• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Killing of civilians in Bucha and Kyiv condemned as ‘terrible war crime’

What are your thoughts about those terrible pictures from Bucha in Ukraine?

• These pictures are probably fakes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • These pictures are NOT fakes, unfortunately

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • This is normal warfare

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • This is NOT normal warfare

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Putin probably did not know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Putin knows all this very well

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Putin did not order this

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Putin ordered this

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Putin ordered this - and more of the same

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
War crimes. Genocide.
Biden regards this as a long war, while Ukranian civilians are slaughtered.

The first, yes. The second, no.

What’s Biden supposed to do, order us to invade Russia?

We must commit now to be in this fight for the long haul. We must remain unified today and tomorrow and the day after and for the years and decades to come.
~Joe Biden

~Joe Biden

Yes, the war is unlikely to end tomorrow. So what? What’s your point? It’s not like Biden can end the war by snapping his fingers.

Yes, the war is unlikely to end tomorrow. So what? What’s your point? It’s not like Biden can end the war by snapping his fingers.
Yes, I know I was correct in my statement, thank you.
But let's do it Biden's way and circle back in a month.

~Joe Biden

He was referring to providing Ukraine with humanitarian assistance and weapons. This is excruciatingly obvious to anybody who took even a cursory look at this speech.

Your poll choices are truly bizarre.
It seems you have no idea how to create a poll.
In a poll it is not enough just to state your own opinion.
You must also include other opinions, however bizarre they may be.

Again, what’s Biden supposed to do, invade Russia? He can’t magically stop war crimes by snapping his fingers either.
This is not an adult debate, rather, straw man dishonesty.
Biden is the leader of the free world, and he could provide Ukraine with the right tools for the job.
He's a feckless coward in the face of genocide.

This is not an adult debate, rather, straw man dishonesty.
Biden is the leader of the free world, and he could provide Ukraine with the right tools for the job.
He's a feckless coward in the face of genocide.

Nope, it’s reality.

What tools do you fantasize would stop war crimes from being committed? Giving Ukraine some more old MiGs certainty isn’t going to stop them.

And, once again, genocide has an actual legal definition with criteria which have to be met.....and which have not. There is a difference between committing a war crime and committing genocide. Calling it “genocide” because you fantasize it makes Biden look worse is utterly pathetic.

Nope, it’s reality.

What tools do you fantasize would stop war crimes from being committed? Giving Ukraine some more old MiGs certainty isn’t going to stop them.

And, once again, genocide has an actual legal definition with criteria which have to be met.....and which have not. There is a difference between committing a war crime and committing genocide. Calling it “genocide” because you fantasize it makes Biden look worse is utterly pathetic.
Splitting hairs about the definition of genocide from total safety, as Ukranians are slaughtered in cold blood.
Meh, Holocaust. Just reality. Watcha gonna do?

The level of ghoulishness is profound.

Splitting hairs about the definition of genocide from total safety, as Ukranians are slaughtered in cold blood.
Meh, Holocaust. Just reality. Watcha gonna do?

The level of ghoulishness is profound.

Nope, pointing out the fact that the term has an actual legal definition with criteria which have to be met, and that loosening said criteria will ultimately render the term meaningless. As it is trying to equate this to the Holocaust is laughable.

Yes, the fact that you are willing to exploit a war crime in a desperate hope that doing so will in some way make Biden look bad is rather ghoulish.

Nope, pointing out the fact that the term has an actual legal definition with criteria which have to be met, and that loosening said criteria will ultimately render the term meaningless. As it is trying to equate this to the Holocaust is laughable.

Yes, the fact that you are willing to exploit a war crime in a desperate hope that doing so will in some way make Biden look bad is rather ghoulish.
Jeezus, Biden looks HORRIBLE already? Do you think anyone needs raped, executed bodies to make Biden look bad? Even with a servicing media, Biden's poll number are in the toilet! Dems are going to get trounced in November and hell, Biden might be removed before 2024!
Biden is self limiting and he's going to be gone before long. We don't need Russians committing genocide to decide Biden's fate.

Biden's "sell by" date is nigh. Everyone know that.

Jeezus, Biden looks HORRIBLE already? Do you think anyone needs raped, executed bodies to make Biden look bad? Even with a servicing media, Biden's poll number are in the toilet! Dems are going to get trounced in November and hell, Biden might be removed before 2024!
Biden is self limiting and he's going to be gone before long. We don't need Russians committing genocide to decide Biden's fate.

Biden's "sell by" date is nigh. Everyone know that.

Only in the fevered fantasies of people who think Donnie Draft Dodger had the election “stolen” from him.

Once again, what is Biden supposed to do? He can’t magically stop war crimes with a snap of his finger. Giving Ukraine more weapons doesn’t stop war crimes from being committed in areas they don’t control.

4 out of 4 say:​

Putin ordered this​

I suggest you make another poll with the options of your choice.
I don’t feel strongly enough about this to start a poll of my own, but I thought “This is a war crime” was an odd choice to leave out.

Your poll choices are truly bizarre.

In any case, there’s no plausible way to explain these images away as anything other than crimes.
By the way, I meant to say war crimes.

Putin Ordered This.

He's obviously psychotic enough to push for these kinds of atrocities.

My answer is that I don't think Putin cares.

Russia's military is not what most of the world, including Putin, assumed it was or would be. Troops weren't/aren't properly trained. Many were little more than cannon-fodder. Proper and adequate matériel was apparently lacking before the Russian army even crossed the border to Ukraine. Russian intelligence seems to have been provided by Mrs. Moretnikov's 5 grade class.

From all I have read Russia went to war with relatively few seasoned NCO's. BIG MISTAKE. Poorly disciplined troops have a tendency to act like an organized mob. And so the did.

Putin is ultimately the reason for the atrocities. My guess is that he does not care. He wants a victory at whatever cost.

My answer is that I don't think Putin cares.

Russia's military is not what most of the world, including Putin, assumed it was or would be. Troops weren't/aren't properly trained. Many were little more than cannon-fodder. Proper and adequate matériel was apparently lacking before the Russian army even crossed the border to Ukraine. Russian intelligence seems to have been provided by Mrs. Moretnikov's 5 grade class.

From all I have read Russia went to war with relatively few seasoned NCO's. BIG MISTAKE. Poorly disciplined troops have a tendency to act like an organized mob. And so the did.

Putin is ultimately the reason for the atrocities. My guess is that he does not care. He wants a victory at whatever cost.
A pack of feral animals.....

Back
Top Bottom