• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Killing Homosexuals Is Not ISIS Law, It Is Muslim Law

That is because at that time Christianity went thru the Protestant Reformation, which many of the reforms were things described by Goshen.

i only gave one example for sake of brevity. Justinian began persecutions even before rome collapsed, and all trace of gay literary references in europe ceased by the 12th century, as 'the sin of sodom' became a mortal threat to any hamlet where it was tolerated. Prior to this in spain, the muslim conquerors were actually much more tolerant

kind of similar to persecution of jews, this was all periodic as local superstition, power grabs, and papal bulls waxed and waned. The only hope i have of the modern era being different is science. It's become obvious or should be obvious that homosexuality is a lifelong trait that's also rather harmless

Religious extremism is disgusting.

Which is also true of other bigotries that force others to cede their rights to gratify their desires.

The bible says you can stone homosexuals to death.

This is interesting as it is somewhat surprising that the reactions have been so pasiv to the ostentatious forcing of individuals to either break with their conscious or face personal financial disaster in areas they were hitherto protected by the Constitution.

As has been pointed out by many others, the bible on multiple occaisions both old and new testament calls for the killing of homosexuals. The only difference between a radical muslim and a christian is that the radical muslim actually does the horrible things his holy book tells him to. The christian will just pretend it's a metaphor or "part of the old covenant" when in reality it's because our culture doesn't tolerate such religious extremism.

i think it's a bit more complicated, but yeah i do tire of the apologists, especially when it's tinged with flatulence. So many of them love to claim a moral foundation going back millenia, and then dismiss criticism as applying to 'the old times.' The reality is as a collective only nonbelievers and cultures prior to contact with islam and judeo-christianity have not been driven by holy books to kill homosexuals

i cannot find similar extremism inspired by any holy book aside from these. Zoroastrianism was rather harsh, but came in contact with judaism, and i don't know if it led to actual violence

How many pictures of gay men hanging from cranes and bridges in Iran do you actually need before you stop saying stupid things like "its not Muslim/Islam"?

In the third world you do see Christians killing homosexuals. In the west Muslims tend to mind their own business and don't kill homosexuals. Both of your holy books advocate such violence, it's the culture that decides whether or not we'll tolerate religious extremism. Thank god we don't let Christians kill sinners anymore.

Yeah, we let Athiest regimes do that enmasse.

How many pictures of gay men hanging from cranes and bridges in Iran do you actually need before you stop saying stupid things like "its not Muslim/Islam"?

Well, it's actually Sharia Law. Any nation that advocates the fusion of religion with state will have such egregious horror following soon thereafter.

I don't get how the Left can so rabidly defend Sharia Law when it is one of the most fundamentally Right-Wing ideologies in human history.

so does #prayfororlando mean to the god who commanded this?

CkyeCRCVAAAmhSS.jpg

i get the sentiment behind 'pray for the victims' but seriously, immediately after a religious inspired butchery is not the time to show your support with scripture (just saw some idiot post john 16:33), or to hear speeches from bishops. If for once you can stop the sermonizing, now would be it

i guess when i stop seeing habitual christian homophobes pretending they're somehow better and that they care about the victims, when really they only want to bash another group (muslims) they despise. Seen quite a lot of that today on this forum alone

Scary, SCARY the hate these people have.

You do not know 99.9% of Muslims.

So to infer that most/all of them have lots of hate inside them is asinine in the extremis.

And have you even read the Bible? It HATES homosexuals as well - wants to see them killed...but my guess is you won't use that against Christians...just Muslims.

'Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1
Leviticus 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."'

The Bible and homosexuality | What the Bible says about Homosexuality

Just because some dumbass, God Club rule book says it's members should think something, THAT DOES NOT MEAN THEY NECESSARILY THINK THAT THING.

:roll:

Last edited:
Dude, GTFO. This is about Muslim Hate for Homosexuality, on a religious tenet level that far too many today still follow. Not Liberals nor your silly angry at homosexuality. I'm gay (les but still), I find your choice of words pitiable.

In fairness, you pretty much invited comments such as Paleocon's; when you put out crap, you're bound to attract some flies. Just 36 years ago homosexuality was still illegal in 49 US states; still illegal in twenty-five states by 1990. Paleo and others on this forum aren't quite as much the evolutionary throwbacks as many of us would prefer. If Somerville's post #20 is correct, that homosexuality is already legal in twenty (out of fifty) Muslim-majority nations, they're really not doing too bad compared with Christian-majority nations, regardless of whether you look at the timeline since the religions' founding, or becoming a state religion, or (most relevantly) the economic or educational progress of the regions.

You do not know 99.9% of Muslims.

So to infer that most/all of them have lots of hate inside them is asinine in the extremis.

And have you even read the Bible? It HATES homosexuals as well - wants to see them killed...but my guess is you won't use that against Christians...just Muslims.

'Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1
Leviticus 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."'

The Bible and homosexuality | What the Bible says about Homosexuality

Just because some dumbass, God Club rule book says it's members should think something, THAT DOES NOT MEAN THEY NECESSARILY THINK THAT THING.

:roll:

Well you can't say that about MUSLIMS!1! You don't KNOW ALL OF THEM!!! And And and there is BIBLE HATE FOR GAYS TOO!!! HOW DARE DARE DARE you make such a HATEFUL STATEMENT, Watch as I stand on my TOTAL MORAL HORSE VERY HIGH AND ACT LIKE I CARE!!!!

First off, there are a couple of minor passages in the OLD and New testament that are not kind towards gays. There is also Animal Sacrifices, killing family to God, incest and lots of other things. And? Do we have major religious leaders of Christianity preaching ANY of these things? No. Are there a few places, underdeveloped generally where homosexuals are mistreated, killed, stoned by "Christians"? Yep. They are condemned by all Christians elsewhere. The Pope hasn't put out a Papal Edict to kill Gays, sacrifice Animals, sleep with your sister or any sorts of other things.

You made a FOOLISH statement. Let me continue.

According to the International Lesbian and Gay Association (ILGA) seven countries still retain capital punishment for homosexual behavior: Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Iran, Afghanistan, Mauritania, Sudan, and northern Nigeria.[67][68] In United Arab Emirates it is a capital offense.[69][11] In Qatar, Algeria, Uzbekistan, and the Maldives, homosexuality is punished with time in prison or a fine. This has led to controversy regarding Qatar, which is due to stage the 2022 FIFA World Cup. Human rights groups have questioned the awarding in 2010 of the right to host the competition, due to the possibility that gay football fans may be jailed. In response, Sepp Blatter, head of FIFA, joked that they would have to "refrain from sexual activity" while in Qatar. He later withdrew the remarks after condemnation from rights groups.[70]

In Egypt, openly gay men have been prosecuted under general public morality laws. (See Cairo 52.) In Saudi Arabia, the maximum punishment for homosexual acts is public execution, which is often carried out.[71] The government will sometimes use lesser punishments—for example, fines, time in prison, and whipping—as alternatives.

In India, which has the third largest Muslim population in the world, and where Muslims form a large minority, the largest Islamic seminary (Darul Uloom Deoband) has vehemently opposed recent government moves[72] to abrogate and liberalize laws from the British Raj era that banned homosexuality.[73]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_in_Islam

Oh and Iran? They'd kill more gays, but they have a "cure"

Iran carries out more sex change operations than any other nation in the world except for Thailand. It is regarded as a cure for homosexuality, which is punishable by death under Iranian law. The government even provides up to half the cost for those needing financial assistance and a sex change is recognized on the birth certificate.

So, you DO not know what the fiddlesticks you are talking about. Islam has lots of things wrong with it, lots, and trying to play "The Bible says" games just makes you look very silly.

Killing homosexuals was a beloved past-time for Christians for well over a thousand years. Our society and culture has evolved, the abrahamic religions haven't. Iran is a perfect example of why there needs to be a firm barrier between church and state.

Yeah, we let Athiest regimes do that enmasse.

Can you give an example of the atheist holy book that condones murdering homosexuals? I'd like to know which atheist doctrine you're basing this on. Nobody said that the non-religious can't kill homosexuals, just that the abrahamic religions as a whole undoubtedly support and condone such violence.

In fairness, you pretty much invited comments such as Paleocon's; when you put out crap, you're bound to attract some flies. Just 36 years ago homosexuality was still illegal in 49 US states; still illegal in twenty-five states by 1990. Paleo and others on this forum aren't quite as much the evolutionary throwbacks as many of us would prefer. If Somerville's post #20 is correct, that homosexuality is already legal in twenty (out of fifty) Muslim-majority nations, they're really not doing too bad compared with Christian-majority nations, regardless of whether you look at the timeline since the religions' founding, or becoming a state religion, or (most relevantly) the economic or educational progress of the regions.

In all fairness, you're merely posting the intellectual opposite and equally mockable version of Paleo's commentary.

Oh look, it USED to be a bunch of states, 49!!! OUTLAWED homosexuality, look at the Progressive Islam, so many nations allow it, 20 out of 50, why they are really better then us heathens in the west...

Seriously?

Was Homosexuality a capital offense in the USA? Oh, back in the late 18th century....

Get caught having gay love in Saudi Arabia, see how well that works out for you. In Iran, if you're lucky, they'll cure you back forcing you to change genders.

So stop, seriously stop the crap. Everyone has more room to grow, but to act like Islam's been on some leading edge of enlightenment and it's wrong to point out the huge amount of horror daily right now that is inflicted upon homosexuals in Islamic countries is asinine as hell.

In all fairness, you're merely posting the intellectual opposite and equally mockable version of Paleo's commentary.

Oh look, it USED to be a bunch of states, 49!!! OUTLAWED homosexuality, look at the Progressive Islam, so many nations allow it, 20 out of 50, why they are really better then us heathens in the west...

Seriously?

Was Homosexuality a capital offense in the USA? Oh, back in the late 18th century....

Get caught having gay love in Saudi Arabia, see how well that works out for you. In Iran, if you're lucky, they'll cure you back forcing you to change genders.

So stop, seriously stop the crap. Everyone has more room to grow, but to act like Islam's been on some leading edge of enlightenment and it's wrong to point out the huge amount of horror daily right now that is inflicted upon homosexuals in Islamic countries is asinine as hell.

Of course I never said anything of the sort, but you're so blinded by... whatever it is that's motivating you that you haven't realised it. All religions and cultures change and evolve over time; but that does take time to happen, and can be helped or hindered by other economic and geo-political circumstances as well. The regions in which Islam is a majority religion are generally behind the Western curve, in no small part due to foreign meddling and economic underdevelopment and over-dependence on oil.

But what your OP implicitly declares (as do those who insist that 'real' Islam abhors terrorism, for that matter) is the religions can't evolve: That there is a 'real' Islam in which the crime of homosexuality (as per the US of 50 years ago) should be punished by death.

Rather than acknowledging the developmental curve which Islam is following like Christianity a few decades before it, and wondering what factors might help speed the process, by quoting this Ayatollah as an authoritative source what you're doing is endorsing fundamentalism or central authority as the 'correct' lense through which to view religion.

If anything, if widely held that would be an approach far more likely to perpetuate the suffering of homosexual people in Islamic countries.

Killing homosexuals was a beloved past-time for Christians for well over a thousand years. Our society and culture has evolved, the abrahamic religions haven't. Iran is a perfect example of why there needs to be a firm barrier between church and state.

Can you give an example of the atheist holy book that condones murdering homosexuals? I'd like to know which atheist doctrine you're basing this on. Nobody said that the non-religious can't kill homosexuals, just that the abrahamic religions as a whole undoubtedly support and condone such violence.
Do you think any of your bull**** about 'the Christians' is relevant? Do you think Extremist Fundamentalist Muslims are ever going to change, or stop?

Well you can't say that about MUSLIMS!1! You don't KNOW ALL OF THEM!!! And And and there is BIBLE HATE FOR GAYS TOO!!! HOW DARE DARE DARE you make such a HATEFUL STATEMENT, Watch as I stand on my TOTAL MORAL HORSE VERY HIGH AND ACT LIKE I CARE!!!!

First off, there are a couple of minor passages in the OLD and New testament that are not kind towards gays. There is also Animal Sacrifices, killing family to God, incest and lots of other things. And? Do we have major religious leaders of Christianity preaching ANY of these things? No. Are there a few places, underdeveloped generally where homosexuals are mistreated, killed, stoned by "Christians"? Yep. They are condemned by all Christians elsewhere. The Pope hasn't put out a Papal Edict to kill Gays, sacrifice Animals, sleep with your sister or any sorts of other things.

You made a FOOLISH statement. Let me continue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_in_Islam

Oh and Iran? They'd kill more gays, but they have a "cure"

So, you DO not know what the fiddlesticks you are talking about. Islam has lots of things wrong with it, lots, and trying to play "The Bible says" games just makes you look very silly.

Wow....they take that 'woman in a man's body' crap pretty seriously, don't they?

Isn't killing homosexuals technically Jewish law as well?

I realize that Jews ignore that text for the most part. I imagine the same applies here.

Of course I never said anything of the sort, but you're so blinded by... whatever it is that's motivating you that you haven't realised it. All religions and cultures change and evolve over time; but that does take time to happen, and can be helped or hindered by other economic and geo-political circumstances as well. The regions in which Islam is a majority religion are generally behind the Western curve, in no small part due to foreign meddling and economic underdevelopment and over-dependence on oil.

But what your OP implicitly declares (as do those who insist that 'real' Islam abhors terrorism, for that matter) is the religions can't evolve: That there is a 'real' Islam in which the crime of homosexuality (as per the US of 50 years ago) should be punished by death.

Rather than acknowledging the developmental curve which Islam is following like Christianity a few decades before it, and wondering what factors might help speed the process, by quoting this Ayatollah as an authoritative source what you're doing is endorsing fundamentalism or central authority as the 'correct' lense through which to view religion.

If anything, if widely held that would be an approach far more likely to perpetuate the suffering of homosexual people in Islamic countries.

Oh, I see, that's such a relief to know Islam is evolving, all the dead in the mean time take comfort, Islam is "evolving".

Oh, I see, that's such a relief to know Islam is evolving, all the dead in the mean time take comfort, Islam is "evolving".

No. Islam isn't evolving. Religions don't evolve. People do.

You want to stop religious extremism? A good school and a clean water supply go farther than a fighter jet.

Back
Top Bottom