• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Killer pit bull that mauled owner to death, 82, is flooded with adoption offers

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

A vicious pit bull that mauled its owner to death has received several adoption offers.

The dog killed its 82-year-old owner on July 12, but many have leapt to the animal's defence and claimed it was a freak accident.

The incident happened in Kaiserbagh, India, with the dog currently under a 14-day observation period.
==================================================
Must be vicious, killer dog lovers.

My son's pitty, like most, is the most loveable dog imaginable. Not at all aggressive, except in greetings and hugs. ;)

My guess is that if the elderly pit bull owner had favored golden retrievers instead she'd still be alive today.

"For adoption: Pitbull who killed previous owner. Prone to violence, but good with kids. Please see previous owner's next of kin for adoption offers."

My son's pitty, like most, is the most loveable dog imaginable. Not at all aggressive, except in greetings and hugs. ;)

We need to crack down on dog breeds.

We need to crack down on dog breeds.
Yes, because licking and hugging are such dangerous traits. ;)

It does, however, fit a pattern of a "certain kind" of argumentation concerning law enforcement. I'm sure that pet adoption is just "grooming behavior." Indeed, some people even flaunt that grooming behavior.

Last edited:
Seems a tad stupid, wanting to adopt a dog that already killed one owner.

I've known literally thousands of OPDs (Other Ppls Dogs) as a utility worker, including hundreds of Pitts and Pitt mixes. Most Pitts are not "bad dogs" unless their owners made them that way.

Most.

BUT, to be real, dogs are descended from wild animals and still have some of the same drives.
ANY dog may attack under the right circumstances.
Pitt *mixes*, as opposed to pure Pitt, seem to be more of an issue as far as attacks, I don't know why.

As someone who survived a Pitt attack, I can testify the thing about Pitts is they are extremely strong, fast, tough, and determined when they go after you. They're hard to stop when they decide their mission in life is to chomp you into bloody rags. I had to kill the one that came after me because he wouldn't stop coming, even after I knocked him ass-over-appetite twice.

Personally, I think Pitts are not a good choice for anyone who isn't able to *physically control* the dog. Elderly persons, small women, children... just not a good idea. We had a case nearby where two children were mauled to death by the family Pitt, some years ago. They said the same things everyone always says: "he was so gentle, we had no idea..."

Now they got to live with that.

I heard a neighbor yelling for help one day.
I ran outside with a bat and found him wrestling two pits trying to get them off his dog.
Bitten up to hell and exhausted, they were still trying robotically to attack his dog, it was really bizarre to witness.
End of story, animal control came and got them. His dog, a very fluffy breed (maybe collie mix?) , was barely injured and appeared to have dished out far more than he took.

Back
Top Bottom