• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kids of lesbians have fewer behavioral problems, study suggests

rivrrat

Goddess of Bacon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Kids of lesbians have fewer behavioral problems, study suggests - CNN.com

A nearly 25-year study concluded that children raised in lesbian households were psychologically well-adjusted and had fewer behavioral problems than their peers.

The study, published Monday in the journal Pediatrics, followed 78 lesbian couples who conceived through sperm donations and assessed their children's well-being through a series of questionnaires and interviews.

However:

Wendy Wright, president of the Concerned Women for America, a group that supports biblical values, questioned the legitimacy of the findings from a study funded by gay advocacy groups.

"That proves the prejudice and bias of the study," she said. "This study was clearly designed to come out with one outcome -- to attempt to sway people that children are not detrimentally affected in a homosexual household."

Do you think funding affects the bias of this or any other study?

And if anti-gay/lesbian groups are so sure that children from gay/lesbian households are all ****ed up, why don't they fund their own study to prove it?

IMO, the sexual preferences of the parents is irrelevant. The only things that are relevant is the love, support, comfort, security, encouragement, and involvement of the parents.

However:

I think funding can affect a study. I would imagine it would have little effect on studies which are peer reviewed however.

And if anti-gay/lesbian groups are so sure that children from gay/lesbian households are all ****ed up, why don't they fund their own study to prove it?
I can think of many reasons why fundamentalists wouldn't fund such a study.
IMO, the sexual preferences of the parents is irrelevant. The only things that are relevant is the love, support, comfort, security, encouragement, and involvement of the parents.
Irrelevant? I'm not so sure. The study would seem to indicate a correlation.

However:

The funding will of course raise questions about the study. Other studies have found that two parents is preferable to one, no matter the genders of those parents. CC has the links to some great stuff on this.

LOL

File this under "BS" and ignore.

Good gawd.

Gender is irrelevant to parenthood.

What's BS about it?

A correlation between mommy's preference of genitalia and her ability to parent.

Oh, goody, let's just herd all the men into procreation camps, raise our kids with lesbians, and crime will drop 30 percent!!

Just think about how stupid - and how desperately reaching - this "study" is.

She is a fundamentalist someone who is a bigot, and needs to get out of the stone age. Yes funding can effect studies, but that is not the truth in this one, since it was a 25 year long study. She is just mad that it didn't fit her mold of thoughts.

However:

Depends on the methodology of the study. The bias is showcased in that, not where the money came from.

And that crazy heffer, Wendy Wright, would be the first to call on a study funded by NARTH or Focus on the Family so I'm sure everyone will forgive me if I find her being disgruntled over this a bit disingenuous.

She is a fundamentalist someone who is a bigot, and needs to get out of the stone age. Yes funding can effect studies, but that is not the truth in this one, since it was a 25 year long study. She is just mad that it didn't fit her mold of thoughts.

Would you also make that declaration about fundamentalist Muslims who are stuck in the Stone Age as well?

That picture appears to be staged. Lesbians tend to be extremely homely. Good looking babes like that don't tend to be lesbians.

Would you also make that declaration about fundamentalist Muslims who are stuck in the Stone Age as well?

That picture appears to be staged. Lesbians tend to be extremely homely. Good looking babes like that don't tend to be lesbians.

You need to meet more lesbians if that's your impression...

Yes a person's preference of genitalia is irrelaven t to ones ability to parent

What is not, is having loving parents who care for the child and each other.

Given that women tend to be more nuturing towards childern then men are, having two female parents will typically mean having two parents deeply involved in the childs life rather then one

A correlation between mommy's preference of genitalia and her ability to parent.

Oh, goody, let's just herd all the men into procreation camps, raise our kids with lesbians, and crime will drop 30 percent!!

Just think about how stupid - and how desperately reaching - this "study" is.

Im trying to find rational thought in this post and I just cant.

Depends on the methodology of the study. The bias is showcased in that, not where the money came from.

And that crazy heffer, Wendy Wright, would be the first to call on a study funded by NARTH or Focus on the Family so I'm sure everyone will forgive me if I find her being disgruntled over this a bit disingenuous.

Exactly, the fundies would question any study funded by groups they hate and vice versa.

If you are meeting that many ladies, you may have to face the truth that you are not gay.

I've never understood the straight male trait of being hesitant to walk up and talk to women.

LMFAO

You really need to get out more. ;)

Yes a person's preference of genitalia is irrelaven t to ones ability to parent

What is not, is having loving parents who care for the child and each other.

Given that women tend to be more nuturing towards childern then men are, having two female parents will typically mean having two parents deeply involved in the childs life rather then one

Now THAT is bias. There's not a woman on this earth that is more nurturing to their kids than I am. I know of a TON of bad moms.

Untrue, women like to hang out with gay men for many reasons, one of the biggest ones is that they dont have to worry about being hit on constantly.

Yeap, and they are good friends too take when going shoe shopping.

Last edited:

You need to meet more lesbians if that's your impression...

The woman on the right looks like she would/could be lesbian, the one on the left not as much

Yes, and lmao you need to get out more, because their are plenty of girls that look like the one in the pictures that are lesbians.

Last edited:
Of course, children raised by lesbians don't cause problems. Without any role of masculinity present in the home, the male children grow up effeminate and weak.

On paper the study seems legit. 4 different interviews throughout the lifespan of the child is extremely important in gathering a basic psychological profile of the child. So from that perspective, this study does go above and beyond most.

What we do not know was what the questions were, were the interviews 1 on 1 or were the parents involved and what role if any the folks providing the funding played.

But to conclude that a child does not require both genders in the home as parents is wishful thinking for some on the left.

Now THAT is bias. There's not a woman on this earth that is more nurturing to their kids than I am. I know of a TON of bad moms.

Notice how I said tends to be. A generalization for sure, but I think one that would typically be seen as being rather correct overall for society. Women do tend to be primary caregivers for childern as they tend to want to

Back
Top Bottom