be a little more hygienic.

The governor’s narrative sounds appealing: we made few sacrifices but did about as well as anyplace.

If only it were true.

James Merchant, the founding dean of the University of Iowa’s College of Public Health, has noted in recent commentaries that Iowa’s per capita death rate from COVID-19 is far higher than that of some neighboring states. Some 3,000 deaths could have been prevented if our state had the same per capita death rate as Minnesota.

A few days ago, Merchant observed, “Had Iowa mitigated COVID-19 as did neighboring Wisconsin (193 [deaths per 100,000 population]), which has a similar proportion of its high-mortality-risk population 65 and older and with double the percentage of high-mortality-risk people of color, Iowa could have prevented over 2,100 COVID-19 deaths.” (A dozen states have even lower total per capita deaths than Minnesota and Wisconsin.)

On Reynolds’ watch, thousands of Iowans have died unnecessarily. Thousands more are suffering long-term disabilities related to their coronavirus infections, which might have been prevented if more Iowans had “come through” with a minimal effort to protect the vulnerable.

I like how I heard Reynolds was picked for her "fight against Covid" - what, the fight she didn't even fight that so far has killed 9,085 Iowans. Now I can't speak for all of Iowa but based on the city of Council Bluffs alone, I can say they would be doing themselves a favor to be a little more hygienic.

"She fought COVID without declaring war on freedom or common sense,"

Unlike California and its fascist tactics that did nothing to stop covid.

Now I can't speak for all of California but based on the city of Los Angeles alone, I can say they would be doing themselves a favor to be a little more hygienic.

"Coronavirus infections in California reached 2.5 million Wednesday.

According to The Times’ tracker, 1 of every 16 people in the state has tested positive for the virus at some point during the pandemic, with the number of new cases increasing by more than 1 million in less than a month.

Los Angeles County’s situation is particularly grim. On a daily basis, 1 in every 5 tests are now coming back positive. That number was 1 in 25 in early November"

Great job Kim.👍

Bullshit!

"Screaching to the choir," Truman Show - Narrowcast,

Last edited:

Now I can't speak for all of California but based on the city of Los Angeles alone, I can say they would be doing themselves a favor to be a little more hygienic.

According to The Times’ tracker, 1 of every 16 people in the state has tested positive for the virus at some point during the pandemic, with the number of new cases increasing by more than 1 million in less than a month.

Los Angeles County’s situation is particularly grim. On a daily basis, 1 in every 5 tests are now coming back positive. That number was 1 in 25 in early November"

Yes, compare an urban city like Los Angeles with a large population of 3.967 million to a city with a population of 62,355, makes perfect sense during a pandemic.

So does this mean you are officially pro-choice instead of pro-life?

Great job Kim.👍

He hasn't had time to undo Trump's screwups. Patience

Great job Kim.👍

Right wing boilerplate. *YAWN*

Did Reynolds give any solutions to inflation or the other issues or did she just bash the President's agenda?

It is past time the Democrats, Republicans, Independents and others work together to solve the problem. This partisan bs has got to stop.

Just another hypocrite.

California has a lower per capita Covid-19 death (216 per 100k) than Iowa (288 per 100k).

His entire speech was promising to fix everything he broke in his first year.

What was Reynolds recommendation to fix what was broke?
Did she say how to get inflation under control?
Did she say how to get covid behind us?
Did she say how to fix the immigration problem?

It is easy to bash someone on their recommendations. It is much harder to present alternative solutions. Where are the Republican solutions?

WTF does California have to do with this shitty GOP response? You want to compare revenue and jobs to Iowa? No one cares about Iowa

Back
Top Bottom