• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Killing Homosexuals Is Not ISIS Law, It Is Muslim Law

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
[FONT=&quot]Since the American invasion of Iraq in 2003, there has been no shortage of praise for Ayatollah Ali Sistani, whom the Bush administration frequently lauded as a “moderate” and a supporter of “democracy.” (We critics countered that Sistani is a fundamentalist sharia-supremacist who supported “democracy” — meaning popular vote — in a Muslim-majority society because that was the most direct, efficient way to impose sharia.) Sistani is as influential a Shiite sharia authority as there is. As I have previously recounted, when asked, “What is [Islam's] judgment on sodomy and lesbianism?” Sistani replied: “Forbidden. Those involved in the act should be punished. In fact, sodomites should be killed in the worst manner possible.” Yup, let it sink in: “killed in the worst manner possible.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Read more at: Mass Shooting in Florida: Anti-Gay Violence Rooted in Muslim Law | National Review[/FONT]

Scary, SCARY the hate these people have.

no, it's not muslim law.

I recommend knowing what you're talking about before actually talking.

islam and homosexuality

the qur'an and homosexuality:

There are five references in the qur'an which have been cited as referring to gay and lesbian behavior. Some obviously deal with effeminate men and "masculine women." the two main references to homosexual behavior are:

"we also sent lut : He said to his people : "do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: Ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds." qur'an 7:80-81

"what! Of all creatures do ye come unto the males, and leave the wives your lord created for you? Nay, but ye are forward folk." qur'an 26:165

both references relate to gay sexual activities; lesbian practices are not mentioned in the qur'an.

Lut is referred to as "lot" in the hebrew scriptures. This passage is an apparent reference to the activities at sodom and gamorah. It seems to imply that there was no homosexual behavior before it first appeared in sodom. This is a uniquely islamic concept; it does not appear in jewish or christian beliefs. The passage also links the sin of sodom (the reason for its destruction) to homosexuality.that linkage is contradicted by other verses in the hebrew scriptures.

The hadith and homosexuality: The hadith are collections of sayings attributed to muhammad. Many hadiths (ahadith) discuss liwat (sexual intercourse between males). Two examples are:

"when a man mounts another man, the throne of god shakes."

"kill the one that is doing it and also kill the one that it is being done to." (in reference to the active and passive partners in gay sexual intercourse)

there is at least one mention of lesbian behavior mentioned in the hadith: "sihaq (lesbian sexual activity) of women is zina (illegitimate sexual intercourse) among them."

traditionalist orthodox muslims generally claim that the hadith literature contains the authentic sayings of muhammad. Many liberal muslims doubt their authenticity. The latter might point out that during the times of the first caliphs, muslims did not know what to do with individuals guilty of "liwat/lutiyya". No sahabi (companion) of muhammad could quote a saying or decision of muhammad relating to this question.
your link.

... did you read your own link?

Yes, I did! Thanks for asking!

"Treatment of homosexuals within Islam:

According to a pamphlet produced by Al-Fatiha, there is a consensus among Islamic scholars that all humans are naturally heterosexual. 5 Homosexuality is seen by scholars to be a sinful and perverted deviation from the norm. All Islamic schools of thought and jurisprudence consider gay acts to be unlawful. They differ in terms of penalty:

The Hanafite school (currently seen mainly in South and Eastern Asia) teaches that no physical punishment is warranted. "

your link.

My link: "Treatment of homosexuals within Islam:

According to a pamphlet produced by Al-Fatiha, there is a consensus among Islamic scholars that all humans are naturally heterosexual. 5 Homosexuality is seen by scholars to be a sinful and perverted deviation from the norm. All Islamic schools of thought and jurisprudence consider gay acts to be unlawful. They differ in terms of penalty:

The Hanafite school (currently seen mainly in South and Eastern Asia) teaches that no physical punishment is warranted. "

Apparently, not all Muslims believe such punishment should take place and it's not part of 'Muslim Law"

Thanks for conceding the point.

Then you understood that those were the words of the prophet Muhammad, the last and most revered messenger of God in the Islamic religion and the Christian equivalent of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

"Treatment of homosexuals within Islam:

The majority of Muslims do not follow the teachings of Hanafi, though, do they.

Actually they do, since Indonesia alone accounts for about 25% of the world's Muslim population. When you add in the former Soviet states in Central Asia, Russian Muslims, most of the former Ottoman Empire, Indian; Bangladeshi; and Chinese Muslims. You probably get 50% or more.

My link: "Treatment of homosexuals within Islam:

Apparently, not all Muslims believe such punishment should take place and it's not part of 'Muslim Law"

Thanks for conceding the point.

Several swings, several misses, lol. If this was baseball, you'd be benched.

So what? Not only is the country with the largest population of Muslim in the world not killing homosexuals, but my point was that it isn't 'Muslim Law'.

Actually they do, since Indonesia alone accounts for about 25% of the world's Muslim population. When you add in the former Soviet states in Central Asia, Russian Muslims, most of the former Ottoman Empire, Indian; Bangladeshi; and Chinese Muslims. You probably get 50% or more.

You're guessing.

Article I looked up said about a third.

That means two thirds, not so much.

So what? Not only is the country with the largest population of Muslim in the world not killing homosexuals, but my point was that it isn't 'Muslim Law'.

It is in the Quran, attributed to Mohammad, and there is no later sura negating or changing it... therefore it is part of literalist Islam.

Literalist Islam is where most of the terrorists come from.

I've never said there are no peaceful Muslims... clearly there are. But they aren't practicing Islam as practiced by Mohammad and his contemporary followers.

It is in the Quran, attributed to Mohammad, and there is no later sura negating or changing it... therefore it is part of literalist Islam.

OK. That doesn't, however, as in the claim of the OP, make it "Muslim Law", as I have demonstrated.

I've never said there are no peaceful Muslims... clearly there are. But they aren't practicing Islam as practiced by Mohammad and his contemporary followers.

There are many followers of Islam who do not believe in killing gays because they are gay. Whether they practice Islam as Mohammed did doesn't seem relevant. They practice it in a way that doesn't inclued killing homosexuals.

Because gay/trans people are more accepted in Asia. So maybe you have a point after all, that Muslim Arabs for some reason feel they're entitled to kill gays, while Asian Muslims do not. Wouldn't be entirely true though because Pakistan has used stoning as punishment for gays, as well as life prison sentences for homosexual acts.

Scary, SCARY the hate these people have.

Libtards just can't seem to understand this. Disapproving of the disgusting behavior of sodomites does not equate to hatred of persons.

It's in the Bible also, Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Same-sex sexual intercourse is legal in 20 Muslim-majority nations (Albania, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Chad, Djibouti, Guinea-Bissau, Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Mali, Niger, Tajikistan, Turkey, West Bank (State of Palestine), and most of Indonesia

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Yeah, but God didn't actually mean that because Jesus or something.

I figured someone would bring that up.

That is OT law as it was given to the tribes of Israel and Judea in ancient times. In the New Testament, particularly the book of Acts, Christians are relieved from adherence to most of the OT Law.

Is it common practice in majority-Christian nations, to execute gays? Um, no. That African hell-hole Uganda aside, no... and Uganda has been fracked up for quite some time.

In majority-Muslim nations? A good many of them yes.

I figured someone would bring that up.

That is OT law as it was given to the tribes of Israel and Judea in ancient times. In the New Testament, particularly the book of Acts, Christians are relieved from adherence to most of the OT Law.

Is it common practice in majority-Christian nations, to execute gays? Um, no. That African hell-hole Uganda aside, no... and Uganda has been fracked up for quite some time.

In majority-Muslim nations? A good many of them yes.

Jews don't count?

Pardon? I don't understand what you are trying to say.

It's their book. Their book tells them all sorts of crazy things just like the Qu'ran does with Muslims.

Back
Top Bottom