• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Killing Gays is a Belief Held by ‘Moderate Muslims’ [W:71]

DamnYankee

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
[h=1]
Islamic Speaker Admits: Killing Gays is a Belief Held by ‘Moderate Muslims’[/h][h=4]Yet the regressive left STILL defends Islam[/h] Paul Joseph Watson - June 15, 2016

In light of the massacre of dozens of people at a gay club in Orlando, it’s worth re-visiting the comments of Islamic speaker Fahad Qureshi, who admitted that the desire to see homosexuals killed was a belief held by so-called “moderate” Muslims.

During a conference held in May 2013, Qureshi complained that the media often frames views such as “the death penalty for homosexuals” or the subjugation of women as only being held by radical Muslims.“I always try to tell them that….these are general views that every Muslim actually has….every Muslim believes in these things,” says Qureshi.

If "moderate muslims" believe this...? What does that say for Islam in general?

Do leftists defend this kind of belief?

^^^:lamo

If you are going to start a troll thread you could at least attempt to not be so obvious.

You are misconstruing what I meant, the left does that a lot.

In others words, does the left still put their eggs in the "moderate" basket?

Are leftists going to continue to put their faith in the muslims moderates or are the moderates part of the problem?

Perhaps this clears things up for ya. I know the left is constantly confused about such matters. :)

So one clown says that and you accept it as definitive for millions of people.

Yeah. You run with that, champ.

Care to discuss this honestly, like an adult?

And every true Scotsman eats his haggis with neeps and tatties.

Haggis are gawdawful. I suspect they are prescribed for weight loss. Eat anything you want and as much as you want as long as you finish it with a plate full of haggis. No way anyone could keep their meal down. Guaranteed weight loss.

Sure! The problem is your OP wasn't even remotely honest. Adults like honesty.

You should try it some time.

Can you read English? I asked...

Hope this clears things up in your mind...good luck.

Haggis are gawdawful. I suspect they are prescribed for weight loss. Eat anything you want and as much as you want as long as you finish it with a plate full of haggis. No way anyone could keep their meal down. Guaranteed weight loss.

True. Most of my heritage is Scottish (I even play the pipes) and I wouldn't venture a bite of that offal-bag no matter how much whiskey had been served.

Can you read English? I asked...

Hope this clears things up in your mind...good luck.

Yawn. There is no evidence that that's what 'moderate Muslims' believe. It's an unsupported bare assertion by one guy, referenced by one other guy, apparently an Infowars nut.

Keep swinging, champ. Your bound to something. Some day. Somehow.

True. Most of my heritage is Scottish (I even play the pipes) and I wouldn't venture a bite of that offal-bag no matter how much whiskey had been served.

How long did it take you to learn to play the pipes? How many friends did you lose while learning? ;)

It's an unsupported bare assertion by one guy, referenced by one other guy, apparently an Infowars nut.

Look up Paul Joseph Watson on YouTube. He has a pretty big channel where he's always talking about this crazy conspiracy/NWO type bull****.

[h=1]

[/B]
[/LEFT]

It says that many of the present generation would like to see male homosexuals dead, I guess. But we should point out that that is not all and of those most would not do the killing. It's like those Christians that think abortion is mass murder. They take no measures either.

I'm of Scottish ancestry. Clan McGregor. S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Haggis is like scotch. Or gin perhaps. It's an acquired taste. :)

It says that many of the present generation would like to see male homosexuals dead, I guess. But we should point out that that is not all and of those most would not do the killing. It's like those Christians that think abortion is mass murder. They take no measures either.

I wasn't going to be the first to use the c-word, but since you mention it, it's worth noting that most moderate Christians believe that people guilty of lying or lusting or undeserved anger (in fact any other sin) deserve to die.

I wasn't going to be the first to use the c-word, but since you mention it, it's worth noting that most moderate Christians believe that people guilty of lying or lusting or undeserved anger (in fact any other sin) deserve to die.

Utter nonsense.

Utter nonsense.

Read your Book, sir. Start with Paul's epistle to the Romans ;) Widely considered to be the fullest and best exposition of Pauline (and hence moderate Christian) theology in the Book.

Yawn. There is no evidence that that's what 'moderate Muslims' believe. It's an unsupported bare assertion by one guy, referenced by one other guy, apparently an Infowars nut.

Keep swinging, champ. Your bound to something. Some day. Somehow.

Yeah, no sh*t.

I said IF!!!!!

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! lol

[h=1]

[/B]
[/LEFT]

The term "Moderate" would normally denote a plurality - if not a majority - of any political or religious group. Thing is, a greater percentage of Muslims in America support gay marriage than do white evangelicals, black protestants, or Mormons:

American Muslims and white evangelical Protestants, for instance, both oppose same-sex marriage in the survey, but with a key difference: a full 42 percent of Muslims told PRRI they support marriage equality, while only 28 percent of white evangelicals said the same. In addition, 56 percent of Orthodox Christians gave a thumbs up to the right to marry, as did 84 percent of Buddhists and 55 percent of Hindus.
The survey broke down groups by individual denomination as well. Support was highest among white mainline Protestant traditions that already allow their ministers to perform same-sex marriages: Presbyterians were the most in favor (69 percent), followed closely Episcopalians (68 percent), the United Church of Christ (68 percent), and Lutherans (64 percent). And while the United Methodist Church does not officially support the right to marry, a full 67 percent of mainline Methodists said they backed same-sex marriage. Meanwhile, 77 percent of religiously unaffiliated Americans affirmed marriage equality, but only 27 percent of black Protestants and 28 percent of Mormons agreed.

But you keep your head stuck in the right-wing echo chamber so you can keep from hearing things like this, 'cause we wouldn't want you to discover that you ain't being told everything you need to hear now, okay?

That is an interesting statement. I have met a large number of Christians, but none that believed sinners should die. Not even the more conservative ones. I have read of some that have thought that mass murderers should be put to death, however.

The term "Moderate" would normally denote a plurality..?

"Normally," being the key word.

Islam isn't normal.

Christians however do not believe in killing homosexuals. That's the belief of Islam.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom