• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Killing Homosexuals Is Not ISIS Law, It Is Muslim Law

No. Islam isn't evolving. Religions don't evolve. People do.

You want to stop religious extremism? A good school and a clean water supply go farther than a fighter jet.

That's so silly.

That's so silly.

It's not. See, we find that the behavior of people doesn't seem to actually revolve around the books. Muslims in the west don't act like ISIS. Christians in third world nations form terrorist groups. The books aren't the key variable. It's something else.

People growing up in desperate, violent circumstances are easier to radicalize. At that point, it doesn't matter what book they read. You can radicalize someone with a book, or you can make your own book, or your own cult. Or maybe you just use a scapegoat. Those darned redheads are ruining everything in this great nation.

And you know what the absolute least helpful thing on the planet is to someone in desperate, violent circumstances? A bomb.

People growing up in desperate, violent circumstances are easier to radicalize.

In the West it is the exact opposite, it is usually second-generation, well educated, and very well-off Muslims who are radicalized. Radicalization happens because they feel alienated or have in purpose on life.

In the West it is the exact opposite, it is usually second-generation, well educated, and very well-off Muslims who are radicalized. Radicalization happens because they feel alienated or have in purpose on life.

I wonder how much that has to do with those first-generation parents.

I wonder how much that has to do with those first-generation parents.

Usually very little, the parents are integrated and proud whatever adopted nationality they are and were trying to give their children the best life they could but it kind of backfired. They do what pretty much any immigrant who comes to the West and becomes successful does.

Wow....they take that 'woman in a man's body' crap pretty seriously, don't they?

There are a number of societies that recognize the existence of transgender or third-gender people. Like sexual orientation, transgender people have existed throughout human history and across cultures. Not everyone in the world has a simplistic and rigid understanding of biological sex and gender identity.

Which I'd add is again is evidence that biology plays a determining role, even if scientists and medical professions don't the the exact mechanism(s).

Regardless the Iranian state today financially supports transitions as a medical procedure.

Last edited:
There are a number of societies that recognize the existence of transgender or third-gender people. Like sexual orientation, transgender people have existed throughout human history and across cultures. Not everyone in the world has a simplistic and rigid understanding of biological sex and gender identity.

Which I'd add is again is evidence that biology plays a determining role, even if scientists and medical professions don't the the exact mechanism(s).

Regardless the Iranian state today financially supports transitions as a medical procedure.

A mental illness by any other name....is still a mental illness.

It's in the Bible also, Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

I'm not highly religious but even I have the knowledge and objectivity to know this argument is easily refutable and bunk.

It's be like attempting to claim that Slavery is American law and pointing to a law from pre-civil war days, while ignoring that latter law invalidated the previous statutes.

No ,there is no punishment for homosexuality in Qoran!!

You are SO right...

Abu Dawud (4462) - The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, "Whoever you find doing the action of the people of Loot, execute the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.".

Abu Dawud (4448) - "If a man who is not married is seized committing sodomy, he will be stoned to death." (Note the implicit approval of sodomizing one's wife).

Bukhari (72:774) - "The Prophet cursed effeminate men (those men who are in the similitude (assume the manners of women) and those women who assume the manners of men, and he said, 'Turn them out of your houses .' The Prophet turned out such-and-such man, and 'Umar turned out such-and-such woman."

al-Tirmidhi, Sunan 1:152 - [Muhammad said] "Whoever is found conducting himself in the manner of the people of Lot, kill the doer and the receiver."
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/homosexuality.aspx

Quran

Quran (7:80-84) - "...For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds.... And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone)" - An account that is borrowed from the Biblical story of Sodom. Muslim scholars through the centuries have interpreted the "rain of stones" on the town as meaning that homosexuals should be stoned, since no other reason is given for the people's destruction. (The story is also repeated in suras 27 and29).
Quran (7:81) - "Will ye commit abomination such as no creature ever did before you?" This verse is part of the previous text and it establishes that homosexuality as different from (and much worse than) adultery or other sexual sin. According to the Arabic grammar, homosexuality is called the worst sin, while references elsewhere describe other forms of non-marital sex as being "among great sins."

Any more questions?

As has been pointed out by many others, the bible on multiple occaisions both old and new testament calls for the killing of homosexuals. The only difference between a radical muslim and a christian is that the radical muslim actually does the horrible things his holy book tells him to. The christian will just pretend it's a metaphor or "part of the old covenant" when in reality it's because our culture doesn't tolerate such religious extremism.

You're wrong, but that isn't surprising, given your predisposition to view all things religion in the most negative light.

Good evening, Jack. :2wave:

Interesting article! I wonder how Angela Merkel in Germany will react when something like Orlando happens in her country? She put the "welcome mat" out for the refugees who are flooding into the EU, and she has to be feeling some heat about her decision from other EU leaders. ME culture is too different from Western culture in too many ways to expect much in the way of general happy assimilation, IMO, so what is the answer?

The Muslim man who killed those people in Orlando was an American citizen who followed the ancient rules of his religion, and sadly, people he didn't even know died at his hands as a result! :thumbdown: All wars are not conducted by the military these days, it appears! :shock:

Good evening, Jack. :2wave:

Interesting article! I wonder how Angela Merkel in Germany will react when something like Orlando happens in her country? She put the "welcome mat" out for the refugees who are flooding into the EU, and she has to be feeling some heat about her decision from other EU leaders. ME culture is too different from Western culture in too many ways to expect much in the way of general happy assimilation, IMO, so what is the answer?

The Muslim man who killed those people in Orlando was an American citizen who followed the ancient rules of his religion, and sadly, people he didn't even know died at his hands as a result! :thumbdown: All wars are not conducted by the military these days, it appears! :shock:

Good evening, Polgara.:2wave:

We are living in a difficult time.

Good evening, Polgara.:2wave:

We are living in a difficult time.

:agree: Those who advocate for "isolationism" are starting to gather followers, using the argument that there is a reason this country is surrounded by two oceans, and anyone who is unhappy living here should just leave! :shock:

Once again, I will ask the question. Are individual followers of Islam required to kill homosexuals in order to be considered true Muslims? Is is a required tenet of Islam that one must kill homosexuals?

I'm not highly religious but even I have the knowledge and objectivity to know this argument is easily refutable and bunk.

It's be like attempting to claim that Slavery is American law and pointing to a law from pre-civil war days, while ignoring that latter law invalidated the previous statutes.

Most Jewish folks don't believe in Christ and the new Covenant.

Once again, I will ask the question. Are individual followers of Islam required to kill homosexuals in order to be considered true Muslims? Is is a required tenet of Islam that one must kill homosexuals?

well ISIS sure thinks so, if you want to agree with them

why don't you pick up a koran and find out. Recommend arberry, not the saudi govt version middle east muslims read

obviously the christian world of only a few hundred years ago disagreed with you. Spain executed at least 2000 homosexuals, and countless natives in mexico and peru

mideast islam now in this regard is just christianity a few hundred years ago. There are similar conditions which could explain that, illiteracy among them

So you're still pissed about what happened 400yrs ago? Maybe it's time to move on?

well ISIS sure thinks so, if you want to agree with them

why don't you pick up a koran and find out. Recommend arberry, not the saudi govt version middle east muslims read

This still doesn't answer the question. Does an individual, in their lifetime, have to kill a homosexual in order to be said to be truly following Islam? Is it a requirement of the religion? I don't care what ISIS says or what any Islamic government says. They do not represent the religion of Islam. They use Islam as a means to exercise power over people. What is required of an individual believer in Islam, separate from all Islamic groups, in regard to killing homosexuals?

Back
Top Bottom