• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kill, Kill, Kill, Happy Hunting

LiberalAvenger

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Fun times for the happy gun nuts in Idaho. They will soon have live targets to kill. Go, go, go, Bungalow Bill.

Dear Wildlife Supporter,

A county in Idaho wants to shoot protected wolves on sight. State and federal officials are targeting hundreds of wolves for extermination. And even some in Congress are eager to strip federal protections from wolves in Idaho and Montana.

The threat to wolves in Greater Yellowstone and the Northern Rockies is real -- and it’s happening now.

Please donate now to Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund to support our work to stop an outrageous federal plan to kill hundreds of wolves, stop illegal killings and ensure a lasting future for these amazing animals in the West.

Despite winning back federal protections, wolves in Greater Yellowstone and the Northern Rockies are still in grave danger:

The federal Wildlife Services program wants to help Idaho officials kill off hundreds of wolves in the central part of the state. Their plan includes killing entire packs from helicopters, using poison gas to kill newborn pups and their mothers in dens, and surgically sterilizing alpha wolf pairs.1

Idaho Governor "Butch" Otter is threatening to pull the state out of wolf management -- a plan that would effectively allow anti-wolf extremists to illegally kill wolves while the state turns a blind eye. 2

Idaho County -- home to dozens of packs of wolves -- recently declared a "local disaster" and called on the governor to allow the county to shoot these federally protected wolves on sight. 3

And new legislation in Congress could undermine the Endangered Species Act and once again strip vital federal protections from wolves in Idaho and Montana -- leaving these animals at the mercy of state-based plans that focus on killing rather than a lasting future for wolves.

Make no mistake -- the gray wolves you and I have fought so hard to protect remain in peril.

Help us fight to save the lives of wolves in Greater Yellowstone and the Northern Rockies.

Your donation will help Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund mobilize tens of thousands of activists to stop the deadly Wildlife Services wolf-killing plan and urge constituents and Members of Congress to speak out against federal legislation that would remove wolves in Idaho and Montana from the protections of the Endangered Species Act.

Your contribution will also help us support our sister organization, Defenders of Wildlife, in vital efforts to counter anti-wolf rhetoric in the media and promote proven non-lethal methods to allow wolves and livestock producers to coexist.

Please donate now to support our work to save wolves and other efforts to save the wildlife you cherish.

We can’t go back to an era when entire packs of wolves were gunned down with the support of state and federal officials.

With your help, we can ensure our wolves survive well into the future.

For the Wild Ones,

Rodger Schlickeisen
President
Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund

Good for Idaho. Power to the people, to defend their property!

Yes, god bless all of those god fearing people for the right of self defense. I only wish that wolves had guns and knew how to shoot them to make it even more fun. May god's grace be upon them.

Remember Bungalow Bill says, "It could have been us instead of them".

god bless our glorious war generals and our glorious wars of liberty and democratic nation building and religious freedom.

"I was born in the USA, I was born in the USA, la, la, la, la." :shoot:2usflag:

Yes, god bless all of those god fearing people for the right of self defense. I only wish that wolves had guns and knew how to shoot them to make it even more fun. May god's grace be upon them.

Remember Bungalow Bill says, "It could have been us instead of them".

god bless our glorious war generals and our glorious wars of liberty and democratic nation building and religious freedom.

"I was born in the USA, I was born in the USA, la, la, la, la." :shoot:2usflag:

If you owned a cattle farm and wolves were killing your stock, would you just sit there and let them because Gaia is such a pretty creature and all her animals are sacred? What if it were snakes or rats? Where does your "compassion" end?

If you owned a cattle farm and wolves were killing your stock, would you just sit there and let them because Gaia is such a pretty creature and all her animals are sacred? What if it were snakes or rats? Where does your "compassion" end?

If frogs had wings they would not bump their asses when they landed. The wolves were there before the cows and the ranchers.

American natives, who they slaughtered and stole their land, were there before the great american pioneers. Who is right? Are Americans special?

Question: if 100% of the wolves in those areas disappeared tomorrow, would there be any negative consequences to the ecosystem and what specifically would they be. (e.g. overpopulation of rabbits, badgers, and foxes)

Follow up: How many wolves are needed to maintain a reasonable balance in the food chain? Tag, capture that number, and kill the rest. Offer rewards for the most killed, get it done faster.

One last thought: We could always design a gun that wolves can operate, or handicap the hunters by making them go after the wolves in the buff with salad forks taped to their hands.

Question: if 100% of the wolves in those areas disappeared tomorrow, would there be any negative consequences to the ecosystem and what specifically would they be. (e.g. overpopulation of rabbits, badgers, and foxes)

Think more like large game, mainly elk. Coyotes and foxes will eat the rabbits. I don't know what badgers eat but they are mean as hell too.

Clearly there's no middle ground between "SLAUGHTER EVERYTHING" and "I know the wolf is eating my cows but I'm just gonna stand here because it's so pretty." I'm so glad you pointed out how ridiculous that opinion nobody holds is.

Think more like large game, mainly elk. Coyotes and foxes will eat the rabbits. I don't know what badgers eat but they are mean as hell too.

So, specifically what is the downside? More elk?

If frogs had wings they would not bump their asses when they landed. The wolves were there before the cows and the ranchers.

American natives, who they slaughtered and stole their land, were there before the great american pioneers. Who is right? Are Americans special?

Nothing about this answered my question, but okay!

Clearly there's no middle ground between "SLAUGHTER EVERYTHING" and "I know the wolf is eating my cows but I'm just gonna stand here because it's so pretty." I'm so glad you pointed out how ridiculous that opinion nobody holds is.

What led you to believe that I don't see a middle ground? I think that the best solution is for farmers to be allowed to hunt a limited number of wolves that would protect their livestock while ensuring the survival of the species. I made that statement because based on the OP, I believe that people like LA truly do hold that ridiculous position that I mentioned.

Yeah badgers are mean but they don't throw their babies into dumpsters like some people do or rape children for that matter.

What led you to believe that I don't see a middle ground? I think that the best solution is for farmers to be allowed to hunt a limited number of wolves that would protect their livestock while ensuring the survival of the species. I made that statement because based on the OP, I believe that people like LA truly do hold that ridiculous position that I mentioned.

It's not nice to **** with mother nature. It's my belief because I am a Druid.

You call my position ridiculous. That's your right but it doesn't make it so just because you said so. That kind of thinking is just plain arrogant. Of course you do have a right to be arrogant.

When you ridicule my beliefs it is Limbaughism. It is not intelligent debate, though. It's poopy.

Can you show that the wolves are posing a serious threat to livestock?

Yeah badgers are mean but they don't throw their babies into dumpsters like some people do or rape children for that matter.

How come you keep avoiding my questions?

What am I, on the pay-no-mind list over here?

How come you keep avoiding my questions?

What am I, on the pay-no-mind list over here?

I'm sorry repeata the question please. I lost track. So many people are picking on me for defending the underdogs that it is hard to keep a breast.

Last edited:

except of course for the United States Government.

It's not nice to **** with mother nature. It's my belief because I am a Druid.

well i'm a human, and according to evolutionary science, 'mother nature' spent the past half million years or so trying to kill my a$$.

hey gaia, payback's a bi-otch. :D

Last edited:
I'm sorry repeata the question please. I lost track. So many people are picking on me for defending the underdogs that it is hard to keep a breast.

we're not picking on you for defending the underdog; most folks here are Americans; that kind of behavior is in our blood. we jus tend to see the farmers as the underdog; and liberal elites who suffer no costs, but still feel justified in interfering with others ability to feed their families via the massive coercive power of the US government as the power.

Why do you think the farmers want to hunt them?
I dont know, but I want to see proof that wolves are actually causing serious harm to the population of livestock in the US.

I dont know, but I want to see proof that wolves are actually causing serious harm to the population of livestock in the US.

i want to see evidence why you are better situated to make that decision than the farmers.

Gray wolf comeback worries Midwest - CSMonitor.com

For a long time Jim Heintz, an octogenarian farmer in Bruce, Wis., gave little thought to the wolves reoccupying his state. Then his calves started disappearing. "We didn't realize what was happening," he recalls. "Then we started hearing all these wolves. People starting seeing wolves." That was five or six years ago. He has since seen plenty of wolves himself, including one he watched last year try to drag a dead calf from his back pasture. He estimates he's lost 20 calves to wolves over the past decade.

The gray wolf has made an astonishing comeback in the upper Midwest. Once extirpated from all but a remote corner of northern Minnesota, wolves have flourished under the protection of the Endangered Species Act. They have expanded across half of Minnesota, a third of Wisconsin, and all of Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Today the number of wolves in the western Great Lakes region exceeds 4,000. That's probably too many, say wildlife biologists and much of the public. Increasingly, wolves are killing livestock, attacking dogs, and inspiring fear and hostility.

Gray-wolves-make-a-comeback_full_600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom